YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 804909 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#1361  July 27, 2020, 09:38:51 pm
Not even Sony would be dumb enough to censor someone like Mai, for example. Considering they didn't censor things in The Last Of Us 2 and likely won't censor Cyberpunk 2077 either, I think even they have their limits.

You forget that both are Western Products and The Last of Us 2 is basicaly developed by US Sony and pushed realy hard to be "The best thing since sliced bread." Even going so far and try to "Motivate" news sites who don't gave the game a 10/10 to change that, it, is natural that they won't censor there own "poster child", and for Cyberpunk 2077 the game is not out yet, they still could force some sort of censorship on it when it comes out.

Objective accomplished!

#1362  July 28, 2020, 12:46:58 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Various publishers will showcase their fighting game titles for upcoming DLC content and more on Aug.1.
After the disaster with Evo, I guess they needed to reveal their stuff somewhere. Besides the fact we'll see lots of fighting game news, there is one particular thing I like about this:
The broadcast will see fighting game producers and directors discussing topics chosen by fans before the live stream

I hope people talk about other franchises that need attention, like Darkstalkers, Skullgirls, etc.

As far as topics go, expect a good portion of them to be netcode related.

Pretty much all people is gonna ask is about dead franchises, netcode and characters. And KoF XV.
#1363  July 28, 2020, 01:30:39 am
    • Brazil
Objective accomplished!

I don't want to make the Last Of Us 2 discussion be too long in this thread, but both the critic and user score from this game seem to be inacurate from what I heard from it. From what I've seen, the game is mediocre, but far from bad, the critic score is only trying to push that stupid "its the Schindler's List of games" comparison with high scores, while many user scores came from pure transphobia directed at a character that isn't even trans in the first place, but they thought it was, because leaks.

Pretty much all people is gonna ask is about dead franchises, netcode and characters. And KoF XV.
I mean, those seem to be the things they least talk about, so its only natural. Its absurd how netcode is still an issue in major fighting games in fucking 2020 (I'm still pissed that Skullgirls was gonna have its spotlight because it did well in that regard and got robbed) and it really sucks how there is rarely ever a mention of some franchises that would make those companies a lot of fucking money if they simply made a game.
#1364  July 28, 2020, 01:39:33 am
  • SNK is life
while many user scores came from pure transphobia directed at a character that isn't even trans in the first place, but they thought it was, because leaks.
This part is killing me, because the leaks were misinterpreted :facepalm:
#1365  July 28, 2020, 01:41:13 am
    • Brazil
#1366  July 28, 2020, 01:45:08 am
  • SNK is life
Now, one thing you got wrong that I consider is important is that the review-bomb didn't come from actual user transphobia, but by the user's perceived or understood ALLEGED transphobia by Naughty Dog. "This is your idea of trans representation? A BUFF WOMAN DUDE COLD BLOODED ASSASSIN??? This is transphobic Naughy Dog, you'll get a piece of my mind!!!1" ...

... while the actual trans character was the asian child x_x
#1367  July 28, 2020, 09:03:52 am
I haven't seen anything about any trans character, I mostly see rage over Joel's story.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1368  July 28, 2020, 10:56:31 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
People been up in arms about the character being transexual since the leaks come out. The character wasnt transexual but that didnt stop this from becoming a weird phone game where more and more incels started taking up arms and raging at the game in general because of weird made up allegations amidst others that the director had done the mocap for all the sex scenes.

I dont find the game all that pleasing overall, it feels too much like a misery simulation, but I would be hard pressed to say that all the criticism towards the game is "deserved". Half of it is made up bullshit , the other half seem like excuses to stalk the artists and devs that participated in the game online.
#1369  July 28, 2020, 12:14:33 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
The outrage was over the actual happenings in the story. I don't know where you people have this perception that it is entirely and purely over transphobic stuff. How much deep into /v/'s meme-ing did you people go to?

That Korean guy didn't cut his copy of the game just because of Abby's existence for Christ's sake.
#1370  July 28, 2020, 12:38:40 pm
    • Brazil
One quick look into a YouTube vídeo that actually explains the situation well and you guys would know that the outrage was mainly because of what happened to some older characters in the story and how crappy it is. Saying that people's dissatisfaction is only because people were apparently transphobic is just pure ignorance.
#1371  July 28, 2020, 12:50:18 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

One quick look into a YouTube vídeo that actually explains the situation well and you guys would know that the outrage was mainly because of what happened to some older characters in the story and how crappy it is. Saying that people's dissatisfaction is only because people were apparently transphobic is just pure ignorance.

I actually watched Angry Joe and Other Joe both walked out when they got into Abby's flash back with their part 1 review of The Last Of Us 2. Poor Alex was left alone to play.  :laugh:
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 12:52:27 pm by Iced
#1372  July 28, 2020, 12:52:52 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
i edited the spoiler on your posts, be more mindful of other players that might have not played it yet and want to.
#1373  July 28, 2020, 12:58:13 pm
    • Brazil
That was pretty funny. That and the "A-ArE yOu OuTtA yOuR MiNd?" part.
#1374  July 28, 2020, 03:03:41 pm
    • Germany
Another thing that gets criticized often is that the gameplay and the story narrative in the cutscenes especially near the end don't fit, and make the story even less believable.
#1375  July 28, 2020, 03:06:01 pm
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA

Another thing that gets criticized often is that the gameplay and the story narrative in the cutscenes especially near the end don't fit, and make the story even less believable.

Might as well not have story at all or ya know, if it was a different game altogether instead of a Last of Us sequel

Don't think...obey
#1376  July 28, 2020, 03:31:04 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Personally the more I see Last Of Us talk on a fighting game topic, the more I'm led to believe that Joel is a Guest Character in something like Fighting Layer come Friday.

While we are at it, Jin Sakai for SFV in a similar matter to Cole in SFxT would be interesting.
#1377  July 28, 2020, 03:48:14 pm
    • Brazil
I'm just hoping to see more BBTAG news. Wondering if there's gonna new characters or something.
#1378  July 28, 2020, 03:50:49 pm
    • Brazil
Hopefully someone from Skullgirls.
#1379  July 28, 2020, 05:00:24 pm
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA

Hopefully Selvaria Bles, but I won't hold my breath on it.

Don't think...obey
#1380  July 28, 2020, 05:42:56 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I hope to see something really new from SNK (*cough* KOF XV *cough*), not only the reveal of the new free DLC for SamSho.
And of course i expect good things coming for Guilty Gear Strive.

Spoiler: TLOU2 stuff (click to see content)