YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.3 (UPDATED June, 16) (Read 954143 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, April 04, 2018, 02:43:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.1 (UPDATED April, 07)
#81  April 08, 2018, 12:56:20 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Can confirm the sound player is better at least on Linux! There's still the odd DPI issue, though. Syntax highlighter no longer picks up "Heavy" as an issue for AnimType, however it still shows in the error list.

BindToTarget says it expects 3 parameters, but got 2; however it does have a default for the 3rd parameter which is Foot IIRC.

For SuperPause, it says it expects 2 parameters for sound, however this is completely valid:
Code:
sound = -1

For a StateDef, it says this is invalid:
Code:
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; DEAD SAND
[Statedef 1106]
type = ScreenBound
movetype = AssertSpecial
physics = Null
ctrl = 0
anim = 1

[State 1106, DestroySelf]
type = DestroySelf
trigger1 = !Time

Yet once again, thanks to MUGEN's busted parser, it is valid (I do this just to mess with people lol).

It also says "Unknown parameter potarget" when I do this:
Code:
[State 147, BindToTarget]
type = BindToTarget
triggerall = NumTarget
triggerall = Time <= 1
trigger1 = Target, StateNo = 148
pos = 0,(target, Const(Size.head.pos.y)-7)
OK, I will check these errors.
About the State inside StateDef, you're hacking the buggy Mugen parser. As I said before, Elecbyte will not fix their mess, but people can, still, write code that is guaranteed to work in any situation following the docs.
EDIT: On Studio is a matter of standard, right code, not valid code exploiting bugs.
If we want to mimic Mugen bugs, I'll disable all syntax checks :D

I might know what that is, and it's not a pretty solution for VirtuallTek: you need to sign your code.

I say it's not pretty because the only way to do that is to buy what's called a code-signing certificate. The cheapest I know of is from DigiCert. The reason I know this is because we had to get around that Smartscreen crap for Windows 8 at work and that was how we managed to solve that for our customer, because Smartscreen and Norton go apeshit if your code isn't signed.

If you want, I can donate the cost to you because it's important to have as a Windows dev these days. Yes, it's total bullshit, I agree, but... we have to do it.

EDIT: Could try this, too https://www.globalsign.com/en/code-signing-certificate/code-signing-tool/
But, this happened because he downloaded using Internet Explorer or Edge right? The easiest fix is to download using another browser to bypass SmartScreen filter, no?

Thanks!
Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 01:02:32 am by VirtuallTek
#82  April 08, 2018, 01:16:35 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
I downloaded FF with Chrome. Anyway I disabled SmartScreen, but am now getting this error instead:

And it still crashes when trying to load the Open window.
#83  April 08, 2018, 01:26:43 am
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
Nice release, VT!
Navigating through sounds is much better now.
Also, the guy with the SmartScreen problem... That is weird, I'm on Windows 10 and I have no problem with the SmartScreen or any security problem...
#84  April 08, 2018, 01:28:51 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I downloaded FF with Chrome. Anyway I disabled SmartScreen, but am now getting this error instead:

And it still crashes when trying to load the Open window.
Right-click the executable and uncked the "block:" checkbox (or something similar).  Try running on another folder, drive.
If the crash window points to some crash dump file, send it to me.

I will see the code signing options for next releases.

Thanks!
#85  April 08, 2018, 02:03:36 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Sound editor is much better, thank you.

Wouldn't be me if I wasn't posting about bugs I just found, so...
-Studio crashes if you attempt to close a project when nothing's open; the button is usually greyed out, but becomes available if you open the options menu and hit apply.
-M.U.G.E.N setups defined in the options menu don't appear to get written to a saved config file.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#86  April 08, 2018, 02:09:22 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
-Studio crashes if you attempt to close a project when nothing's open;
Strange, this was already fixed while in the beta testing phase...
#87  April 08, 2018, 04:07:28 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Monokai color set isn't in the Mac release. Also, on the subject of Mac, is it possible to store the settings in ~/Library/Preferences/ like other apps? It's kind of annoying how settings get overwritten with each update.

