YesNoOk

Rockman Zero Collection (Read 2445 times)

Started by rednavi, March 06, 2010, 12:17:28 am
Share this topic:
Rockman Zero Collection
#1  March 06, 2010, 12:17:28 am
    • USA

raddaguy

Re: Rockman Zero Collection
#2  March 06, 2010, 12:26:14 am
Cool.
#3  March 06, 2010, 07:22:47 am
  • Fuck You.
FUCk YEAH!!!! Childre Inarabitta!!!
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#4  March 06, 2010, 05:42:44 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I hope that there will be an american release.
#5  March 06, 2010, 07:49:39 pm
  • X is for Xtreme
    • Netherlands
    • Geocities.jp
Very nice, I love the MMZ series  :D
where there is a will,there is a way。
Sounds like you're just jealous that Duke Nukem has a bigger dick and gets ALL the bitches.
#6  March 07, 2010, 06:38:57 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#7  March 08, 2010, 01:57:24 am

vyn

#8  March 17, 2010, 10:06:49 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
nice, i loved these series and ending was awesome, a bit of graphic improvement would be nice instead of that stupid card thing but hey the other extra sounds cool inough
Sorry for the geekdom here
#9  March 17, 2010, 10:49:08 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Not exactly related but kinda...
I just got the Mega Man Zero Complete Works art book and read a part explaining the way the X series connects to the Zero series.

In it it states that the virus came from the circuit that Light put in X's "brain" so he'd always question the weight of humans and reploids.
And that Zero is the 1st reploid infected by it but it makes him stop being completely evil and a killer as Wiley created him to be.

Is this a retcon from the original X series? I know Maverick Hunter retconned a few things. The biggest conflict I see is from the X4 cinema where Sigma barely beats Zero. If Zero was the 1st one infected I don't see why he was still ballistic in X4 so long after being infected. That would also mean that X and Zero met before this wouldn't it?

I always thought the virus was inherent to Zero by Wiley's design. And when combined with what Cain used to make Sigma to prevent him from becoming a maverick it formed the Sigma Virus.

Really looking forward to this collection and the ZX3 they are making. The MegaMan Zero series is my favorite!

vyn

#10  March 18, 2010, 04:19:21 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Cant quite see the connection there, how come the programming in X became a virus, how did it infect zero and what does it have to do with Zero series???, the guy lost his body to entrap an evil fairy sure and the robots he built went Hitler but stll doesnt quite sound like a virus, Zero series main baddies were convinced fighters instead of mindless infected followers.
Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:23:32 am by [V]yn
#11  March 18, 2010, 04:24:46 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It has a lot to do with the Zero series. The Sigma Virus is used to create Mother Elf. She cured the mavericks. Then Weil corrupted the Sigma virus in her to turn her into the Dark Elf that began the Elf wars.

That part I understand. I'm trying to fit X4 and what this book said together. Something isn't adding up to me.

vyn

#12  March 18, 2010, 04:29:35 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Yes that much is clearly explained in the games, its ur post i dont understand then. You are saying that the sigma virus came from a circuit inside Xs head??? or just what virus are you talking aobut there mate?

How bout x7-8? the "New generaton reploids" supposedly all infected with it and potential mavericks/sigmas at will? is anything on them there?
#13  March 18, 2010, 09:46:13 am
  • Professional Loser
From what I know, the Maverick Virus had Zero as its original host. That much is unchanged.

That thing about X's morality programming it that it wasn't correctly copied when Cain created the first reploids, so they had an incomplete copy of it. That incomplete copy was what the Virus took advantage of to infect them. It kinda makes sense, given how some of the Mavericks seem to follow Sigma out of their own will thinking he's in the right instead of acting like mindless zombies.
I will not give you whatever time you wasted reading this back.
#14  March 18, 2010, 02:19:50 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'm a bit confused about the origins of the virus as well. That's why I'm asking =p

I figure if Noah sees this he might know.

