YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 830504 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#1841  July 22, 2017, 11:22:42 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#1842  July 23, 2017, 01:30:21 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Lots of lines between Haggar and Spidey about protecting the city (presumably both in the same city) and Spidey saving Haggar in (or before) the story.
I'm not sure what's happening with Haggar's supers at the end, he does two lv3s back to back, the first takes 3 levels but the second is done without any super level and doesn't cost anything ? I'm not keeping up with what each Stone does but I didn't think the Reality Stone does that ?
looks like he used the reality meter for his lvl3
#1843  July 23, 2017, 01:40:04 am
Oh, right, I didn't see that second bar emptying up.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1844  July 23, 2017, 01:47:21 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
apparently thats a thing, were you can sue your infinite storm meter for supers.
#1845  July 23, 2017, 06:44:31 am
would this confirm that we will get and street fighter alpha costume for chun-li and phoenix wright as dlc?

#1846  July 23, 2017, 08:30:24 am
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
I love it how they gave Haggar a oil drum so he can use It as a projectile also it seems it can take an attack before it breaks which is cool Franks camera on a bipod is cool too the little differences in their moveset are awesome
#1847  July 23, 2017, 02:18:17 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I love it how they gave Haggar a oil drum so he can use It as a projectile also it seems it can take an attack before it breaks which is cool Franks camera on a bipod is cool too the little differences in their moveset are awesome

and the fact that he can hold an oil drum just before throwing it
#1848  July 23, 2017, 02:57:57 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
would this confirm that we will get and street fighter alpha costume for chun-li and phoenix wright as dlc?

What is that and what does it have to do with MvC?  Could just be a generic "here are the 4 games we're still willing to make" thing from Capcom.

:EDIT:

Oh hey, finally some Morrigan gameplay.

Come to think of it, I don't think Morrigan has actually been shown in any official material since they first announced her seven months ago.
Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:44:33 am by Person Man
#1849  July 25, 2017, 08:25:59 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I'm starting to think they she's a little overused in these crossovers.
#1850  July 25, 2017, 08:40:11 pm
    • Brazil
I'm starting to think they she's a little overused in these crossovers.
Demitri may have been the one meant for protagonism in Darkstalkers, but Morrigan kicked him out with her higher popularity, so they put her in his place instead. Besides, she is one of the first MvC characters, its already enough we don't have the X-Men, at least the Capcom side should have some of the classics.
#1851  July 25, 2017, 08:44:20 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
The question now becomes why she's overused. Sexual appeal aside, she is the only Darkstalker to have ever appeared in nearly every crossover game, making her the de facto Darkstalkers representative. Yes, they have Jedah to keep Morrigan company in this MvC installment. In the previous one, it was Felicia and Hsien-Ko; the one before that was Anakaris, B.B. Hood/Bulleta and Felicia.

Right now, Morrigan has that "Ryu priority" card; she's famous, she's first choice. If Morrigan was given vacation time, who would temporarily take her place?

lui

#1852  July 25, 2017, 08:50:13 pm
    • USA
honestly nobody. the thing is, despite the fact that yes she is overused, she IS the face of darkstalkers in the same vein that Ryu is the face of Capcom. It just wouldn't feel right if she was replaced
#1853  July 25, 2017, 08:59:18 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
It'd be like if Family Matters was going to have a rep and we got Carl Winslow. Sure he was the main character of the show, but Steve Urkel is who everyone thinks of.

Trying to think of a better example that's relevant to Marvel and/or Capcom but the most I can think of how Cyclops is the first X-Men but Wolverine is more representative of the series.
#1854  July 25, 2017, 09:11:44 pm
Actually, I do appreciate they tried to give her new stuff. It seems she has a new debuffing special, it's not too clear what it will actually do when it's released, but that's quite welcome.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1855  July 25, 2017, 09:22:26 pm
    • Brazil
What they should have done is actually make Darkness Illusion look better, now it just looks pretty meh.
#1856  July 25, 2017, 09:29:04 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.

lui

#1857  July 25, 2017, 09:30:13 pm
    • USA
What they should have done is actually make Darkness Illusion look better, now it just looks pretty meh.
I'm not sure how it looks any worse????? its literally morrigan using magic to clone herself. the startup is like 5 secs and the fx looks a lot better than it did in 3, I'm not sure how much more "better" a simple super like that can look :/
Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:38:13 pm by Walruslui
#1858  July 26, 2017, 02:36:02 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
The question now becomes why she's overused. Sexual appeal aside, she is the only Darkstalker to have ever appeared in nearly every crossover game, making her the de facto Darkstalkers representative. Yes, they have Jedah to keep Morrigan company in this MvC installment. In the previous one, it was Felicia and Hsien-Ko; the one before that was Anakaris, B.B. Hood/Bulleta and Felicia.

Right now, Morrigan has that "Ryu priority" card; she's famous, she's first choice. If Morrigan was given vacation time, who would temporarily take her place?

I think that one of the other reason why she is overused is the very fact that most of her move set is rather basic, just like the case with Ryu , if they wanted to place her with another character it well be the next "Easier" character to make , Demitri could fill her show if the crossover games didn't had so many character since then they well have to create a Mid night bliss version of every playable character , also the crossover needs to have a dash system since one of his moves requires it
#1859  July 26, 2017, 02:47:45 am
    • Brazil
I'm not sure how it looks any worse????? its literally morrigan using magic to clone herself. the startup is like 5 secs and the fx looks a lot better than it did in 3, I'm not sure how much more "better" a simple super like that can look :/
I never said it looked worse, I said it could have been made better. Also, if you want examples on how supers can look better, look at the original and latest versions of Hiryu's Ragnarok, Spidey's Maximum Spider and, specially, Wolverine's Weapon X, finishers that look cool, hell, Maximum Spider isn't even a lvl 3 and it looks better.
#1860  July 26, 2017, 02:55:53 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Speaking of DS, I think (If there's really a chance of more DS characters appears) the next Darkstalker duo to comes as DLC should be a beast(Gallon or Sasquatch) and a human hunter(Donovan, BBHood or post-Vampire Savior Anita)

It would be nice if we have a demon "couple" (Already Morrigan and Jedah), a beast-like and a human[or half-human] representants from Darkstalkers.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:00:13 am by ShinZankuro