YesNoOk

Injustice - Gods Among Us (Read 701542 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, May 31, 2012, 04:34:08 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Injustice - Gods Among Us Updated on 1st June 2012
#761  October 12, 2012, 01:14:28 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
But it gives him some close range attacks...will somebody PLEASE think of the gameplay!

That's a fair enough point.  Then again, if you look at this:

I don't know about you, but that looks to me like he is taking the knife off of the bow, and then just using the bow as a melee weapon.  Which somehow makes even LESS sense than having a knife with the blade facing towards yourself strapped directly onto the part where you grasp the bow.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if the knife was purely ornamental because Netherrealms thought it would make him look cooler.
#762  October 12, 2012, 01:16:37 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I think Ive seen that pose before.. isnt that one of kano animations? two knife stabs repeating?
#763  October 12, 2012, 01:17:42 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I don't know but let's spend 3 pages mimicking each other over how dumb we think a design choice is from the makers of Mortal Kombat. Geeeeeesh.
#764  October 12, 2012, 01:17:57 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
What I wanna know is how being hit with a bow produces blood.  :S
#765  October 12, 2012, 01:20:02 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
But it gives him some close range attacks...will somebody PLEASE think of the gameplay!
Why can't he just use his fists like a normal person dressed as Robin Hood?

So he took a different route for it his close range attacks than others. Tck! What a bunch of whiners, look at this.
A different route? He has a knife right above the place where he holds the bow, that's not another route that's a recipe for his fingers being sliced off!

I don't know about you, but that looks to me like he is taking the knife off of the bow, and then just using the bow as a melee weapon.
It looks like it's still attached (somehow, every picture I've seen looks like it's just floating next to the bow). I think it's supposed to be on some kind of joint that let's it flip out so he can slash with it?

it's still really dumb and seems like it's only there so that GA can make people bleed :S

I don't know but let's spend 3 pages mimicking each other over how dumb we think a design choice is from the makers of Mortal Kombat. Geeeeeesh.
Yeah, we're just mimicking each other, it is literally impossible for more than one person to find KNIFE-BOW dumb!
#766  October 12, 2012, 01:20:37 am
The blade of the knife is not facing the inside and the hand when attached to the bow, it faces outward. Well, the tip is pointing down from above the grip area, though, that it is.

I also wanted to say that again, the GA trailer made a powerful display of NRS's horrible floating physics / animations habits when GA jumps back and his legs don't move at all while he's doing stuff with his bow, in typical MK fashion.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#767  October 12, 2012, 01:23:50 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
#768  October 15, 2012, 06:57:22 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Injustice: Gods Among Us will have true hit trades, cross ups and frame data, story mode revolves around the Joker
John Golba over at Deadlybison conducted an interview with Hector Sanchez, producer of Injustice: Gods Among Us, in which they discuss various topics pertaining to the upcoming DC fighter. Sanchez mentions some interesting bits of information such as true hit trades and cross ups will be features in this game and frame data for special moves will be available in the pause menu.

Didn't get to play the game at NYCC unfortunately, was waiting till yesterday to play since the lines would be shorter but ended up getting a migraine so playing any games was out of the question but here's some Cat Woman and Green Arrow gameplay.

Injustice: Gods Among Us off-screen footage from New York Comic-Con featuring Green Arrow, Nightwing, Harley Quinn and more
#769  October 15, 2012, 07:30:13 pm
"... that guy that said 'Flash would never do that in real life' it blew my mind that the guy would want to argue about that"
... What ? Fuck you, dude. You're making a game based on a comic book, you make damn sure the characters are as they are supposed to be. Is this guy stupid ? So that's how bad games are made ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#770  October 15, 2012, 07:52:16 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
frame data for special moves will be available in the pause menu.
Ooh that's cool.

So Joker is majorly involved in the plot? Hmm, what, does he kill Lois Lane like in Kingdom Come or something?
Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 07:55:19 pm by Jmorphman

SNT

#771  October 15, 2012, 07:57:48 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
"... that guy that said 'Flash would never do that in real life' it blew my mind that the guy would want to argue about that"
... What ? Fuck you, dude. You're making a game based on a comic book, you make damn sure the characters are as they are supposed to be. Is this guy stupid ? So that's how bad games are made ?
By that premise, Marvel 3 play would consist of one, maybe two characters?  If you want a game to be fun you have to be able to take SOME liberties with the license.  That said, if that's a direct quote there are definitely better ways he could've said it.
#772  October 15, 2012, 08:10:22 pm
Marvel vs expands on what characters actually do, the way they fight, even if the actual moves aren't real. I don't know what move of Flash the original guy was talking about, but if it's something he really wouldn't do, like Superman picking up a gun or Flash playing tough guy with physical resistance, then you have a problem. I'm not saying anything about taking some liberty, obviously, and I don't know what it's about, but the very concept of this reply was just so bad (and yes, actual quote, very early in Hikari's first video).
#773  October 16, 2012, 03:17:49 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
NRS has been in dire need of a non-awful character designer since well before they were known as NRS. The game mechanics have been gradually improving over time (for the most part), but the designs are still just... awful. That being said, I still want to play this. Just, you know, with entirely different character designs.

They should have just stolen the redesigns for the gritty future war section of DCUO's intro. Those were pretty decent. Between DCUO, the Arkham-verse, the Nolan-verse, the new 52, and even the rival Marvel's cinematic universe, inspiration is pretty much everywhere. Even god-awful Green Lantern movie was passable from a purely aesthetic standpoint.

But yeah... definitely needs The Main Man. Killer Croc or Bane would be nice brute characters, too.

Bea

#774  October 16, 2012, 03:22:18 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
They should have just stolen the redesigns for the gritty future war section of DCUO's intro. Those were pretty decent. Between DCUO, the Arkham-verse, the Nolan-verse, the new 52, and even the rival Marvel's cinematic universe, inspiration is pretty much everywhere. Even god-awful Green Lantern movie was passable from a purely aesthetic standpoint.

I agree with this. Those DCUO's intro designs were amazing and would fit this game so much better.
I am not a fan of the new 52 designs, but even those are better than what NRS brought to the table... :x
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#775  October 16, 2012, 06:25:14 pm
  • Cause Rick Loves M.U.G.E.N

Rick-Kun: Pilot of Hamosu
#776  October 26, 2012, 06:46:59 pm
    • USA
#777  October 26, 2012, 08:40:47 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
It doesn't matter because none of them will look like girls by the time NRS gets done with em am I rite?
#778  October 26, 2012, 08:58:23 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Based on how they've handled the game so far, I can only assume that it'll be Power Girl, and they're going to 'update' her design with a reverse boob-window so that the very front of her chest is the only thing that is covered.
#779  October 26, 2012, 09:37:42 pm
Didn't they do the same thing earlier with Nightwing and I don't remember who else, maybe Cyborg ? I guess all 3 will be in there.
#780  October 26, 2012, 09:42:36 pm
    • USA
It was Nightwing, Aquaman, Deathstroke and Green Arrow.