YesNoOk

Muslim ban from the US (Read 42784 times)

Started by GTOAkira, January 28, 2017, 08:30:07 pm
Share this topic:
Muslim ban from the US
#1  January 28, 2017, 08:30:07 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Re: Muslim ban from the US
#2  January 28, 2017, 08:50:03 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
well fuck... does this mean I cant fly over for Wrestlemania now?
#3  January 28, 2017, 08:54:38 pm
i dont know
The countries impacted are Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Yemen and Somalia, according to a White House official.
#4  January 28, 2017, 08:55:39 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Only if you're trying to come from: Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan or Yemen. In which case the trebuchet will fling you back over the Big Beautiful Wall.
#5  January 28, 2017, 08:57:22 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Ah... so what stops those people from going via another country. oh boy... this is gonna end well
#6  January 28, 2017, 09:03:36 pm
fuck i got ninja'ed but here is my comment anyways.
well fuck... does this mean I cant fly over for Wrestlemania now?
nice priorities? and if you had bothered to read the article, the ban only applies to these countries
Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen.

in all honesty tho, it's kinda understandable why it's those countries in particular. all of them are in a state of a civil war and isis are active in them. not sure if people with those nationalities living elsewhere are also banned but i'd say it's very likely. hopefully it won't extend to other countries.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#7  January 28, 2017, 09:04:36 pm
#8  January 28, 2017, 09:05:29 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Ah... so what stops those people from going via another country. oh boy... this is gonna end well
...Your passport. The road you take to America is meaningless, the only thing that matters is the country you hail from.

Edit: well no, it isn't entirely meaningless. If you stop by in any of those countries it's going to raise a big red flag at customs.
Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 09:11:17 pm by Foobs
#9  January 28, 2017, 09:08:49 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
fuck i got ninja'ed but here is my comment anyways.
nice priorities? and if you had bothered to read the article, the ban only applies to these countries

Lol, thats rich... you of all people telling me to read...
And yes, thats my priority... I paid hard working money for a mania ticket... what's your beef?

...Your passport. The road you take to America is meaningless, the only thing that matters is the country you hail from.
Right yes, that makes sense. Dunno why that slipped my mind

#10  January 28, 2017, 09:15:14 pm
And yes, thats my priority... I paid hard working money for a mania ticket... what's your beef?
certainly not the fact that you're only worried about a wrestlmania event, while your people are being prosecuted for choosing to believe in a certain religion and are assumed dangerous because less than 1 percent of them might be.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#11  January 28, 2017, 09:22:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Why would they announce something like this on holocaust remembrance day? Banning people by country of birth also seems kindof weird considering that the actual terrorist groups are well known for conversions.
#12  January 28, 2017, 09:24:04 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
oh. you're a humanitarian now? also, those arent necessarily my people, as with christianity having different branches, so does islam... and unfortunately those guys have a more radical approach to doing things.. which goes against the whole principle of the religion. so forgive me if I'm not at all ready to jump up and defend that 1% that are dangerous.

I've lived through apartheid so I know how shit things can get based on race and religion... so please dont be preaching to me.

I'm ending this here, coz 1. I dont feel like being dragged into one of your arguments 2. I dont feel like being dragged into yet another philosophical debate about religion and 3. its derailing the issue here,
#13  January 28, 2017, 09:26:41 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#14  January 28, 2017, 09:30:55 pm
  • professional white boy
  • god, I wish that were me
    • USA
    • reddit.com/user/Bob8644
breath in

I don't care if illegals are banned. It's racist and unfair, sure, but at least they have a legit reason as to why. No green card = no go.

But to outright ban citizens WHETHER OR NOT THEY HAVE A FUCKING GREEN CARD, is where I draw the line.

It's standard American rights. You cannot shit over it. It's against THE FUCKING CONSTITUTION.

I remember seeing Mike Pence being chosen for Vice and thinking: " Man, this guy would be a MUCH better choice for president than Trump. "

Guess I'm somewhat right.
#15  January 28, 2017, 09:36:56 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
As cool as this sounds that just means that terrorist groups will just focus onto something else that isnt USA
Like Europe
Avoid all trucks
#16  January 28, 2017, 09:38:28 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
breath in
I don't care if illegals are banned. It's racist and unfair, sure..
How banning somebody who is in your country illegally is "Racist and unfair"? i'm quite curious about this statement.
Lasagna
#17  January 28, 2017, 09:42:25 pm
  • professional white boy
  • god, I wish that were me
    • USA
    • reddit.com/user/Bob8644
.......because they've arrived from the worst god damn living conditions and are barely given citizenship?
#18  January 28, 2017, 09:43:54 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Illegal immigration isn't particularly relevant here.

not sure if people with those nationalities living elsewhere are also banned but i'd say it's very likely. hopefully it won't extend to other countries.
It bans a lot more than just people coming directly from those countries:
Trump’s Friday order, which he did not explain out loud, has created mass confusion around the world. A spokeswoman for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security said Saturday that it bans, for 90 days, entry not by only visa-holders from those countries but people with green cards.

That means that a longtime U.S. resident who had left the country to go on vacation or visit family would not be able to get back to their home. It also means that hundreds of thousands of residents are effectively trapped in the U.S. for at least three months.
People with green cards can still try and return, they're being let in on a case-by-case basis. But that's obviously going to be a crapshoot.

It also bans all refugee admissions for 120 days, regardless of country of origin (Syrian refugees specifically are banned indefinitely), even if they're already approved and are going to leave today.

This is absolutely barbaric, and a horrific shame to the entire world.
#19  January 28, 2017, 09:44:08 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
.......because they've arrived from the worst god damn living conditions and are barely given citizenship?

Are you implying that its racist that 1st world countries dont just throw citizenships at people from 3rd world ones?
Cause thats pretty ridiciolous my dude
#20  January 28, 2017, 09:46:48 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Lasagna