YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 733991 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1061  November 15, 2018, 05:16:23 pm
That's right. One of my favorite moves in the VF series.

#1062  November 15, 2018, 06:45:03 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
IIRC  I founf a tetsuzanko compilation video in youtube, but maybe it was only a playlist, at worse it was a bunch of related youtube suggestions. will check at lunch time.
#1063  November 15, 2018, 08:20:31 pm
    • Brazil
The DLC is probably gonna be a 3rd party character that isn't repped yet. There hasn't been a single 3rd party character with more than 1 rep playable so I think it's gonna be other franchises that Nintendo can collaborate with and profit off of
Maybe Chun-Li? Like I said before, she seems a quite likely addition, considering how iconic she is and yet she didn't show up yet in any way so far (even if she is in as a spirit, that doesn't deconfirm her yet either).
#1064  November 15, 2018, 09:03:55 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Nothing against Chun-Li, but with 3 characters, 2 stages, and upwards of 50 songs on the soundtrack, I feel like Capcom's got enough representation.  If anything, Namco should get another rep.  They're co-developing the dang thing and they only have Pac-Man and whatever old-school retro arcade references they've crammed into his movelist.
#1065  November 15, 2018, 09:53:24 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Not having Dig Dug in there does feel like a missed opportunity on their part
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1066  November 15, 2018, 10:19:14 pm
    • USA
Or even Heihachi.  Mappy, maybe.  Something else besides Pac-Man, at least before we get a 3rd or 4th rep from another 3rd party.
#1067  November 15, 2018, 10:42:59 pm
    • Brazil
Not having Dig Dug in there does feel like a missed opportunity on their part
Normally I'd say that with Bomberman out, Dig Dug had no chance, but we have Piranha Plant, which means there is no such thing as logic involved...
#1068  November 15, 2018, 11:01:51 pm
Or even Heihachi.  Mappy, maybe.  Something else besides Pac-Man, at least before we get a 3rd or 4th rep from another 3rd party.

I think you all are forgetting about somebody.....
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1069  November 15, 2018, 11:44:54 pm
    • Brazil
#1070  November 16, 2018, 02:22:07 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#1071  November 16, 2018, 02:42:28 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA

I liked how Ness and Lucas got new victory themes. Same for Lucina and Robin. I'm surprised Chrom doesn't share their new victory theme. Roy's in English as well and Corrin has a new victory theme as well. I wonder if Young Link's victory theme is used for the other LoZ fighters. Seems shorter in length than the previous.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1072  November 16, 2018, 02:47:57 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
I don't understand why they coudln't use modern day Akira, instead of that polygonal one. I mean, sure it's a nice call back form the original Virtua Fighter's art style, but it just doesn't match the art styles of the other things in the game. Though I guess I can't complain too much since its just an assist trophy character.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#1073  November 16, 2018, 02:51:42 am
I don't understand why they coudln't use modern day Akira, instead of that polygonal one.
If they could use the old one, then they could use the modern one. But obviously it's not the joke they wanted to make.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1074  November 16, 2018, 02:54:55 am
    • USA
I liked how Ness and Lucas got new victory themes. Same for Lucina and Robin. I'm surprised Chrom doesn't share their new victory theme. Roy's in English as well and Corrin has a new victory theme as well. I wonder if Young Link's victory theme is used for the other LoZ fighters. Seems shorter in length than the previous.

Oh wow, that attention to detail.  There's actually a separate voice line for dual characters on the victory screen.  Usually it's "character name" followed by the same voice clip shouting "wins" for everyone.  But at 3:45 on that video it clearly says "Rosalina & Luma win" because it's announcing for two of them.  That's crazy they took the time to do that.
#1075  November 16, 2018, 03:04:03 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I hope the announcer says "Ice Climbers win!" in the released version
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1076  November 16, 2018, 04:55:34 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I would have thought Sonic would have been big enough to earn a echo at the very least. Nothing but disappointments. Even Smash 4 had Gamer which looked super cool at first but then oh boy...

Klonoa would have been leagues and bounds a better choice than what they turned Pac into. Dig Dug himself's not even in that dumb taunt. Now would be a good time to aim for a Tekken character but doubt all around.

There's rumors Steve from Minecraft will be DLC. Doubt, that would be cool as hell.
#1077  November 16, 2018, 08:32:34 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Those are echoes. I'm talking about full characters. Sakurai himself doesn't consider Ken his own slot, he's quoted saying to think of Ken "as more of an echo with extra juice added to him" as he thinks Ken would anger alot of people if he put his own slot on the roster.
I know, I was joking. :P

But yeah honestly, I agree.  While a second 3rd party rep isn't out of the question, they would likely get a lot more out of introducing a new 3rd party franchise.

That said, I'm pretty surprised how NamcoBandai has a lack of multiple 3rd party reps, especially considering how involved they were in developing Smash 4 and 5, yet Sega, Capcom, and Konami has more.
#1078  November 16, 2018, 02:32:31 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
This would be the perfect chance with DLC to give Bandai Namco a slot within the five DLC characters. In fact, here's my guesses. Feel free to commend/criticize...

Geno: Easily the most popular original character to come from Super Mario RPG, he would return after 22 years of being on the shelf. This would also be considered (In my view) part of the reconciliation between Square Enix and Nintendo.

Heihachi OR Kazuya: Going on what vgma2 mentioned in that it's shocking that Bandai Namco doesn't more reps outside of Pac-Man, well... here's your answer. Either way, you get something out of this: With Heihachi, you could have a character that could be the first character to appear in two mainstream platform fighters and with either one, you're sure to get a better game then Street Fighter x Tekken could ever be.

NEW 3rd Party Entry: With Smash Brothers as being the ultimate crossover battle, it makes sense to put in another 3rd party character. My problem? Well, I can't think of anything... and no to the Minecraft guy. Minecraft can go die in a tire fire mixed with oil.

Waluigi: Might as well throw this dork a bone and let him in. It would also open the door for other Assist Trophies to become full fledged characters should they want to do that.

New Generation Pokemon: With the advent of a possible new generation of Pokemon in the near future, why not try to add a character from this potential group.
#1079  November 16, 2018, 02:36:13 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#1080  November 16, 2018, 05:11:36 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/