YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2453790 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Demitri FX are done! Time to update the palettes!!!
#6101  March 01, 2019, 03:52:49 pm
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: updates updates updates
#6102  December 31, 2019, 04:38:52 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I'm still slowly picking away at updating all pre-King characters, and am currently in the midst of updating Ken. So hopefully that will get done relatively soon, since the hard/tedious stuff is all out of the way.

In the meantime, however, I noticed that I had completely fucked up everyone's super invincibility times (everyone who came after and including King, that is), so I had to go back and fix that. And, while I was updating Benimaru, the final character who needed that fixed, I noticed a few things that irked or otherwise looked wrong to me... so I got derailed and started working on doing a much more involved update to Benimaru. And because the changes are almost entirely visual, and especially because Benimaru's got a move named Super Inazuma Kick and one named Benimaru Collider, I felt I would be negligent to not make a video using a very specific piece of music:

One can only hope that Benimaru believes in hard work and guts.

In brief:
 - characters with compatible shocked animations used to play that animation only during hitpause, and immediately returned back to normal hit animations right after. Which, I dunno, looked kinda weird to me; it wasn't conveying the electrocution aspect well enough. So now it lasts longer, and also they now jitter back and forth rapidly, ala Darkstalkers. This is probably the most minor, least important thing that got changed in this update, but believe it or not, it was this thing that got me started on this update; I kept finding other shit in the course of changing this behavior!
 - Originally both level 1 and level 2 Raikoken looked identical. That's lame! Now the MAX version is slightly increased in size and also has small sparks surround it, patterned specifically on KOFXIII.
 - Benimaru Collider and Elec-Trigger used to share the same FX of a big lightning bolt shocking the opponent while they're held by Benimaru (this is also how it is in CvS2), and that seemed kinda wrong. Surely the super (Elec-Trigger) should have the big lightning bolt while the special (Benimaru Collider) should have something more subdued, right? Well, KOF has them use different FX, so I nicked the KOFXIII Benimaru Collider FX and added them, and they seem to blend in pretty well with everything else. There were also some other minor animation changes. Very exciting stuff, I'm sure!
 - Having distinguished Benimaru Collider from Elec-Trigger more, I still kinda felt like something was missing from the latter, so I tried to make the move even more like it behaved and looked in KOF. Besides some minor animation timing tweaks, Benimaru also has small electrical effect appear near his hands right at the end of the move, where the opponent get thrown. In KOF, this is a unique visual effect, but I tried to sort of fake it with existing FX he already had, by repurposing stuff from Raikoken and Denei Spark:

- I dunno I think it works. Maybe. It's hard to tell when you've been staring at something for so long!

So uh yeah. I'm just putting the finishing touches on these pretty minor updates, they should get released very shortly. And then it's back to Ken!
#6103  December 31, 2019, 12:31:49 pm
Awesome stuff, the new FX look great.
I've been looking forward to that Ken update since you started updating your older chars.
#6104  December 31, 2019, 12:54:51 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I've been rotting away waiting for a Ken update, good luck buddyrino.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#6105  January 01, 2020, 09:20:38 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Yo Jmporphman... when you update Ken, can you make his EX version of Tatsumaki Senpukyaku like MvC2?
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 02:14:32 am by Godlike Emerie
#6106  January 02, 2020, 01:58:35 am
    • USA
Nah.

maybe Master mode's tatsus could be like that, but I dunno. Not really feeling it.
#6107  January 02, 2020, 02:02:41 am
    • UK
On the topic of modes, could Chun-Li get some sort of mode which has her SFA moves but without the Shadow Lady stuff?
WIP Schedule:
#6108  January 02, 2020, 02:15:37 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 07:00:20 am by Godlike Emerie
#6109  January 02, 2020, 02:16:45 am
    • UK
Lastly will Master Mode get some his SFIII Mode likes like the Guren Senpuukyaku?
WIP Schedule:
#6110  January 02, 2020, 05:19:20 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#6111  January 02, 2020, 06:30:12 am
    • USA
On the topic of modes, could Chun-Li get some sort of mode which has her SFA moves but without the Shadow Lady stuff?
There's not really anything super interesting or distinguishing that can be done to differentiate SFA Chun-Li from normal Chun-Li. Sure, there's SFA palettes but they don't totally work; the Alpha outfit just can't be conveyed very well with her usual outfit. And of course, there'd be no difference in the voice or intros/taunts/winposes/whatever.

