YesNoOk

Ask Barker (Read 1413696 times)

Started by walt, March 13, 2013, 05:40:48 pm
Share this topic:

Mog

Re: Ask Hoshi
#4461  February 23, 2015, 11:29:22 pm
When are you going to do something biased and unfair so I can complain about what an abusive goderator you are?

:bow:
#4462  February 24, 2015, 06:18:23 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
-Cats or dogs?
Answered it before, but honestly, both. I have 4 dogs and 6 cats.
-If there was any fighting game from the past you wanted to reboot, what would it be and why?
Not in particular. I'm a fan of older games in general, so remakes(as opposed to a sequel/prequel) I feel are unnecessary.
-Is there any chance you could give me the next spot? Or am I asking too much?
I'd prefer to give the next session to a person with a contributor star or beyond. This is mainly to have someone with experience with mugen to be asked questions regarding their known crafts. Maybe some time later.

When are you going to do something biased and unfair so I can complain about what an abusive goderator you are?

:bow:
Hopefully never. I'm a person who plays a devils advocate with almost every situation in my life. I tread very carefully when it comes to big decisions. Sorry to disappoint you! haha

If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#4463  February 25, 2015, 10:21:21 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Who's next?
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#4464  February 25, 2015, 10:34:46 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
#4465  February 25, 2015, 10:42:55 pm
  • SNK is life
Last one for Hoshi!

So, you have about 11 Gb worth of sprites ... what are you planning to do with those? I know I collect compiled SFFs to use as bases and references for making sprite edits, animations and so on, but I can't imagine what you collect them for :P

Maybe you're a ninja spriter hiding in the shadows? I don't know!
#4466  February 25, 2015, 11:06:08 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Just a personal archive. I have stuff from MRev saved in there. :3

I used to dabble in spriting a lot when I was younger and I was mildly decent. But most of the time I get bored with a sprite after I start it up. My style, according to an old friend of mine, resembles CVS/Power Instinct Matrimelee.
Re: Ask O Ilusionista
#4467  February 26, 2015, 01:21:54 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
for O ilusionista:

So what made you join up with Ethan Lives and others (I think) to set off the spec ops creations so many years ago?

What was the very first mugen creation you tried to do?

When did you find out about mugen?

What inspired you to create?

why do you like taking on so many projects at once?

What is the worst area in Brazil as far as crime and poverty?
#4468  February 26, 2015, 01:37:08 am
  • SNK is life
Dear O Ilu

How did it make you feel back in the day when you saw those videos making fun of your creations about having broken gameplay? To be honest, I always felt drawn to the original concepts you were making, like fleshing out a side of the SF universe with great untapped potential, but the gameplay held the project back from being more supported.

Did those videos made it evident, in your eyes, that things could be improved? What would you say is the biggest lesson or positive thing you learned from the mockery? Would you say, or do you feel you've improved enough to leave those days behind, buried in the sands of time?

Please keep making stuff, your edits look like a lot of fun. MB-02 was one of my first Mugen Bosses back in the day (roughly 10 years ago, shiiiiiit)
#4469  February 26, 2015, 02:04:43 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Ilusionista!  =D

From the old times of mgbr to today, it has been quite a wild ride , when I joined you were already well underway there and some people trembled in rage at your name and how much you didnt deserve fame and success.

How does it feel man? How does it feel to have kept creating and making a mark even as all the mimimimi was going on?

Give us a little overview on how it was dealing with the many mugen communities over the years.

Bea

#4470  February 26, 2015, 02:19:41 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
How does it feel to be a man and get all the interesting questions?
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#4471  February 26, 2015, 02:20:54 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
Can I be a beta tester for your wonderful works?  :laugh3:

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#4472  February 26, 2015, 09:52:08 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
-What do you enjoy most about mugen?
-How many creations have you made?
#4473  February 27, 2015, 05:04:46 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
Where's that kirby fullgame?
this website is stupid
#4474  February 27, 2015, 09:00:16 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Out of all your creations, which ones would you say you've enjoyed creating the most?

Fave SF char that needs more love?

Fave retro games?
#4475  February 27, 2015, 09:11:56 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
O!
I only have twothree questions.

-What keeps you going in this thing(creating, the community, etc)?
-Will we ever see MB-01???  :bigcry:
-How was your day?
#4476  February 28, 2015, 06:31:39 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Illu's not responding for now (or a long while), so idk if the notifications work, or he just hasn't noticed yet.

Anyway, some questions for him just in case:

-Favorite creations of yours?

-Favorite superhero?

-Is the Spider still in the works? (love it btw)

-Which Spiderman suit did you like the most?

-How's the weather?
#4477  February 28, 2015, 11:42:59 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
He hasn't been online since he's been tagged so he probably hasn't seen it yet.
#4478  February 28, 2015, 02:19:47 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Start to throw names around if he doesn't log in this evening.
#4479  February 28, 2015, 04:27:02 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Sorry guys, I haven't received any notification about this (I think the tag system isn't working). Thanks Demonkai for the pm :)

Let me reply:

So what made you join up with Ethan Lives and others (I think) to set off the spec ops creations so many years ago?
It was the opposite - Ethan asked to join with me for this project. In the beggining, it wasn't a project, just one char - MB-02, which I made with SodonHID (retired). Then he brought an idea (Blaze Agent) and the project was born.

