YesNoOk

Looking for a professional Inker for my comic (Read 3709 times)

Started by --WhiteAngel--, October 07, 2021, 10:39:00 pm
Share this topic:
Looking for a professional Inker for my comic
#1  October 07, 2021, 10:39:00 pm
    • raibakuoh_20xx@yahoo.com
Hi everyone..

I have a comic/manga that I want to publish but I need an Inker to finalizes the job for me ..

Anyone here have this skill? 
Re: Looking for a professional Inker for my comic
#2  October 07, 2021, 11:14:25 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
preview?
#3  October 10, 2021, 06:35:12 pm
#4  October 11, 2021, 05:44:07 am
  • all is love in fair and war
man, don't draw comic on lined paper.

if you can't find a local comic paper format, you can either make a template yourself

put a ruler tape on 4 sides of the paper and photocopy it to a stack of 100grm smooth paper.
or
use triangle ruler with measurement  like this

to make it easier to draw frames

and buy french curve ruller (ruller for cclothes pattern making) set to make curving frames or curve effect easier.

if you draw your pencil neat enough, you can post process your scanned pencil drawing that you don't need to ink it, if you use photoshop you can record a set of actions you do, and you can run that action again on any following scanned image to post process it consistently.
like this

in my post processing action set,
-"desaturate" to get rid of any color from your scanner paper tint etc.
-copy the base layer then set the layer mode to "multiply"
-"unsharp" filter
-"water color" filter the set "layer opacity" to around 30%
-layer FX "curve" play around with the curve in RGB and each color channel (if you want to give it a tint for web comic for example)
-layer FX "level"

good luck
Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 05:55:18 am by kakkoii superhero
#5  October 11, 2021, 06:10:18 pm
Thanks for the tips and sorry about that I'm still beginner and this is my first comic .. I will dispose of that and start all over again ..

Once again thank you .. 
#6  October 12, 2021, 09:29:22 am
Thanks for the tips and sorry about that I'm still beginner and this is my first comic .. I will dispose of that and start all over again ..

Once again thank you .. 

don't dispose of that, can use as draft for your final comic. but drawing on lined paper really limits your option, as you HAVE to ink on different paper. I'm a 43 yrs old guy, I have many years behind me so what I posted is not meant to discourage you, just showing there is option to edit a pencil drawing to look inked.

something like this tutorial,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HR3IgftbDw
you just need to tweak it to the kind of pencil drawing you do, some people use harder / lighter lead other use softer/ blacker lead, also the kind of pressure you do when drawing. got to find setting suitable to your drawing.
Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 09:32:45 am by kakkoii superhero
#7  October 12, 2021, 06:02:38 pm
Yeah of course you right .. but your post didn't discourage me at all on the contrary, I felt encouraged, the only case in which I would feel frustrated was if others ignored me or no one cared to help me, but your response was useful so thank you very much. I have no idea photoshop can do that this will save a lot of time since I'm bad at inking I guess I really have a lot to learn .. I have a question what about shadows and dark areas is this also done by the same software or there's another program for that? .. 
#8  October 12, 2021, 06:32:28 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Your project look interesting! It gives a story board feeling.
I would say the same suggestions about white paper etc.

At least now, some inkers can check your work before to contact you.
Good luck!
#9  October 13, 2021, 06:43:55 am
Yeah of course you right .. but your post didn't discourage me at all on the contrary, I felt encouraged, the only case in which I would feel frustrated was if others ignored me or no one cared to help me, but your response was useful so thank you very much. I have no idea photoshop can do that this will save a lot of time since I'm bad at inking I guess I really have a lot to learn .. I have a question what about shadows and dark areas is this also done by the same software or there's another program for that? ..

when you shade with pencil 4B and up and rub it smooth with smudging tool it will be smooth and black enough that it will be able to be tweaked into black without inking
if you need mechanical pencil that is really black but erasable Pilot eno G 3B lead is very black, if you apply steady pressure you can render totally black, even when it is only 3B

make your own smudging tool if you don't find one. get a scrapbook paper that is white but a bit hairy in texture, cut diagonally. and roll it tightly into a point, glue the end so it won't unravel
you can make several, blunt the tip more with sandpaper or finger nail buffer, then clean it with eraser to make sure no sandpaper residue left on the tip it can ruin your paper otherwise.  Make several tip sizes of smudging tool its very useful.

When the tip has collected too much charcoal, you can use it straight up to give effect like making cloud , water texture etc. so have several ready, you can clean the tip with eraser or fine grit sandpaper.

I use photoshop, there are other image editor krita, etc, that probably can do the same, but what I need the most is the option to record action in photoshop to save and play the same action on another drawing so I have consistency of post processing effect on multiple pages.

action is a feature to save process you do to one image, and do exactly the same to another image. just by pressing play button.
let say you have a pencil drawing, you go to action press record, then do edit on the darkness, contrast, to the point it looks like it's been inked, then stop the recording. now you have a set of action you can play on the next image like Page 2 and so on. you can even batch process the entire folder of scanned image. to do that in the action you need to record save and close file, so it will nicely safe and close the processed file once done to not stack up memory  usage.

this is another example how pencil drawing can look inky, just by post processing it

Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 07:11:52 am by kakkoii superhero
#10  October 13, 2021, 08:10:22 pm
Thank you I really appreciate it