• Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Re: KoF XV
#2262  August 08, 2022, 01:53:54 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
....... I highly doubt Kim and Shingo are on the same team lol

I think they're just teasers for individual teams, or possibly individual DLC characters. We don't know yet.
#2263  August 08, 2022, 02:17:22 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Likely each of them will be on a separate team.
#2264  August 08, 2022, 02:19:29 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I am kinda curious why would Shingo go to Kim for any sort of reason so I have doubts they become a team.

Then again, Goenitz just learned how to use a smartphone so anything's possible I guess.
#2265  August 08, 2022, 02:27:47 am
There's several shadows with Shingo and Kim.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2266  August 08, 2022, 04:44:43 am
    • USA
My most likely thoughts are

Kim/Jhun/May Lee
Shingo/Daimon/Saisyu

just cause it makes the most sense to me. But I'm all for having my expectations further shattered.
#2267  August 08, 2022, 04:55:15 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
My money's on all six newcomers being edit units.
I mean come on, if there were any teams, they would've gathered up the silhouettes together, and they wouldn't release teams as independent characters. It is most likely six characters spread out across a whole year, let's not drag the game's tagline to the ground by having actual unrealistic expectations.
#2268  August 08, 2022, 05:02:58 am
    • USA
My money's on all six newcomers being edit units.
I mean come on, if there were any teams, they would've gathered up the silhouettes together, and they wouldn't release teams as independent characters. It is most likely six characters spread out across a whole year, let's not drag the game's tagline to the ground by having actual unrealistic expectations.

except the games whole fucking point is "shatter your expectations." what a lie of a tagline that was
#2269  August 08, 2022, 05:04:31 am
    • USA
#2270  August 08, 2022, 05:13:21 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
except the games whole fucking point is "shatter your expectations." what a lie of a tagline that was
The tagline was "shatter your expectations" because it introduced Shatter Strike and brought long-time favorites like Chizuru, CYS and fucking K9999 for the first time in well over a decade, I'd say it lived up to the tagline quite well.

The hell did you expect, the continuation of the Dragon arc? Like why are you being so negative lmfao

Nah that's more fun lol
lol I respect it
#2271  August 08, 2022, 07:35:51 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Nah, I say Shingo and Kim will be in separate teams.

Reason 1, they only teased rough drafts of Shingo/Kim, meaning they haven't even finalized their 3d models yet.
Reason 2, they have 0 connection and have no agency in the storyline to be together (if DLC chars are canon as people told me).
Reason 3, SNK is literally reusing assets for Awakened Orochi team and SamSho team so they'll be making new assets for the next season.
#2272  August 08, 2022, 08:39:47 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Nah, I say Shingo and Kim will be in separate teams.

Reason 1, they only teased rough drafts of Shingo/Kim, meaning they haven't even finalized their 3d models yet.
Reason 2, they have 0 connection and have no agency in the storyline to be together (if DLC chars are canon as people told me).
Reason 3, SNK is literally reusing assets for Awakened Orochi team and SamSho team so they'll be making new assets for the next season.

I second that! For the same reasons.

The only possible way for them to team up would be in some kind of "Justice team", but it will not happen.
Giving Kim his own Team would be a chance to see Jhun Hoon back... Perhaps...

It would definitely sound more interesting to have them in different teams even for SNK's buiness... (splitting them in 2 different DLC)
#2273  August 08, 2022, 10:09:28 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea

It would definitely sound more interesting to have them in different teams even for SNK's buiness... (splitting them in 2 different DLC)

Maybe. They'll use Kim's old assets again from 14 and Shingo shares a lot of moves with Kyo so they'll have more resources to spare for new characters like "Jhun".
I wish Shingo comes back with Oswald, Shen Woo or Duo Lon while Kim brings back Jhun and May Lee (NOT Gang-il, Chang and Choi). But who knows.
#2274  August 08, 2022, 10:21:53 am
i want some wild team comps. like shingo teaming up with some kof ex guys. for kim isn't one of the jin brothers became his disciple? that'll be dope if they team up with kim and have their magic bullshit moves fused with taekwondo attacks.
#2275  August 08, 2022, 10:31:00 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Maybe. They'll use Kim's old assets again from 14 and Shingo shares a lot of moves with Kyo so they'll have more resources to spare for new characters like "Jhun".
I wish Shingo comes back with Oswald, Shen Woo or Duo Lon while Kim brings back Jhun and May Lee (NOT Gang-il, Chang and Choi). But who knows.

Yes, this idea...
I'm not missing Chang and Choi either ^^; J. Hoon and May Lee would be a good choice!
#2276  August 08, 2022, 12:07:52 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
i want some wild team comps. like shingo teaming up with some kof ex guys. for kim isn't one of the jin brothers became his disciple? that'll be dope if they team up with kim and have their magic bullshit moves fused with taekwondo attacks.

Ahhhhh, I've seen that before. It was Chonshu *I think*. But I think that's non-canon in KOF since that happened in Fatal Fury.
I'd say his sons have a higher chance in joining (since Rock is also from the same game they're from) than Chonshu. Gang-il already has most of their moves already, they could reuse that.

Or.... Worst case scenario...

Gang-il comes back with Chang and Choi (2 in 1 like in CVS) lol XP
#2277  August 08, 2022, 01:50:54 pm
Considering how they handled the DLC till now I expect for him to be bundled with Chang and Choi for another reuse.
#2278  August 08, 2022, 03:30:32 pm
    • Brazil
It would really shatter my expectations if Kim dad was in a team with his Kim kids from Garou.
#2279  August 08, 2022, 03:32:18 pm
I would say have Kim team up with two villains from Art of Fighting series, lag of Art of Fighting franchise characters to be in as several Garou Fatal Fury teams have took up from the previous season. I was going to choose Mr. Big and Eiji Kisaragi where Kim Kaphwan defeats them to join him for rehabilitation like what he did to Chang, Choi, Raiden and Hwai Jai, but I felt like it would be better to have Jack Turner and John Crawley, fighters that have not been in other past Kof titles yet :8):

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#2280  August 08, 2022, 05:46:50 pm
    • USA
The tagline was "shatter your expectations" because it introduced Shatter Strike and brought long-time favorites like Chizuru, CYS and fucking K9999 for the first time in well over a decade, I'd say it lived up to the tagline quite well.

The hell did you expect, the continuation of the Dragon arc? Like why are you being so negative lmfao

Nah that's more fun lol
lol I respect it

I guess a few returning characters and a new mechanic is expectation shatter worthy, when 80 percent of the whole fucking game is just recycled from 14. Like, they could have atleast spruced up the characters movesets. 14 and 15 have the most dumbed down versions of the characters yet. No excuse to reuse 80 percent of 14, they had like 6 years to develop the damn game.