YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2411410 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#1281  July 14, 2009, 12:45:31 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I ended up seeing Aika both seasons ages ago , when it was the only thing on tv.

And yeah I had seen AIKA R, now all the grown up characters are loli!
#1282  July 14, 2009, 12:51:35 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
talking about fanservice, there is stuff like Kamen no maid guy (thankfully the manga is being scanslated again) and girls bravo, who have a very specific feeling of good echi comedy not seen since ranma.
#1283  July 14, 2009, 01:37:19 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Ugh, nothing of my interest this season (Not counting Lost Canvas, Jungle Emperor Leo and Hellsing) so I'll be watching some old stuff.
Started with Hades Project Zeorymer and Project A-ko last week and now switching to M.D. Geist and Detonator Orgun, downloading ZOE Dolores i as well.
Reading Cutey Honey, Mazinger Z, Kakugo no Susume and Ghost Sweeper Mikami, aside from other 27 titles I've been reading regularly (When a new chapter is released each month/whenever the scanlation group feels like it)

and useless mkv format
The mkv is just a (Hardly useless) container (like mp4, avi, etc)...which supports softsubs, styles, b frames, multiple audio channels, ordered chapters and much more features, pretty useful.
Heck if you compare a hard subbed avi file with a softsubbed mkv of the same resolution, the mkv's size is smaller.

You're just going to watch it once and then dump it
Not really, you can archive the files in a DVD and share it with your friends/archive it. That's what my friends and yours truly do.

I agree about the size sometimes.
400MB is barely bearable for a 20 minute show (350 MB is acceptable since 13 episodes fit in a regular single layered DVD5) but when a single episode is 700MB/1GB... I entirely avoid that encode/raw.
#1284  July 14, 2009, 11:05:49 am
  • all is love in fair and war
Vagabond is amazing, no fanservice, though. Kurozuka is not as good as vagabond but has plenty of fanservice (explicit sex) and it's already over.

agree, vagabond is very good and Takehiko Inoue's drawing style is much more refined there compared to Slam Dunk, but he doesn't draw women very well  :'(

Thanks for Kurozuka, never heard about it before, it's very well drawn too  ;D
#1285  July 14, 2009, 11:25:40 am
The mkv is just a (Hardly useless) container (like mp4, avi, etc)...which supports softsubs, styles, b frames, multiple audio channels, ordered chapters and much more features, pretty useful.
It's useless when the raws are in mkv and have nothing of that. The best I can find that isn't MKV in raws is 400 MB mp4 files, lately. Just saw a Spice & Wolf II ep. 1 raw, 650MB MP4 file. Right...

On Canaan, it's a lot of action and thriller stuff. Like, those series with CIA and secret agents. The only bit with breasts is when this evil chick comes out of the shower butt naked in front of a couple of evil leaders, and the ED.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 07:48:25 pm by Byakko
#1286  July 14, 2009, 03:42:47 pm
yes yes canaan is really good is canaan a type moon character? she kinda looks like one she reminds me of shiki ryugi.
#1287  July 14, 2009, 04:05:06 pm
There was this visual novel, 428, that was made by ChunSoft. It included a bunch of extra scenarios written by guest authors. Canaan was one of those extra stories written and designed by the Type-Moon staff, yes.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1288  July 14, 2009, 04:36:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
agree, vagabond is very good and Takehiko Inoue's drawing style is much more refined there compared to Slam Dunk, but he doesn't draw women very well  :'(

Thanks for Kurozuka, never heard about it before, it's very well drawn too  ;D

I hate how they draw the eyes, though, makes it look like everyone is on drugs.

th for the info on clannad, I will wait until it's over to watch it sicne I am already following a decent amount of shows ( by adding zan szs to the ones I am watching).

Aika Zero is out.
#1289  July 14, 2009, 05:48:45 pm
  • wat
This month watch list:
-CANAAN
-Umineko
-Bakemonogatari

The chinese translation of Nekogami ya OYorozu is kind of restarted recently,which chapter four is released.
the story is just about a cat god who love to play retro console game,and everyday life with lots of gods.
#1290  July 14, 2009, 07:41:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
completely out of context.

#1291  July 14, 2009, 10:34:37 pm
  • SNK is life
PHEW I always get tired by the 3rd.
#1292  July 15, 2009, 07:52:50 am
  • Luck can be statistics or superstition.
    • Malaysia
    • http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User:Mineko_Charat_Lucky
This month watch list:
-CANAAN
-Umineko
-Bakemonogatari

The chinese translation of Nekogami ya OYorozu is kind of restarted recently,which chapter four is released.
the story is just about a cat god who love to play retro console game,and everyday life with lots of gods.
Cat god? I'll look into it, I'm interested.

And there's a rather uncommon anime called "Nekomimi Ojisan" or "Catfather" if roughly translated.

rikachan~, who's the girl in that pic?

I am but a living fossil these days.
#1293  July 15, 2009, 02:04:34 pm
  • wat
#1294  July 15, 2009, 04:56:49 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It's sakutarou, a demon created (not summoned) by the witch of origins.
#1295  July 17, 2009, 03:15:29 am
I currently read Yuria Hyaku Shiki, which is very echily funny  ;D
#1296  July 17, 2009, 04:06:57 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yah, the "tutorials" are specially fun. I have been following for several months now. Actually I have read most of the tuff scanslated by that group.
#1297  July 17, 2009, 05:23:51 am
oh the manual about their features in various situation  ;D

What I like the most is the situation between Yoshio and his mom.  ;P
#1298  July 17, 2009, 11:41:39 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
New InuYasha TV series announced :(
#1299  July 17, 2009, 02:37:41 pm
I never like Inuyasha. :-\ somehow
#1300  July 17, 2009, 04:00:26 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I never gave it a try, the negativity surrounding it was pretty big.