YesNoOk

Contributor Suggestion Thread (Read 1486103 times)

Started by Cybaster, September 03, 2007, 09:26:13 am
Share this topic:
Re: Democracy Thread
#361  August 10, 2008, 03:26:52 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#362  August 10, 2008, 03:28:33 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
TehBazzard for his Schoolgirl Lilith  :suttrox:
Is the least i can do since i couldn't post in the "release" topic
For dshitznetz, i don't know if being a creator and a good poster count the same ... If it's for mugen contribution, he may deserve it ... but if it's also related to posts/general attitude i would doubt it
--nothing personal

Why isnt Cooper contrib yet?
#363  August 10, 2008, 03:38:18 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I guess because his fullgame was made in Fighter Maker, not Mugen?
#364  August 10, 2008, 03:42:29 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Oh yes, that was the reason I didnt gave him contrib status before, but check his sig, he released a full sprite pack, thats pretty good as far as contributions go, they aren't just allegedly given to someone that might or not release them later on in a char.
#365  August 10, 2008, 03:45:21 am
    • Argentina
    • http://furiadivina.mygamesonline.org
Maybe because nobody will ever make a character with those shared 619 sprites (of course the fxs will appear someday in a random character without credit  :buttrox:) haha
But seriously kira, you're slow or what? Or maybe i'm the slow one dunno . . . but i think it's quite clear the proposition of tehbazzard was a joke.
Anyway, either ominous waits 'till mrzilla officially uses those sprites in an update of zero . . . or we both have the contributor status.

Quite Offtopic: I was thinking, what's the difference between a fm game and a moleboxed mugen fullgame? lol, if i would have made those 8 players in mugen, the 10 stages, and the screenpack (plus the lil demo movies), by this time i bet i'd have a contributor star plus a "hero" one

DMK

#366  August 10, 2008, 03:54:28 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Throw in another +1 for the editor for Jesuszilla's character. Same for Cooper.  :)
#367  August 10, 2008, 03:54:43 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Its out of principle cooper.  You didnt do stuff on mugen, so its weird to turn you into a mugen contributor.
You gave the sprites to someone to convert, but as we all know that could go nowhere, We are not gonna turn into contributor anyone that sprited for anything, even without being geared to mugen or already released .

Its a way to give a little incentive people to create.
But the moment you released sprites for people to use, then as far as im concerned, you contributed to the overall scene.

Please understand that its not about you being a good/bad spriter, that isn't in cause. its about you giving good contributions towards mugen and having a good attitude ( you have shown proofs of both) .
#368  August 10, 2008, 03:59:54 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
We dun't like yer kind 'round 'ere Koop
#369  August 10, 2008, 04:00:55 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
But I just said I like his kind round here! D:
#370  August 10, 2008, 04:01:16 am
    • Argentina
LOL ... i understand perfectly that  :P I never said otherwise. In fact, i was even a bit surprised when i first saw the "nomination" . . . Anyway, my offtopic question wasn't aimed at "why didn't i have a fucking star man? i made 8000 fucking sprite edits " rolf. The point is: Imagine this --
A new guy comes to the guild and releases a fullgame made with mugen, ok? But the game is locked and no one can use the characters for their own rosters (common thing i guess). The quiestion is: is that guy a contributor?

Again, the question is not about me, but it came to my mind thinking in my "situation"
#371  August 10, 2008, 04:02:43 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Stop making hard questions! D:

edit: kidding, i guess they would still have done stuff for mugen and would have to be considered mugen contributors.
yeah i know that technically the result is the same, both are still just a playable game , even a guy that codes a game in flash could be around and say the same.
#372  August 10, 2008, 04:40:43 am
    • USA
c00per, just release "our secret deal" as open source once finished and bang, star earned  ;P

[size=05pt]or I can get more time to release that damn project once for all and give you the star as a side effect : P[/size]
#373  August 10, 2008, 04:49:12 am
    • Argentina
Fuck! You ruined the surprise ... i'll just say "no"
"That thing" will continue as it was before all this. And it won't be opensource (at least my part of it lol, you can of course do whatever you want with your stuff).
On a side note, i wasn't the one in the first place asking to be called contributor.

Oh, and BTW ... the reason i'm not going to make it opensource is because i want to show the Argentinian power to the world  :P (if you add the creators of terrordrome, bang! )

Edit: Let's stick to the rules. If Felo had to wait until his sprites became life, same goes for me . . . and for all the other spriters out there. Let this be an example for future references.
Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 04:52:27 am by c00per
#374  August 10, 2008, 04:51:19 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Oh, and BTW ... the reason i'm not going to make it opensource is because i want to show the Argentinian power to the world  :P
Being opensource never stopped anyone from being considered good, look at pots and shinryoga, but you do what you must pal.
#375  August 10, 2008, 04:54:39 am
    • Argentina
lol, that's not the reason ... it's because it won't be special anymore. And i think if you Iced are smart (and i think you are) you now of what we are talking about . . . shh

OZ

#376  August 10, 2008, 05:02:36 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Let's stick to the rules. If Felo had to wait until his sprites became life, same goes for me . . . and for all the other spriters out there. Let this be an example for future references.

Sob.  :'(
ಠ_ಠ
#377  August 10, 2008, 05:20:06 am
    • USA

what surprise? I didnt say anything about it :P

and lol @ argentinian POWA!
#378  August 12, 2008, 11:31:51 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
#379  August 13, 2008, 01:46:26 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
what surprise? I didnt say anything about it :P
and lol @ argentinian POWA!
What surprise ? Everything was already said in the 619 topic as far as I remember.

+1 to cooper, Kira's editor and BlackChaos.
#380  August 13, 2008, 01:32:58 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
My shitty mugen stuff: