YesNoOk

Scratchy 50$ Coding Commision (Again) (Read 636 times)

Started by Carmell, June 19, 2009, 02:24:20 pm
Share this topic:
Scratchy 50$ Coding Commision (Again)
#1  June 19, 2009, 02:24:20 pm
    • USA
I'm desperate to hire someone to code for my new character "Scratchy"

Kamekaze took on this task for free and already put in quite a bit of work. I'd like to say I've been happy with that partnership but Im not. Back when I partnered with him it seemed like he was going to be far more productive than the guy who wanted the job. Even seemed like maybe it was possible to get the project done before April.

No such luck.

Even though Kamekaze has already put in some good work. He's basically been dragging his feet for months for whatever reason and well it just doesnt seem like its going to get done this year if I stick with him.

I'll still pay you the full 50$ if you can get it done.
Hell, I'll pay you a 100$ if you can get it done by the end of the month.

All the animations and sprites are done.
All you have to do is code him how I want him.
Upon completion I will give you $50 through paypal.
I WILL NOT pay up front.

(Paying for work before you get it has screwed me royally in the past and I believe it leaves no ambition for the one getting paid to finish)**Just like someone working for free didnt seem to give them any ambition to finish**

If you agree to work then bail halfway through then I'm only going to pay you how much I think you earned.

If you dont believe I'm trustworthy, just ask Anjel. I paid him $50 for my last character.

I don't want anyone who's "learning" how to code in Mugen. I want someone who knows what they're doing and can deliver.

I still have the easy to understand flash files detailing how I want his moves to work etc

What's left to do:

A Kirby like stone/ton drop move

Intros with helpers.

Vs intros

Air bind super

chained air projectiles (think Hinata's kicking her shoe more than Akuma's double hadoukens)

some weirdness that I cant figure out keeping me from using a certain spark set

oh and cleaning up the extra code that's no longer needed out of the file.

Complete the character and you will be my go to guy for my next.
And I'll pay the standard fee of $50 regardless of the difficulty for that creation as well.

you can contact me directly on AIM at EmperorLarot
email: mgombie@fuse.net

-Carmell

Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 08:27:23 pm by Carmell
Re: Scratchy 50$ Coding Commision (Again)
#2  June 19, 2009, 03:36:18 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Posting some animations of the characters could motivate a potential coder. ;) (no, not me)
#3  June 19, 2009, 05:20:52 pm
Coding is very easy to learn. One you've created stages, and programed lifebars, creating characters isn't hard to learn.

But since you're throwing money away, You might find someone to program a character (Not me)
#4  June 19, 2009, 08:30:23 pm
    • USA
If I thought programming it myself was an option I would.
Obviously no one is going to be more motivated than me to see my character completed

Unfortunately, my learning disability makes stuff like that extremely hard.

Sprites and Character design I can do though.
#5  June 19, 2009, 10:12:54 pm
    • USA
Im not kidding around.

My age is 26.

I took a quick look at your site.
Have you actually created any finished characters?
Like I said I dont want someone who's still learning themselves.

As for the moves.

the kirby ton/stone move I referenced is Scratchy morphing into a blade in the air and then falling down onto the enemy which is supposed to be synched to their fall speed to make it look like it's bringing them down with it

The Vs intros are a series of animations with voice acting and sometimes helpers moving around.

the air thing is Scratchy fires his shotgun in the air and I want him to be able to do it one extra time before he hits the ground. This move is actually practically done already.

and the air bind super is Scratchy turns into a spiky ball and impales the opponent on one of his spikes and rolls around the bottom of the stage bleeding off their health