YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.3 (UPDATED June, 16) (Read 938081 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, April 04, 2018, 02:43:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.2 (UPDATED May, 31)
#221  June 01, 2018, 02:35:53 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Reuploaded the version 3.5.2 with all bug fixes. The change this time is big so a patch would be almost a full version.
Details on Patreon page.

Thanks!
#222  June 01, 2018, 07:28:38 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
There's a problem with CLSN defaults:

.AIR code:
Code:
; Crouching Light Punch
[Begin Action 400]
Clsn2Default: 3
  Clsn2[0] = 0, -58, 24, -38
  Clsn2[1] = -24, -52, 24, -32
  Clsn2[2] = -28, -32, 36, 0
400,0, 0,0, 3
Clsn1: 1
  Clsn1[0] = 33, -16, 67, 0
Clsn2: 3
  Clsn2[2] = -28, -32, 51, 0
400,1, 0,0, 3
400,0, 0,0, 4

Should be displaying that first CLSN for the final frame. CLSNDefaults in MUGEN are kept on any subsequent frames as long as they are not overridden by another CLSNDefault; they are independent of one another as well.
#223  June 01, 2018, 06:05:35 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
There's a problem with CLSN defaults:

.AIR code:
Code:
; Crouching Light Punch
[Begin Action 400]
Clsn2Default: 3
  Clsn2[2] = -28, -32, 36, 0
400,0, 0,0, 3
Clsn1: 1
  Clsn1[0] = 33, -16, 67, 0
Clsn2: 3
  Clsn2[2] = -28, -32, 51, 0
400,1, 0,0, 3
400,0, 0,0, 4

Should be displaying that first CLSN for the final frame. CLSNDefaults in MUGEN are kept on any subsequent frames as long as they are not overridden by another CLSNDefault; they are independent of one another as well.
Fixed, thanks!
#224  June 01, 2018, 08:21:08 pm
    • Russia
    • farengeit-mugen.blogspot.com
Crash when commenting the line of the code selected in the left panel's list (definitions, states & commands editors).

P.S. Thanks for update)))))
Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:47:13 pm by Farengeit
#225  June 02, 2018, 05:33:52 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
#226  June 03, 2018, 08:50:49 pm
    • Russia
- Little bug in Tools -> Options -> Image -> Center of zoom: unable to set value "Center of workspace" (sometimes this spontaneously changing the value of the "zoom mode") 

- The inability to add an mugen engine with a name other than "mugen.exe" (for example, when using the screenpack selector by Sludge it is required that it be called "winmugen.exe"). This is not a bug, but very unpleasant ((((

I liked the improved search - files in the code editor are marked at once, in which the search string are also found. Very convenient. Advanced search looks cool too)))) This has long been missing in Fighter Factory.
#227  June 04, 2018, 11:36:18 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Just got this weird bug where all the expanded menu items would display on my other monitor.

Also, crashes on loading empty .AIR file when switching to animations editor.

"New Animation with all" in AIR editor has the add dialog pop up twice.

EDIT: Animation player doesn't seem to like 1-tick animelems too well. It freezes up when it loops around and the first frame is 1 tick. I believe this is also an issue when the last frame is 1 tick.

I also had a few crashes this morning when using find/replace; not entirely sure what caused it.
Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 04:51:15 pm by Jesuszilla
#228  June 06, 2018, 02:23:34 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
- Little bug in Tools -> Options -> Image -> Center of zoom: unable to set value "Center of workspace" (sometimes this spontaneously changing the value of the "zoom mode") 

- The inability to add an mugen engine with a name other than "mugen.exe" (for example, when using the screenpack selector by Sludge it is required that it be called "winmugen.exe"). This is not a bug, but very unpleasant ((((

I liked the improved search - files in the code editor are marked at once, in which the search string are also found. Very convenient. Advanced search looks cool too)))) This has long been missing in Fighter Factory.
Fixed, thanks! Glad to see you liked the improvements.

Just got this weird bug where all the expanded menu items would display on my other monitor.

Also, crashes on loading empty .AIR file when switching to animations editor.

"New Animation with all" in AIR editor has the add dialog pop up twice.

EDIT: Animation player doesn't seem to like 1-tick animelems too well. It freezes up when it loops around and the first frame is 1 tick. I believe this is also an issue when the last frame is 1 tick.

I also had a few crashes this morning when using find/replace; not entirely sure what caused it.
Fixed the bugs: dialog pop up twice and animation player. The other ones I can't reproduce, but I'm trying to figure in what situation this can happen. Thanks!
#229  June 07, 2018, 12:52:08 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Hey, I just noticed that onionskin for a sprite disappears when I switch to the .AIR editor. I actually used to use that feature a lot for drawing CLSNs when I need just 1 or 2.
#230  June 07, 2018, 05:12:23 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I just noticed that too. Was just coming to note it. Though if simple I'd prefer to have an onionskin option directly in the .air that's not used alongside the one in the sff. And with it being able to account for the offsets
#231  June 07, 2018, 09:59:39 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Adding an offset to onion skin, and being able to horizontal flip and vertical flip it would be great.
But I do want to disagree with having the actual number of the sprite be different. It'd be pretty difficult to track down the exact sprite you need using only the animations. You can switch using the animations pretty fast finding the sprite in the animation, switch to sprite, click onion skin, and back to animations.
If you didn't mean have them separate, but only that you could initialize which sprite based off of the animation screen, then that sounds ok to me. 
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#232  June 08, 2018, 11:41:35 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Got an e-mail. He updated it last night, y'all! Go to Help > Check for Updates.