EDIT: One of the sprites in KFM's stage doesn't display correctly:
Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 06:23:42 pm by Jesuszilla
#88  April 09, 2018, 01:30:20 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
thanks for the update but i have a another feedback when i click new on the sprites tab and add 6 sprites on my new character it crashed can you fix it plz.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 01:38:28 am by SlanDome
#89  April 09, 2018, 02:00:51 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
hi SlanDome here again this is definitely not a feedback,
when i clicked save it shows this.

can someone please help me.
#90  April 09, 2018, 03:50:50 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Hey, VirtualTek, thanks a lot for the new FF. I really like it so far. But something that would be very useful is to be able to open a sff, or snd, air, etc without creating a new project. I do Color separations and work with just the sff, so it's really annoying to be forced to open a new project just to open the sff, and then being forced to save every file every time I save the sff.
Thanks

#91  April 09, 2018, 04:31:53 am
    • Brazil
I'm glad the bugs were fixed! Good job!

I'm having one more problem here that it's about saving the SFF file.
I think it's something related to PNG file .... after I add them and try to save, it gives this error message:

Am I doing something wrong? This happens after the sprites are converted in Image Resizer. This only happens in this new Fighter Factory

-

Estou feliz que os erros foram corrigidos! Bom trabalho!

Estou tendo mais um problema aqui que é salvar o arquivo SFF.
Eu acho que é algo relacionado ao arquivo PNG.... depois que eu adiciono e tento salvar, ele dá essa mensagem de erro acima.

Estou fazendo algo errado? Isso acontece depois que os sprites são convertidos no Image Resizer. Isso só acontece nesse novo Fighter Factory.
Art by Ilya Kuvshinov - Illustrator and Story Artist http://kuvshinov-ilya.deviantart.com/ - http://kuvshinov-ilya.tumblr.com/
Re: Fighter Factory Studio + BIG FIX 2
#92  April 09, 2018, 08:08:20 am

thanks for the new release!!

i've a question. if i add/modify a sprite and then save SFF, it says it find 50 errors and i've to fix them before save.

in the old FF3 this message's never appeared (in fact i'm still using ff3 right now).

since i have more than 2700 sprites to check, is there a way to know at least which sprites has "errors", so i can try to fix them?

thanks in advance. ;) ;)

This was made to avoid user mistakes, as two sprites with same group/index are useless as they can't be referenced, and corrupted ones can crash Mugen. To see the error click at the red icon on status bar. In the window that opens, double click the error/warning, FF will go to the affected sprite and you can fix the problem.

ok, i saw the red icon, here you are the message appeared:

what kind of error are these? how can i solve them?

thanks! ;) ;)
#93  April 09, 2018, 04:42:58 pm
  • Why,
hi SlanDome here again this is definitely not a feedback,
when i clicked save it shows this.

can someone please help me.

Just read around... there just answered this...(?)
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#94  April 09, 2018, 05:10:29 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
5 Pages of replies.

Im sure this was probably asked but I'll ask it anyways. (Hopefully someone can maybe send me to the answer)

The LEFT PANEL, is there a way to scale it down? Its to wide.
I know you can disable it so it doesnt show, but I like it and I just wanna scale the width down.

Also the error-fest is crazy, I've never seen alot of these errors.

OH! 1 OTHER THING!

animtype = heavy
I thought this was a real thing, so its not heavy its HARD?

EDIT:
I see 1 of my questions were already asked. I can't wait for updates. This is gonna be SO GOOD!  :nicepost:
#95  April 09, 2018, 09:28:56 pm
    • Argentina
well thanks virtualtek for the new update of fighter factory but i have a problem,the problem is the next,when i save the sprites when i end to cs, fighter factory say me this: You Can't save it whitout fixing all issues,i try all and i can't fix it
#96  April 10, 2018, 01:04:11 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
animtype = heavy
I thought this was a real thing, so its not heavy its HARD?

for the last time, Garlic Jr.

Anything that starts with an H is valid. Hard, heavy, helicopter, hamburger, hodgepodge, hell, you name it, it's valid because all MUGEN looks for is the H.

I personally called it Heavy so [E] couldn't make any lewd jokes about my hitdefs. That was literally my thought process, and no, I am not making this up.

As for so many people having problems with your SFF's: Use the organizer, check for any duplicate indices. I can almost guarantee there was an oversight and you accidentally have a few duplicate indices somewhere (e.g. one sprite is 3000,0 and another sprite is also 3000,0).
Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:10:21 am by Jesuszilla
#97  April 10, 2018, 06:58:31 am
    • China
Great job! Thanks for your hard work!

