YesNoOk

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Read 892857 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, September 29, 2011, 10:17:18 pm
Share this topic:
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
#1021  January 11, 2015, 02:07:54 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
For some reason I think that with the way the adaptation is being handled part 4 will be a bomb.
#1022  January 11, 2015, 03:05:44 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It's definitely going to be a pretty radical shift in tone, that's for sure.  Part 4 is basically a slice-of-life comedy compared to the rest of Jojo, which is definitely going to cause some friction with people experiencing the story for the first time.  I'm just hoping it does well enough to keep the story going past it.  I don't want them to stop before they get to Stone Ocean.
#1023  January 11, 2015, 03:20:25 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Considering how popular slice of life is (hello Persona) I'm not scared for Part 4.  If anything I think part 6 is gonna cause a lot of pain for the anime-only fanbase...assuming they haven't been spoiled yet.
#1024  January 11, 2015, 03:23:43 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
i'm sure people will enjoy 4, it's great, it has a good protagonist, fun moments but can have some darker moments with a likable villain, and the best hair in the series, it should be fine

i hope, it'd be a shame if the most boring arc was the last one they made
#1025  January 11, 2015, 03:24:29 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
#1026  January 11, 2015, 03:26:22 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
god damn it
#1027  January 11, 2015, 03:35:44 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 03:39:48 am by ShadowArm
#1028  January 11, 2015, 03:39:25 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#1029  January 11, 2015, 04:31:11 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Considering how popular slice of life is (hello Persona) I'm not scared for Part 4.  If anything I think part 6 is gonna cause a lot of pain for the anime-only fanbase...assuming they haven't been spoiled yet.
if anything I am starting to read complains on part 3 becoming very formulaic.
#1030  January 24, 2015, 04:45:48 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
this week's episode was awesome + Lol the ending!
#1031  January 25, 2015, 06:29:43 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

Crunchysubs I feel like you're not taking this seriously.
#1032  January 25, 2015, 06:47:50 pm
I can't blame them for being concerned with copyright issues ( the name change was used in the Viz release as well). In this case I'd say fuck it though, there has to be some  kind of wiggle room that lets them use oingo boingo that without having some kind of backlash. Also, I know that the name is there to be preserve the musical reference, but it sucks.
#1033  January 25, 2015, 06:50:43 pm
The title on the cover says Oingo Boingo, the subtitle says Zenyatta Mondatta. They should make up their mind, and if they're going to switch names around, they should make sure to also redraw stuff so that it matches. apparently they didn't care to do anything like that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1034  January 25, 2015, 07:26:59 pm
Redrawing is probably beyond their capabilities. An overlay might work ,it would look a little untidy ,but it would've been more ideal.

And yeah, the Oingo Boingo specific ending took me by surprise. Hat tip to Daivd Pro. for that.
#1035  January 26, 2015, 12:02:35 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
The ending was amazing.
Crunchysubs I feel like you're not taking this seriously.
Those were their official names in Viz's manga and that got localized years ago (And it's still a musical reference). Crunchy doesn't do redraws, it's not worth it I don't see what's so strange about it.
#1036  January 26, 2015, 01:34:01 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
that the original titles is clearly visible on the book while sthe subs say something completely different ::)

i was able to finally get a friend to watch jojo, and he already finished the whole first season and is starting stardust crusaders (had only seen 3 epsiodes when i last saw him) and he said that he didn't really liked it but that he just couldnt stop watching it due to how over the top everything is.

he also said his favorite jojo was jonathan (because he was the manliest), that joseph was too much for him to handle and even though the 1st 3 episodes of SDC are exposition/jotaro centric episodes jotaro had not left any impressions on him (which is understandable since jotaro does nothing... EVER)

i also finally started reading part iv (only 4 volumes so far). this is very lighthearted compared to the other 3 parts and the new jojo is a cool dude even if his hair looks stupid. also... is the midget going to be the new polnareff, as in the whole story is going to be mostly about him?
#1037  January 26, 2015, 01:41:53 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I dunno, I feel like Okuyasu is the new polnareff. Mostly because he is kind of dumb and he did lost a family member like polnareff. He also start as a bad guy like polnareff
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1038  January 26, 2015, 02:04:20 am
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
I don't know if I said this, but the new opening and song are going to change a little, that much is clear. I don't want to spoil how since It's pretty cool, if minor.
#1039  January 26, 2015, 02:30:05 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
I dunno, I feel like Okuyasu is the new polnareff. Mostly because he is kind of dumb and he did lost a family member like polnareff. He also start as a bad guy like polnareff

also Okuyasu is voiced by Freakin Onizuka, so it adds to the comic relief and badassery levels too
#1040  January 26, 2015, 02:35:30 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
First time I'm posting here.

During the process of converting Star Platinum to VS Style, I started to watch JoJo. I regret NOTHING! :P

I've played only the CPS3 Capcom Game and I never understanded the fight style from that game. Now I understand, and I've become a fan of this anime :D

[I don't care about spoilers, the fight scenes from this séries is awesome as fuck :D ]
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome