YesNoOk

The thread, the myth, the LEGEND: the shit thread (Read 1009213 times)

Started by gfw spacezilla, August 30, 2007, 01:40:47 pm
Re: WARNING: You Are Now in Deep Shit
#19841  February 27, 2013, 03:40:14 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

Ax

#19842  February 27, 2013, 03:40:29 am
    • USA
Seek Truth
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#19843  February 27, 2013, 03:41:15 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I think he thought he was an admin because of his founder star?

GLB

#19844  February 27, 2013, 03:41:36 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
I wasn't forbidden to continue my thread, I was just forbidden to start my own thread for some reason? I checked with an admin to see if it was against the rules and it wasn't but whatever, I'll post where the mods want me to post.

I would have continued my thread though but I was banned for 3 days and 3 nights :P It's not easy answering someone where my abilities are disabled.

I'm not judging anyone, it is what it is. I won't talk about it anymore than if it is offensive. I won't answer anymore about it either than. okay?

If you're referring to Nunor he's not staff, that's the point i was trying to make. Also, I don't see anyone taking interest, care to elaborate on how you're helping anyone?

Truthfully I don't give a shit what you post about. I just think it's attention whoring and wrong.

Ax

#19845  February 27, 2013, 03:45:09 am
    • USA
I wasn't forbidden to continue my thread, I was just forbidden to start my own thread for some reason? I checked with an admin to see if it was against the rules and it wasn't but whatever, I'll post where the mods want me to post.

I would have continued my thread though but I was banned for 3 days and 3 nights :P It's not easy answering someone where my abilities are disabled.

I'm not judging anyone, it is what it is. I won't talk about it anymore than if it is offensive. I won't answer anymore about it either than. okay?

If you're referring to Nunor he's not staff, that's the point i was trying to make. Also, I don't see anyone taking interest, care to elaborate on how you're helping anyone?

Truthfully I don't give a shit what you post about. I just think it's attention whoring and wrong.

Well the bible is for non believers mostly, it is to help them, the ones that resist and hate it, so logically I came here. If I posted this subject anywhere else no one would care.

A lot of the hate that comes from it is a lack of understanding or misinterpretation, so it may help someone to see it for what it actually is as opposed to what someone thinks it is.

I even refer back to the book so you can look it up yourself! ANd even confirm that it's for good reason and maybe someone should probably give it another try.
Seek Truth
#19846  February 27, 2013, 03:45:39 am
You are free to do as you please, it won't force you to change anything but there are natural consequences for the lives we choose to live! The bible merely tells you what's wrong and what's right.

Personally I was all for homosexuals and I accepted their live style but once I read why it wasn't acceptable I have to at least revoke my support for something that is wrong.

I tell me what's wrong and what's right. I'm a far better judge of it than some book written by stone age tribesmen. The only thing that is wrong is harming people unnecessarily. Two people doing something consensual in the privacy of their own does not harm anyone. Please show me where this mechanism is that 'naturally' punishes people for doing things in ways other than you want them to.

Now you've read why it's acceptable. Will you reinstate your support? Of course you won't, you're just using ancient superstition as an excuse to fuel your bigotry.

I'm not out here to do myself any favors, I'm just here be a part of the community.

You don't have to read my posts, I did have a thread of my own but it was merged into this one, so I have no choice since the mod wants me to post here.

Also I am not forcing you to do anything. Do whatever you want to do.

I don't want to be part of a community with people like you in it.
#19847  February 27, 2013, 03:46:28 am
  • tired
-A lot of the hate that comes from it is a lack of understanding or misinterpretation, so it may help someone to see it for what it actually is as opposed to what someone thinks it is.
-I even refer back to the book so you can look it up yourself!
-Or maybe the fact that its stories and teachings are completely effed up at times.
-Assuming we want to.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

GLB

#19848  February 27, 2013, 03:48:09 am
Well the bible is for non believers mostly, it is to help them, the ones that resist and hate it, so logically I came here.

So, logically you came to a Mugen forum. Because you just assume we're all some kind of bible bashing non-believers? I don't see that logic.

If I posted this subject anywhere else no one would care.

We still don't.

A lot of the hate that comes from it is a lack of understanding or misinterpretation, so it may help someone to see it for what it actually is as opposed to what someone thinks it is.

But you're telling us how you interpret it and what you think it is. So that's a bit contradicting.