Just want to ask would you pls give us sample multi-language files? For example, Português language files. I want to translate it into my mother language.
I tried to copy the FF3 Português language files to FFS. Unfortunately they just changes few popup pages.

#98  April 10, 2018, 03:04:35 pm
  • X u X
  • A virus?
    • Kenya
I have a few problems with the SFF editor in particular at the moment

1: I don't like not being able to save due to not having my sprite standard placed out entirely. Could you make this an option so that it'll warn you about it instead of forcing you to do everything in one go? My computer has a real problem with crashing and I like to save often but now it's literally not possible to save before finishing the sprite standards.

2: At some point in my character, all the sprites just turn invisible. I can't do sprite standards like this, so I've been just trying to finish those in ff3. It seems more like it's happening closer to the end of my sprites and I have like 700-1000 sprites at the moment.

3: Any way to change the color selections for the sff back to the version for ff3 as an option? The current one keeps selecting my ground color and assigns it to another color while this doesn't have this effect in ff3.

Otherwise, God i love this new editor. The Cns things with state bases and command lines built in is something I've wanted in the Factory for a long time. The new animation editor looks great too. I love the new scrubber and new hit/hurtboxes. This is amazing so far! Good job!
#99  April 11, 2018, 02:11:18 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
So many bug reports. But it is expected with any new release of any software.

Anyway, thanks for the release of the program! I'll be using this a lot.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#100  April 11, 2018, 03:07:21 pm
    • Brazil
    • iaramongtg@gmail.com
    • www.facebook.com/groups/MugenDownloadLinksAndShareRamonGarcia
EDIT:
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELP AlesRos and Jesuszilla i found the solution see :)

FIGHTER FACTORY STUDIO HOW TO FIX THE ERROR: "Found 1 error(s). You can't save it without fixing all issues." or "Found 65 error(s). You can't save it without fixing all issues." etc.

1- You have to change the version of sff by clicking on the bottom of the program and changing to ''M.U.G.E.N 1.1'' where it is written this: ''Version: 1.0 1.0'' and in the final try ''save file (current editor)'' or ''save as a new file (current editor).

2- Even though converting char to 1.1 as shown in the image, the error continues and the program continues to show the message: "Found 1 error(s). You can't save it without fixing all issues.", then you have to do the following:
Go to the upper left of the program and click on " Project "and then" Save as ... "and save it over the .def of your char.
then whenever they have this error: "Found 1 error(s). You can't save it without fixing all issues.", go to "Project" and then "Save as ..." and save over the .def of your char.
I will leave the char link http://www.mediafire.com/file/q43b7wujxg6xbeb/ for anyone who wants to test and see how to solve this famous problem of the new version of Fighter Factory Studio, which in my opinion had only to show that it has a error in the char but ask if you will want to save anyway.

3- AND TO LEAVE THE WAY TO SAVE THE PROJECT FASTER AND EASY. Go to 'Options' and '' Interface '' AND CHANGE THE COMMAND '' ctrl + s '' to the '' Save all files of the project as a new ... '' and then click '' Apply '' and save the settings with whatever name you want.

NOW ALWAYS THAT YOU WANT TO SAVE HOWEVER Ctrl + s and save over the .def file of your char.

NOW LETS CONVERT MANY CHARS IN HI-RES WITH THE TUTORIAL OF FRIEND AlesRos :8):

Edit: Thank you for answer VirtuallTek your new program is awesome and about pink pixels around the head and body i found the solution for this, you just have to do a test with one group of images and select the correct group number before add many images, here in this tutorial in the part of text and images you will see the solution http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mugen-char-hires-tutorial-using-ffs-alesrosramon-garcia-183533.0.html
:bison: IF YOU WANT SOME SPECIFIC CHAR IN HI-RES=FILTERED SPRITES SEND ME A MESSAGE IN MY E-MAIL WITH THE LINK OF CHAR THAT I CONVERT TO HI-RES (Observation is a very cheap price :yes: and the result is very good]. Here is my e-mail: iaramongtg@gmail.com :bison:

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ramongtg
And If you want Suport me / Encourage me, donate here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=89HXL726XVEFG&source=url :bison:
Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 04:03:17 am by Ramon Garcia