YesNoOk

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Read 894295 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, September 29, 2011, 10:17:18 pm
Share this topic:
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
#741  April 18, 2014, 07:33:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
quote i found

Regarding Dio's purple hermit
At the start of Series 3, according to Joseph, Stand is develope from Hamon.
When one's Hamon reach a certain level, it can create a spiritual guardian,
and Joseph call it STAND.
He relieve the word STAND from the song stand by me.

Under this explanation, I think it is pretty logical to think that Dio's purple hermit is actually developed from Jonathan's Hamon,
My personal theory is that Dio does have the purple Hermit Power but since the purple Hermit is related to Hamon, It will hurt Dio whenever he uses it,
this is why Dio never use the power of purple Hermit again. Another reason might be Purple Hermit is pretty useless against the heroes. There is no point using it.

But in a later stage, Araki explained (i think is either in Jojo agogo or 6251) that he originally want to make the World consist of all the other stand power, but he change his mind because he feels that to be able to stop time will make the World more powerful rather than to make him have all the stand's power.
more to the point the last bit is interesting.
#742  April 18, 2014, 09:22:47 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Well early on, DIO is able to use hermit purple's ability.
#743  April 18, 2014, 09:30:58 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
so was anyone able to see what happened in the latest jojolion because i'm not able to atm
#744  April 18, 2014, 09:31:28 pm
But in a later stage, Araki explained (i think is either in Jojo agogo or 6251) that he originally want to make the World consist of all the other stand power, but he change his mind because he feels that to be able to stop time will make the World more powerful rather than to make him have all the stand's power.
Makes sense, if he had to scrap this idea, it explains why he needed to come up with "oh, the one he already used, well... It's Jonathan's, and Jonathan's is exactly the same as Joseph's, same name and same effect" instead (even if it's lame).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#745  April 18, 2014, 10:34:27 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Overheaven isn't written by Araki and most people don't consider it canon but yeah Nissio was trying to tie some loose ends (And make Dio seem in love/super tsundere with Jonathan or something)
Hermit Purple #2
(The italicized information below derives from a Light Novel not written by Araki. As such, it may or may not be considered canon.)

Along with activating his own Stand The World, it was stated that Dio's semi-precognitive abilities that seemed to have resulted from a Hermit Purple-like Stand were due to a Stand power that awoke in the body of Joseph's grandfather Jonathan Joestar. Similar to Hermit Purple, it can produce a psychic photograph by smashing a camera, which Dio used to track the Joestars and their friends's current location to send Stand Users after them. This Stand is also capable of showing an image present in someone's heart through a crystal ball. Dio used it to show Polnareff one image of J. Geil, as that image represented the pain Polnareff felt in his heart.

According to the JoJo novel, Over Heaven, the Stand shares the same name with Hermit Purple.
#746  April 18, 2014, 11:11:32 pm
This anime is awesome. Totally perfect than the OVA in 2001. Next time we will finally see Gray Fly in the anime. :D
I've watched part 1 and 2 of Jojo and they look fantastic too. Can't wait for next week.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#747  April 19, 2014, 12:55:12 am
  • M.U.G.E.N 4 LIFE!
    • USA
    • suliofthenerdvaid@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwd0KXNN1f_sVI80PHAnWdA
Was anybody laughing when Avdol ran away from DIO?
#748  April 19, 2014, 09:41:28 am
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#749  April 19, 2014, 04:20:07 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N 4 LIFE!
    • USA
    • suliofthenerdvaid@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwd0KXNN1f_sVI80PHAnWdA
#750  April 20, 2014, 12:37:44 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland

Gosh Yashao is a babe.

And unlike the one in the last part, she is legal too. Thank you Araki.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#751  April 20, 2014, 12:42:12 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
to make matters better, david production makes the jojo females even hotter.
#752  April 20, 2014, 05:49:29 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Well I finally finished reading Over Heaven.

This literally explains every plothole, retcon or unanswered question left by Araki, for instance, why DIO isn't able to use Kikarei touhou in part 3 (because Jonathan's body wouldn't be able to stand it and also how it's not useful in a stand battle), same for the Space Ripper Stingy Eyes (I disagree a bit with that one though,sure it can't damage the stand but it can damage the user), the nature of each stand's appearance (Even why The World has the ability to stop time, why the watch motiff)
Namedrops, connections, hints and references to every other part too (Several meetings with Pucci, Jongalli, Diavolo, DIO's kids, the origin of the 14 words, "Ghost Ripple", why people infected by flesh buds or zombies or people with no willpower aren't very proficient with stands, how Dio's weird animal experiments from part 1 helped him to prepare for detaching his head and invade another body, why Holly's stand affected her and why defeating DIO would heal her, who and how was Dio saved after the boat exploded in part 1, etc..)

It might not be canon but it was super interesting, definitely worth checking out (And it's not even that long, it's only 205 pages)
#753  April 20, 2014, 10:51:05 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
#754  April 20, 2014, 10:52:37 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#755  April 20, 2014, 11:31:20 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Haha this is cool. It fits really well.
#756  April 21, 2014, 12:08:53 am
Maybe it's just me but I'm finding Dio to be more unbearable than ever in Over Heaven. It's hard to get through. I know he's supposed to be an asshole, but if he's going to be the narrator tone it down a bit.
#757  April 21, 2014, 12:22:02 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
actually the whole thing with jongalli and pucci is kind of weird, that means that the former who is around 12 at the time would be a 15 year old's bodyguard (going by their ages in part 6 and when part 3 took place)?
#758  April 21, 2014, 02:55:13 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Maybe it's just me but I'm finding Dio to be more unbearable than ever in Over Heaven. It's hard to get through. I know he's supposed to be an asshole, but if he's going to be the narrator tone it down a bit.

Yeah the first handful of chapters are pretty much:
Mom was a fool, Heaven, Heaven, Heaven, mom was a fool, Heaven, I hate my father.

The next batch of chapters are just:
JoJo why are you such a bitch, Jojo you're spoiled, Mom was a fool, Heaven, Heaven, Grandma Enyah doesn't let me bring Pucci for a sleep over, damn old hag.

The second half of the book tones it down a little, but still, that's pretty understandable.

actually the whole thing with jongalli and pucci is kind of weird, that means that the former who is around 12 at the time would be a 15 year old's bodyguard (going by their ages in part 6 and when part 3 took place)?
That sounds about right but eh... Ken Oyanagi was 11 in part 4, And then there's Mannish Boy so I wouldn't worry about that. It's JoJo afterall.
#759  April 21, 2014, 03:42:12 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Yeah.

My mother was a fool.
All she lived for was 'heaven'.
Our town was hell.
One liner about heaven.
My father was right all along.
Another one liner about heaven.
I hated my father.

You get a cool explanation about Dio's schemes, vampirism or minions for each ten paragraphs like that.
#760  April 21, 2014, 04:53:00 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
hey, at least he is not talking about cooking eggs, or playing board games with little kids.