What was the very first mugen creation you tried to do?
A brown goo, made using Paint. It was TERRIBLE, hahha

When did you find out about mugen?
Back in 1999. I was working with KOF91 (a terrible engine) and accidentally I've found Mugen.

What inspired you to create?
I am a big video game fun, thanks to my dad. The first console I ever played was a Telejogo, a very old console. Basically, it was a Pong game only.

why do you like taking on so many projects at once?
Its something which is my bless and my fall at the same time. Thanks to the nature of my job (I am an Art Director) I need to make different things at the same to keep me motivated.

What is the worst area in Brazil as far as crime and poverty?
The worst are for poverty its in North and Northwest in Brazil, and the worst area for poverty is Belaqua where people lives with less than $52 per month. About crime, its hard to tell, because there are many different kind of crimes (robbing, killing, etc). But, ONU made a top 30 most violent cities in the world, and Brazil has 11 on that list. Keep in mind that we are a continent-like country.

How did it make you feel back in the day when you saw those videos making fun of your creations about having broken gameplay? To be honest, I always felt drawn to the original concepts you were making, like fleshing out a side of the SF universe with great untapped potential, but the gameplay held the project back from being more supported.
There was a time that I got offended with that, but then I realized I could learn from my mistakes. Even some people have a way of giving feedback that reveals some serious mental disorder (Doki Doki was an example) - where honest feedback would be way better, showing the good and bad points, what you could fix, etc. Kinda like Cyanide does.

Did those videos made it evident, in your eyes, that things could be improved? What would you say is the biggest lesson or positive thing you learned from the mockery? Would you say, or do you feel you've improved enough to leave those days behind, buried in the sands of time?
Yes, I feel that I've improved a lot. Those old mistakes are left behind. Some points are still present because I believe it should be different. For example. the ammount of damage my characters does. Its my way of making things, its intentional.

Please keep making stuff, your edits look like a lot of fun. MB-02 was one of my first Mugen Bosses back in the day (roughly 10 years ago, shiiiiiit)

Thanks man. We are still working in Spec Ops, and MB-02 has a new version too :)

Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:57:33 pm by Mr. White Knight
#4480  February 28, 2015, 04:57:15 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Ilusionista!  =D

From the old times of mgbr to today, it has been quite a wild ride , when I joined you were already well underway there and some people trembled in rage at your name and how much you didnt deserve fame and success.

How does it feel man? How does it feel to have kept creating and making a mark even as all the mimimimi was going on?

Yeah, indeed it was a long ride. Back in that day, some people trembled in rage at me because I was an iron fist moderator/admin there, had banned may people from there. So much people that they even formed a new forum - Pão de Mugen, lol. Joke aside, there were some serious moments, of people threaten me - and even making phone calls to my wife and thereating her - with death. Some people tried to make an ambush to beat me, wanting to fight with me in real life thanks to that issue and (I never said anything about this publically) a real fight had happened. Saddly, the persons (there were 2) forgot that I was an martial artist back on that day and they had... a bad day :)

For non portuguese spearkers, this is what MIMIMI means https://tagdef.com/mimimi

Give us a little overview on how it was dealing with the many mugen communities over the years.
Its not an easy task. Back in that day, many things were very different - thanks god many of those kinds are left behind. And as I am a very passionate and explosive person, I chose not to do that kind of work. I am still a moderator at IMT and Chronocrash, but I just act when its something serious. I do prefer to help people instead.

How does it feel to be a man and get all the interesting questions?

Its great :) Sometimes I think some poeple ignores me here, but I can't blame no one - I know I made many shit on the past ( and sometimes I still do), lol

Can I be a beta tester for your wonderful works?  :laugh3:

Yes :) PM me.

-What do you enjoy most about mugen?
-How many creations have you made?

- To have fun and to create different things.
- I need to count it again, but its 80+ stages and 60+ characters.

Where's that kirby fullgame?

Here: http://gamejolt.com/games/action/kirby-the-dream-battle/32268/
I am still working on it. Very slowly, but I am.

Out of all your creations, which ones would you say you've enjoyed creating the most?

Fave SF char that needs more love?

Fave retro games?

- Battle Stormer Classics for sure!
- Geki
- H.E.R.O, Keystone Kapers (Atari), Rescue Mission (Master System), Shinning Force I & II, Master of the Monsters (Genesis) to name a few.

-What keeps you going in this thing(creating, the community, etc)?
- Passion :)

-Will we ever see MB-01???  :bigcry:
- Oh yeah, you will hear from it ver soon

-How was your day?

Fine, thanks.

Illu's not responding for now (or a long while), so idk if the notifications work, or he just hasn't noticed yet.

Anyway, some questions for him just in case:

-Favorite creations of yours?
Battle Stormer Classics, Spec Ops, the Boss-like characters and the Illusion Palace stage - I am very proud of that.
http://brazilmugenteam.com/stages/stages-ilusionista/illusion-palace/

-Favorite superhero?
- Living Tribunal, Wolverine, Hulk (but not the red one)

-Is the Spider still in the works? (love it btw)
- Its on my list, to be worked later

-Which Spiderman suit did you like the most?
- I do like the 2099 version most

-How's the weather?
- Here in Brazil its hot like hell :)