#19849  February 27, 2013, 03:49:08 am
Well the bible is for non believers mostly, it is to help them, the ones that resist and hate it
this is your problem: you speak of the bible and christianity as if they were absolute forces that some people (people that need help, apparently) are actually resisting. you're not going to convert many people this way /b/ro
#19850  February 27, 2013, 03:50:50 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Goddammit AxKing, you're worse than those goddamn random religious people who will randomly knock on your door and go by the phrase "Have you got a minute to talk about our Lord and Christ?"

Just stop forcing the Bible onto MFG! guuuagh!

Ax

#19851  February 27, 2013, 03:52:04 am
    • USA
You are free to do as you please, it won't force you to change anything but there are natural consequences for the lives we choose to live! The bible merely tells you what's wrong and what's right.

Personally I was all for homosexuals and I accepted their live style but once I read why it wasn't acceptable I have to at least revoke my support for something that is wrong.

I tell me what's wrong and what's right. I'm a far better judge of it than some book written by stone age tribesmen. The only thing that is wrong is harming people unnecessarily. Two people doing something consensual in the privacy of their own does not harm anyone. Please show me where this mechanism is that 'naturally' punishes people for doing things in ways other than you want them to.

Now you've read why it's acceptable. Will you reinstate your support? Of course you won't, you're just using ancient superstition as an excuse to fuel your bigotry.

I'm not out here to do myself any favors, I'm just here be a part of the community.

You don't have to read my posts, I did have a thread of my own but it was merged into this one, so I have no choice since the mod wants me to post here.

Also I am not forcing you to do anything. Do whatever you want to do.

I don't want to be part of a community with people like you in it.

Are you really a better judge? Would you know that doing heroine is right or wrong for you if no one told you that?

We like to think we are self righteous but we are just ignorant until we learn.

The harm is done to yourself, which is a very good reason to step in. An alcoholic who views himself powerless often needs serious help just to quit.

SOrry to hear that, I am sure the community will miss you.
Seek Truth
#19852  February 27, 2013, 03:52:38 am
Yup.

GLB

#19853  February 27, 2013, 03:54:08 am
It's a bit childish you're 'leaving' because of it. He's just in the shit thread. You can exit the thread and forget his existence pretty easily, bud.
#19854  February 27, 2013, 03:54:58 am
Huh?

Oh. He edited his post.

I was responding to this:

Are you really a better judge? Would you know that doing heroine is right or wrong for you if no one told you that?

'Cause, yup.

Ax

#19855  February 27, 2013, 03:55:39 am
    • USA
Well the bible is for non believers mostly, it is to help them, the ones that resist and hate it, so logically I came here.

So, logically you came to a Mugen forum. Because you just assume we're all some kind of bible bashing non-believers? I don't see that logic.

If I posted this subject anywhere else no one would care.

We still don't.

But you're telling us how you interpret it and what you think it is. So that's a bit contradicting.

Not all, but a lot. Again I'm not forcing you to do anything, just sharing some info. Again there was a thread at one time but now it's this thread.

What can I do. You may not want it and I can understand that, but someone else might need to know this to.
Seek Truth
#19856  February 27, 2013, 03:57:26 am
What you're doing is proselytizing. No one 'needs' to know any of the harmful bigoted falsehoods you're selling.

Ax

#19857  February 27, 2013, 03:59:27 am
    • USA
What you're doing is proselytizing. No one 'needs' to know any of the harmful bigoted falsehoods you're selling.

what's false about it? And it's not bigotry, nothing hateful was said, in fact I wrote Love the sinner, not the sin.
Seek Truth
#19858  February 27, 2013, 04:01:53 am
What isn't false about it?

You've repeatedly said homosexuality is wrong, and lied about how STDs are transmitted to further your point of view. That's hateful and false.

Ax

#19859  February 27, 2013, 04:05:01 am
    • USA
What isn't false about it?

You've repeatedly said homosexuality is wrong, and lied about how STDs are transmitted to further your point of view. That's hateful and false.

STDs stand for "sexually transmitted diseases", which is what I was talking about! The bible says it's incorrect and gave plain reasons why it's technically wrong and why. Nowhere did I say anything to hurt anyone. I merely stated that there would be consequences, commonly known consequences to like contracting a sexually transmitted disease.
Seek Truth
#19860  February 27, 2013, 04:06:47 am
  • tired