The whole reason there's a Shadow Lady mode to begin with was because of these issues: I wanted to do a SFA moveset mode of some kind, but it needed something unique and special. And thus, the inclusion of all the Shadow Lady stuff. It's a solution I really like, because it keeps the cool SFA moveset, but also incorporates all the cool stuff from Shadow Lady (palette shifting, Final Mission) while ditching all the lame stuff (literally every other move she has in MvC, they're so dumb). Which is also the reason why there's never gonna be a pure Shadow Lady mode with her full MvC moveset! Because it sucks!

Lastly will Master Mode get some his SFIII Mode likes like the Guren Senpuukyaku?
I dunno I guess but I feel like adding all the SFIII mode stuff is just gonna completely bloat up the moveset. And it's already absurdly bloated and crazy (such is the nature of Master modes)!
#6112  January 03, 2020, 01:58:27 am
    • UK
I guess if you really wanted to spice up Shadow Lady without that char's MvC moveset you could just implement Shadow Nash's Warp, but then again she obviously didn't have that.
Edit: Or just give her an Air Hyakuretsukyaku because those sprites were made.
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:19:10 am by RagingRowen
#6113  May 14, 2020, 05:55:26 am
    • USA
Ken is taking forever because he has too many goddamn moves, too many modes, too many intros, too many winposes... the list goes on. It's exhausting!!!

here's some random videos:
https://network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman/images/wipthread/ViolinVsBipsonIntro.mp4
shamelessly stolen from the Orochi Iori/Leona '97 intro. The full version (with background pause) only plays with PotS's Dictator. A patch will be provided to update Dictator with the intro.

https://network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman/images/wipthread/CanYouFeelMyJank.mp4
this one's just for fun
#6114  May 14, 2020, 06:06:28 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines

couldn't wait, i wanna see more!
#6115  May 14, 2020, 08:48:43 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Now you can do that God ken, by Moldredd/updated ai by jadayee/your touches for a finale class of mugen titans. Ken has to bring himself and ryu back from the dark side man.lol Just playing don't trip, but I have that file of him doe. I commission you top us dollar, if you ever get motivated enough.lol I like the patch man, looks really cool. Reminds me of the Street Fighter movie. Keep it rocking.
#6116  May 14, 2020, 06:23:08 pm
You kinda did this to yourself Jman with all the modes and moves :P.

I feel like Ken should be at least breathing before he yells at bison there should be animation there.
Staying in one place like that frozen looks kinda off to me.

Second video got me rolling lmao.
#6117  May 15, 2020, 06:19:50 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
That Violent Ken intro looks dope!
#6118  May 16, 2020, 01:14:35 am
  • Palette Maker + 1.1 Stage Conversion Maestro
    • USA
    • xtremeregime.weebly.com
Gonna drop some palettes here for your next Ken update. Went ahead and made six defaults and six custom palettes based off of other characters from other fighting games for both normal and violent modes. Hope you enjoy!

Normal Ken:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Violent Ken:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#6119  May 20, 2020, 01:01:41 am
    • USA
In SvC Violent Ken's air Tatsu has an active hitbox on the very first frame and uh
https://network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman/images/wipthread/Blue_Comet_SPT_Kenzer.mp4
was already not planning on keeping it...

Gonna drop some palettes here for your next Ken update. Went ahead and made six defaults and six custom palettes based off of other characters from other fighting games for both normal and violent modes. Hope you enjoy!
For most of these palettes, the Orochi skull will show up like this (because the skull uses subtractive transparency), is that alright?
#6120  May 20, 2020, 01:54:46 am
  • Palette Maker + 1.1 Stage Conversion Maestro
    • USA
    • xtremeregime.weebly.com
For most of these palettes, the Orochi skull will show up like this (because the skull uses subtractive transparency), is that alright?

Yeah, I don't mind.