YesNoOk

Majin Vegeta Z2 [Project] (Read 547284 times)

Started by Balthazar, October 29, 2012, 02:20:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Majin Vegeta Z2
#1301  November 19, 2014, 07:32:07 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
The last one is just such a huge improvement over the previous one, oh my god.

Shit
#1302  November 19, 2014, 08:57:48 pm
I had never seen the new stance side by side with the old one, his new head looks like he got hit on the head and his skull got enlogated.  Maybe its just the hair shape that is giving that illusion due to being longer.

His face takes up more of his head in the fifth sprite. The smaller forehead makes it seem like his head shrunk vertically and his neck grew longer. Should be fine if all of the sprites are consistent about it.

Maybe it's just me, but the shading is making Vegeta's lower torso look awfully plain. From his abdomen down it's just one solid colour. It makes sense, he's leaning forward and shading that area. But since that's the only area where he doesn't have bulging muscles or other details, it looks kind of like he's wearing a diaper.

Of course, if I'm the only one who sees it this way, it's not a problem. If not, maybe adding the upper and lower frames of his abs would help, or pushing his right (further from the opponent) leg in two pixels to make his hips look smaller.

#1303  November 19, 2014, 09:31:20 pm
#1304  November 19, 2014, 09:48:40 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
this isn't the place to be doing that
#1305  November 20, 2014, 12:29:52 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1306  November 20, 2014, 12:14:00 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Walkcycle slightly updated thanks to some fixes pointed out by@HQ:
> >
     original       >   HQ tweaks    >   edit finalized.
#1307  November 20, 2014, 01:18:28 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#1308  November 20, 2014, 06:31:20 pm
    • Netherlands
Alright here is a revamp of his newest stance (though with no changes/evolutions to the actual spritestyle, just refinements), does anybody have suggestions or feedback on this sprite, like the face (which was yeah pretty bad on the latest one? I'm asking for feedback now before I start animating the thing.

I'll try to match the animation of the previous version as some people seem to prefer it.
This animation will be shared between base Vegeta (RAGE stance) and Majin Vegeta (regular stance) but I'll differenciate them in the facial expression (base can have the face building up to start calm and grow more angrily as the animation progresses, while Majin will have a more angry face throughout the whole thing).
I'll animate this one more with copy+editing, not as much redrawing each frame, so the shading doesn't jump the f*ck around like it does now.
#1309  November 20, 2014, 06:34:28 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
i kinda love the extreme angry face in the second to last one.....and is that a vain on the side of his head on the very last one? if so...then yay. and maybe the hair can match the one b4 it.
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#1310  November 20, 2014, 06:37:03 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I know he doesn't have much forehead but I still prefer the face before this one. Everything else is an improvement.
#1311  November 20, 2014, 06:45:32 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
I personally like the RAGE animation for Majin Vegeta and the expression but I do like the proportion refinements made on the last stance. The shading is better too, but wouldn't it have to be applied to a lot of other sprites of the shading is off?
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#1312  November 20, 2014, 06:49:44 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
The face on the fourth one should be implemented on the Majin stance. I'm pretty sure Vegeta's forehead isn't that big, IIRC. But I agree with JNP: everything else is awesome! ;)
This is a generic forum signature.
#1313  November 20, 2014, 06:54:24 pm
    • Netherlands
Update (pretty much copy-pasted the face of 4 onto 6per request, and edited to match):
>
Let's just say this is the calmest face, for Majin he will have a more disturbed/angry look.
Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 07:02:15 pm by Balthazar
#1314  November 20, 2014, 06:55:44 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Update (pretty much copy-pasted the face of 4 onto 6per request, and edited to match):

Let's just say this is the calmest face, for Majin he will have a more disturbed/angry look.

Yep. That is definitely the Majin Vegeta I remember from my days of playing Hyper Dimension. Great work!
This is a generic forum signature.
#1315  November 20, 2014, 07:26:23 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
The boots are going to stay that dark? I know it didnt make much sense for the light to hit them in the other stances but it looked good IMO
I really like where the new stance is going.
#1316  November 20, 2014, 09:03:34 pm
#1317  November 20, 2014, 09:08:32 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#1318  November 21, 2014, 12:01:34 pm

I don't know why the abs are lighted, since the light should come from above him (if I recall correctly). It could be a style choice. Alex from SF3 has a similar pose (his torso especially) and his abs don't receive light.

With that said, I prefer the old version of his stance, the four one in the evolution sheet you posted (albeit it has some shading mistakes I can see now), but that's just my taste.
#1319  November 21, 2014, 12:04:51 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#1320  November 21, 2014, 07:11:06 pm
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
Good job so far Balthazar !
 I mess around a little with the face and the abs.