YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 745180 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#961  November 02, 2018, 02:51:22 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Yes.  Alongside that Spring Man is more-or-less the de-facto face of the series alongside Ribbon Girl already being shown as a Mii costume in the direct.  I don't believe many would view either option in very high regard.
#962  November 02, 2018, 03:04:44 am
#963  November 02, 2018, 03:15:36 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#964  November 02, 2018, 03:23:26 am
    • Argentina
full version
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#965  November 02, 2018, 03:29:08 am
    • Mexico
Yes.  Alongside that Spring Man is more-or-less the de-facto face of the series alongside Ribbon Girl already being shown as a Mii costume in the direct.  I don't believe many would view either option in very high regard.

We can still have Twintelle and her assets though
#966  November 02, 2018, 03:36:49 am
    • Brazil
Quite a lot of people do, actually. In fact, many wishlists I see either include Spring Man and Ribbon Girl in one slot (like either one or the other) or include "an ARMS fighter", which means lots of people would be satisfied with anyone from that game.
#967  November 02, 2018, 04:12:30 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
...I think we have a bit of miscommunication here.  I'm not arguing people are against Arms characters in the game.  I'm arguing people would be against their inclusion devoted solely to a secondary aspect such as an assist trophy or a costume exclusively for the Miis.  Of course Face on the Box and Player 2 would rank high for inclusion, the game did well for the platform, but they're likely looking for them to be playable, not just getting a participation award for being in the game.
#968  November 02, 2018, 04:13:38 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
#969  November 02, 2018, 04:45:22 am
    • Mexico
Unpopular opinion: I don't want or expect any more Nintendo characters at this point.

Just look at that roster, is there anyone left that people give a damn about? What about music or stages? I can't honestly see anyone offering them. I know some people here are expecting that new Fire Emblem lord to pop-up and piss everyone off, but frankly, Sakurai and co. are better off putting those resources into guest characters, which, on the other hand, can always offer stages and songs. If they wanted Nintendo guys, they shouldn't have relegated Spring Man, Ribbon Girl and Rex into AT and Mii costumes respectively, and I don't think solo Pyra can happen.

Also, I think a Tekken character may be in the works. We haven't seen anything related to the franchise (not even the Heihachi costume from last game) and Akira makes me believe Sakurai's been experimenting with him to see if he can translate a 3D fighter into 2D.
#970  November 02, 2018, 04:53:51 am
    • Brazil
#971  November 02, 2018, 05:00:56 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Just look at that roster, is there anyone left that people give a damn about
Bandanna Dee is the last Nintendo one that still has a large following, as well as Paper Mario.  All others that were extremely requested has been shafted for an eternity at this point.
#972  November 02, 2018, 05:52:17 am
Lets be real, if Sakurai sat there and honestly tried to fill every little request for characters in the game we'd probably be sitting at a hilariously unbalanced hundred or so characters and the game wouldn't be released for another 2 or 3 years. Things like assist trophies at least give the ones who didn't make it SOME presence.
#973  November 02, 2018, 06:21:10 am
    • Brazil
Lets be real, if Sakurai sat there and honestly tried to fill every little request for characters in the game we'd probably be sitting at a hilariously unbalanced hundred or so characters and the game wouldn't be released for another 2 or 3 years. Things like assist trophies at least give the ones who didn't make it SOME presence.
And then they add Piranha Plant...
#974  November 02, 2018, 06:46:52 am
Pretty sure that he is Sakurai's WTF character that he's been doing since Melee now and personally I love the fact that he can pick characters so out of the blue and develop neat ideas on how they would fight. I mean Sega figured out how to get a Daytona car to work in Fighters Megamix so Sakurai's not that crazy.
#975  November 02, 2018, 07:02:57 am
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Let’s not forget Bad Box Art Megaman in Street Fighter x Tekken.
#976  November 02, 2018, 09:18:01 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
There's been no word as to who sung it. Because if it is Utada Hikaru, then that fact could be misconstrued as a spoiler to Sora from Kingdom Hearts making the roster.

I'm actually interested in who the Final Boss for Ultimate is going to be. Throughout the years, it's been Master Hand (and Crazy Hand as a duo), then Tabu. Who's it gonna be now?
Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:22:50 am by no1wammy
#977  November 02, 2018, 10:54:22 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Then how do you explain Tails not even being an assist trophy?!
Shadow and Knuckles at least got to be assist trophies, but Tails didn't even get THAT luxury.
If you ask me, it's not Shadow and Waluigi who have been done dirty, but Tails.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#978  November 02, 2018, 11:33:34 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Well...at least Tiki's in the game! Kinda...but a step-up from being a trophy in the previous game. So I guess yay?!
#979  November 02, 2018, 12:40:46 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Fucking RIP to the Grinch leaker.  The leak might have been fake, but that means he still got caught using real Grinch promotional material, breaking NDA, and wasting resources from the company he works at to make it.  Dude destroyed his own career just to troll Smash fans.
#980  November 02, 2018, 12:44:10 pm
Then how do you explain Tails not even being an assist trophy?!
Shadow and Knuckles at least got to be assist trophies, but Tails didn't even get THAT luxury.
If you ask me, it's not Shadow and Waluigi who have been done dirty, but Tails.

Hey I didn't get everything I wanted either but I don't think the characters I did want were done dirty for it.