YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2435032 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#581  January 13, 2009, 04:02:39 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I would rather buy works, produced by the official studio, then works, done by a bunch of Clique members.

Lol, a lot of those official studio's members are deeply rooted in the doujin scene; the marimite mangaka does marimite doujin ( several professional mangaka still keep on doing doujins) ; several mangaka like clamp started doing doujinshi (like pretty much everybody who does not start as a helper of a bigger mangaka or by wining a big contest).
#582  January 13, 2009, 05:27:28 am
Wow, you learn something now everyday.
#583  January 18, 2009, 05:56:50 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Kyoani's new series (Munto) just got it's first chapter translated, will update the post with my impressions tomorrow.
#584  January 18, 2009, 06:25:45 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I thought that Kyoani only released one series at a time. I thought this series was coming right after Clannad After Story.

Currently downloading and rewatching one of my favorite shows: Saint Seiya. :buttrox:
#585  January 20, 2009, 05:30:52 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Well, they sure are saving up on the budget for munto. First things first, they re-started the plot, so the first chapters will be pretty boring for me, considering they are inferior to the onas in every aspect. Still, the series are a pretty decent watch, and I hope it will improve after chapter 5. On the other hand I watched the second oda for sayonara zetsubou sensei and it was pretty cool, I especially liked the higurashi reference; the changing artstyles over the oda were sure good as well.

ALso finished kyonogononi, while it is another echi comedy with charatcers that act like 11 years old kids, at least in this one they have the excuse of really being 11 yer old kids.
#586  January 20, 2009, 06:07:03 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
Why can't they make ecchi comedies about characters that are actually above age, like Golden Boy. Nothing tops Golden Boy, it's the ultimate ecchi comedy and nothing comes close to beating it.

I'm growing tired of these elementary/middle school kids doing perverted shit.
#587  January 20, 2009, 06:22:08 am
Then don't watch it.
#588  January 20, 2009, 06:48:01 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
They just don't make anime like they used to. Right now I am watching Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory, this is one of the best Gundam's I've seen since 08th MS Team.

I dunno why people go so ga-ga over Gundam Wing and Seed/Seed Destiny.
#589  January 20, 2009, 06:54:57 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Except 0083 is one of the worst Gundam series, character development-wise.
Nina is a retarded bitch, Kou sucks and is a whiny retard.
The bridge from OYW to Zeta was awful, the broke more far more stuff than they tried to fix.

The only saving grace are the mecha fights and Burning/Gato... OH, and the music.
I dunno why people go so ga-ga over Gundam Wing and Seed/Seed Destiny.
What.
People HATE those in mecha-oriented communities, they only like Wing for Zechs and Seed due Mwu (plus Seed Destiny gets tons of hate)

If anything, the overrated series are Turn A and Zeta (At some extent)
The underrates series are ZZ, V and X.
#590  January 20, 2009, 07:02:21 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
Kou does suck pretty hard, and I hate Nina's guts. But the atmosphere and fights have been pretty good so far. The only characters in Stardust Memory I like are Burning, Gato, Mora and Cima. Oh man... Mora and especially Cima are super hawt. I also like Keith, he's good comic relief from time to time.

I really don't know much about Gundam though, I only seen the episodes of the original MS Gundam on Cartoon Network along with 08th MS Team (my favorite), Wing back when it aired (my cousin loved it, but I couldn't get into it at all, I think the only thing Wind related I like is Endless Duel on the SNES, which is a pretty decent fighter) and I saw a few episodes of Seed and hated it. Oh, and I can't forget G-Gundam, which is cheesy beyond belief, but it's enjoyable.

I think 08th MS-Team was the best though because it was more realistic and focused more on action on the ground rather than in space.
#591  January 20, 2009, 07:15:36 am
What I hated about 08th MS Team was that annoying guy who kept sending letters to his girlfriend (and later got dumped) and appeared in that extra OVA at the end that was boring as fuck.

0083 Stardus Memory started pretty good IMO but later it got very slow + what GARham said.

Gundam Wing was my first Gundam show (and alsmot made me lose interest in it) and yes Zechs is Sex (same for Tallgese). And I want to see Gundam X.

Also, Today in class 5-2 Gundam 00: Trans GrahAm. :o
#592  January 20, 2009, 07:33:03 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Cima was kind of a bitch, she had an awesome death though.

Art direction in 0083 is good, I love Kou's RAGE face, it's all wrinkled and barely resembles Mr. "I don't like carrots"

What I hated about 08th MS Team was that annoying guy who kept sending letters to his girlfriend (and later got dumped) and appeared in that extra OVA at the end that was boring as fuck.
Extra OVA? Nah, episode 12 of 08th MS team isn't an extra OVA (That would be Miller's report, which is a huge recap mixed with original scenes of Shiro's trial..IIRC it was a movie that aired before the final episode of 08th...that or an extra OVA in the DVD set, I don't remember), it's the epilogue but stil part of the main OVA (It wasn't aired in Toonami due the whole CHILDREN WERE SOLDIERS deal, bleh) I though the final part was nice, I mean, the part where Micheal and Kiki find Shiro.
The only part that kinda pissed me in 08th is Norris JOBBING against Shiro, but overall I like the characters, setting, music, art direction and awesome cast of voice actors they got for this.

Trans-GrahAm was AWESOME.
#593  January 20, 2009, 10:37:26 pm
  • ANGRY BIRDS GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • Mexico
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/fer619/
Question for everyone: Who's your favorite anime girl? Mine's Maya Natsume from Tenjho Tenge, although Innrer Moka from Rosario + Vampire is a real close second.

#594  January 20, 2009, 10:44:37 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
Alita from Battle Angel Alita.
#595  January 20, 2009, 10:50:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Satou sei from marimite, rando rino from konami's gokujou setokai would have won but they had to explain puchan with magic.
#596  January 20, 2009, 11:27:35 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Lina Inverse from Slayers, Allenby Beardsley from Mobile Fighter G-Gundam, Lime from Saber Marionette J and Matsubara Kaoru from Demashitaa!! Powerpuff Girls Z.
#597  January 21, 2009, 01:21:18 am
Gally/Alita from Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita
Closesecond would be Momoko from Hikkatsu!
Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 01:28:35 am by eauxlune
#598  January 21, 2009, 01:31:40 am
I'm growing tired of these elementary/middle school kids doing perverted shit.
What do you expect, when it's one of the most popular genres in japan. Sure the Genre gets boring after the first show, but let them have their little shows.

Question for everyone: Who's your favorite anime girl?
San from Princess Mononoke, because she is just awesome.

P.S. I've just jumped on the BECK bandwagon
Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 02:32:41 am by Cadia
#599  January 21, 2009, 02:44:02 am
P.S. I've just jumped on the BECK bandwagon

I feel weird to ask this:
What is the appeal to BECK?  It seems really popular, but a manga/anime about a band sounds.. strange..  It's one of the few manga I've never touched out of the bare fact that it looks like a typical American teen drama.
#600  January 21, 2009, 02:44:58 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
People only like Beck because of the use of english swear words in it.