Anyway I scanned in what I read to maybe clarify.
http://www.justnopoint.com/Stuff/Zero.jpg

vyn

#15  March 18, 2010, 04:55:28 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
ah well read like that it certainly makes more sense but sigma is never to be mentioned regardless, in the X series he is the source right? not X, it was in X2 when the whole virus thing began, the first time sigma had no actual body. Damn so many years its pretty hard to remember, at least Zero series are fresh heh.

But as an explanation of the Zero series it is rather convincing, as for the link with X series, not that much.

And who was it that left zero busted like that at the begining of the series (that pic right there) i dont quite remember, was it omega?.
Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 05:00:35 pm by [V]yn
#16  March 19, 2010, 10:21:39 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
This is the key:

From what I've heard, the explanation isn't canon.
It's an idea they had during the planning stages of Megaman X, and then it was retaken during Zero (Making Megaman Zero some sort of alternate continuity)

I mean, it's quite obvious that the whole basis of the virus is completely different, the one we actually see in the X series doesn't make reploids overthink themselves insane questioning of their their own actions, it turns them into frggin' homicidal maniacs (See Zero during the X4 flashback)

Actually, they kind of implemented part of that idea in the form of "mavericks" who really are just questioning things, in X4 and on.
Just No Point said:
Is this a retcon from the original X series? I know Maverick Hunter retconned a few things. The biggest conflict I see is from the X4 cinema where Sigma barely beats Zero. If Zero was the 1st one infected I don't see why he was still ballistic in X4 so long after being infected.
This?
Well, it's a flashback to before X1... the virus wasn't active after that... Until it evolved into the Nightmare/Zero virus in X5.

Just No Point said:
That would also mean that X and Zero met before this wouldn't it?
Their first meeting is when Vile captures X in X1. That's all.
...Let's ignore IHX, the amount of retcons it pulls guarantees an alternate timeline.

Anyways, most of those are retcons, each game pulls events that conflict with other games, Zero hibernating in...X4? (Or X5?) Supposedly links the game to Megaman Zero.... Then you have X6, X7 and X8 (Which also, introduces Axel/Lumine's virus)

And who was it that left zero busted like that at the begining of the series (that pic right there) i dont quite remember, was it omega?.
Either:
-Zero himself (Hibernating with that strange device)
-Result of the Elf war (It could be anyone's fault:  Weil, X or the Dark Elf)
Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:26:44 am by Noah Bennet
#17  March 19, 2010, 02:02:58 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Thanks Noah. I was wanting to make sure if that was a canon piece or not.

I liked the concept. Since Sigma found Zero 1st the maverick virus was already spreading before Zero could be "infected" by X. Otherwise there would be no need for Sigma since he was created to be maverick proof. That was the part that was throwing me off and I thought I remembered reading about the chip in X's head causing this before. Like you said it must have been in early concept and/or in IHX which I guess should be ignored unless the start making more to update the complete story.

I wish they'd put the IHX series and Powered up series on PS3/XBox/Wii as DLC. I bet they'd sell much better!

vyn

#18  March 19, 2010, 07:46:36 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
awww the whole "not canon" always kills crazy geeky discussions
Re: Sorry for the geekdom here
#19  March 21, 2010, 08:00:35 pm
  • hecc
Not exactly related but kinda...
I just got the Mega Man Zero Complete Works art book and read a part explaining the way the X series connects to the Zero series.

In it it states that the virus came from the circuit that Light put in X's "brain" so he'd always question the weight of humans and reploids.
And that Zero is the 1st reploid infected by it but it makes him stop being completely evil and a killer as Wiley created him to be.

Is this a retcon from the original X series? I know Maverick Hunter retconned a few things. The biggest conflict I see is from the X4 cinema where Sigma barely beats Zero. If Zero was the 1st one infected I don't see why he was still ballistic in X4 so long after being infected. That would also mean that X and Zero met before this wouldn't it?

I always thought the virus was inherent to Zero by Wiley's design. And when combined with what Cain used to make Sigma to prevent him from becoming a maverick it formed the Sigma Virus.

Really looking forward to this collection and the ZX3 they are making. The MegaMan Zero series is my favorite!
THEY ARE MAKING ZX3?!?!
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#20  March 22, 2010, 11:27:39 pm
    • USA
and legends 3 and 4 :O  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o