EDIT: The 1-tick animation frame issue is still present. Also, it freezes when the timing is 0. In MUGEN, it simply skips to the next frame.

Also, I can't click multiple times to select a CLSN that's underneath another. Really makes attack placement a pain. I know this is a difficult case, but it's an important one. You already have a list of hitboxes, so what you can do is iterate through each one, keep track of the index in the array it's currently on, and move to the next that fills the criteria of the mouse clicking in its location.
Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:17:39 pm by Jesuszilla
#233  June 08, 2018, 12:29:20 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Yeah In FF3 it was annoying if you couldn't select a third/fourth box. I don't like that you can't even get to 2.
I just spent about 6h redoing hitboxes. This is a pretty big option imho.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#234  June 08, 2018, 04:51:41 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I just meant I'd like to be able to choose the onionskin in the air editor.

I do have a question though. When I have more than 1 char open in FFS and I am on a certain sprite/anim in the sff or air and I go to another char tab. Then I go back to the previous char tab. It is rarely where I left it. I don't understand the logic it's using to save the location I was last looking at. So I have to find the sprite/anim again. Multiply that by 100 and it gets exasperating. Can you make it keep my location?
#235  June 08, 2018, 04:53:27 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Yeah, requesting the same. I like things to be where I left them.
#236  June 08, 2018, 08:36:10 pm
    • Russia
Hmmm... The program is not updated properly! Updated only: "update.exe" & some xml-files (update, config, history, shortcuts, engines\mugen\config). After that "update.exe" no longer runs. Tried to update other copy of the program (also, through the menu) - every time updates are downloaded, try to be established and nothing happens.

P.S. Checked by the time of the last file change and the absence of fixes of previous bugs)))  Operation system - Windows 7 x86.
Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 08:45:30 pm by Farengeit
#237  June 09, 2018, 02:10:26 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Hey, I just noticed that onionskin for a sprite disappears when I switch to the .AIR editor. I actually used to use that feature a lot for drawing CLSNs when I need just 1 or 2.
Seems people didn't noticed, but now, AIR editor has its own OnionSkin that uses anim/frame combo that's exactly what people are requesting :D. It's on the thumbnails panel on all presets.

EDIT: The 1-tick animation frame issue is still present. Also, it freezes when the timing is 0. In MUGEN, it simply skips to the next frame.

Also, I can't click multiple times to select a CLSN that's underneath another. Really makes attack placement a pain. I know this is a difficult case, but it's an important one. You already have a list of hitboxes, so what you can do is iterate through each one, keep track of the index in the array it's currently on, and move to the next that fills the criteria of the mouse clicking in its location.
OK, thanks!

I do have a question though. When I have more than 1 char open in FFS and I am on a certain sprite/anim in the sff or air and I go to another char tab. Then I go back to the previous char tab. It is rarely where I left it. I don't understand the logic it's using to save the location I was last looking at. So I have to find the sprite/anim again. Multiply that by 100 and it gets exasperating. Can you make it keep my location?
Yeah, this was only partially implemented. I will finish it now, thanks!

Hmmm... The program is not updated properly! Updated only: "update.exe" & some xml-files (update, config, history, shortcuts, engines\mugen\config). After that "update.exe" no longer runs. Tried to update other copy of the program (also, through the menu) - every time updates are downloaded, try to be established and nothing happens.

P.S. Checked by the time of the last file change and the absence of fixes of previous bugs)))  Operation system - Windows 7 x86.
The update only contains the executable, and two dynamic libraries, no way it will change xml files, except update.xml. But the update process has some bugs, mainly file permissions that break things on Unix systems. And if you run it as administrator on a folder with admin rights, update will fail.

I think will be better to fix these remaining bugs and add the suggestions above and release as 3.5.3 so people will redownload it and in the next updates we do it only by "Check updates".

Thnaks!
#238  June 09, 2018, 02:20:45 pm
Not sure if this was mentioned already, if it was I apologize; I've decided to get into editing sprites with the Image Editor, but every time I use the copy and paste functions to copy parts over, then save a sprite I'm editing, trying to switch to another sprite afterward crashes the program. Seems to happen randomly so it may be a bit hard to reproduce.
#239  June 09, 2018, 05:57:31 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Some sounds get cut off early when playing them on Mac.
#240  June 10, 2018, 01:01:53 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Not sure if this was mentioned already, if it was I apologize; I've decided to get into editing sprites with the Image Editor, but every time I use the copy and paste functions to copy parts over, then save a sprite I'm editing, trying to switch to another sprite afterward crashes the program. Seems to happen randomly so it may be a bit hard to reproduce.
Found the bug and fixed it, thanks!

Some sounds get cut off early when playing them on Mac.
Yes, this happens on Linux too. It's a well known issue since the first version. This is a Qt bug, so will be harder to fix without big changes, so I'm skipping this now.

I'm almost ready to release 3.5.3 with lots of bug fixes, but nothing new. This will fix the mess with the same version without auto update too.

Thanks!