YesNoOk

Ryu by Trololo - Remade and Released (Read 44757 times)

Started by Trololo, April 01, 2022, 03:19:19 pm
Share this topic:
Ryu by Trololo - Remade and Released
#1  April 01, 2022, 03:19:19 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru

I know, you will not believe me, but this is a serious release. In fact, maybe there is NO better day to release him than today. xD
I'd call him 99.9% ready. The only thing really missing is some Special Intros vs. Ken, and that's only because he needs to go through a similar update, so until then there is no compatibility between the characters.
Like always, hope you'll enjoy him!
Download
Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 03:28:12 pm by Trololo
Re: Ryu by Trololo - Remade and Released
#2  April 01, 2022, 11:40:12 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
The char feels pretty good on my fingertips. Congratulations.

It's hard to give feedback on some things that doesn't just end up being to make things the way I did, but here goes:

- Dash dusts would look better aligned with his center of gravity instead of landing foot
- I don't like that Evil Ryu walks like Orochi Ryu. But it's just preference
- EX Tatsumaki dust is misaligned
- Hadouken feels like it has too much recovery. Especially Evil Ryu's
- Jumps seem too long. Did your forget to convert them to 4:3?
- Fireballs are overall too fast. See above
- Tatsumaki same thing
- Fireball Clsn1's are too big
- Tatsumaki spin sounds are barely audible
- Small portrait hair shading is noticeably different from the sprites. I think there are some glove colors in there too
- Because you don't randomize the position in the shock particles from Denjin, they just form a big square shape on top of P2
- Denjin can redizzy
- After a Denjin stun you can't throw the opponent
- Joudan sprites are noticeably bigger than the rest
- Parry detection Clsn1 is too big. Should be same size as basic movements
- Unblockable Denjin doesn't quite work in Mugen IMO, where only a few characters can parry
- Kind of want Evil Ryu to have air (angled) Hadouken just because of MvC. Wasn't it in Hyper SFA as well?
- Hadouken pushes P2 too far back. Should be same hitvels as normal hard punches I think
- I know what you meant with the blood etc in Metsu Shoryuken, but it somehow feels off in normal Ryu.
- Normal Tatsumaki should hit several times during CC, since juggling points are disabled
- Tenma Kujin Kyaku and both overheads should always have the kiai voice. I like to do that for all command normals, personally, but those 2 in particular feel off without one
- Senpuu Kyaku xx Tatsumaki (especially strong version) feels like it defies the laws of  physics too much even for a 2D fighter
- Metsu Hadouken lacks something. It's just level 3 Shinkuu Hadouken right now
- Dash recovery is too long. You can keep the stop animation, but give him ctrl back before it's over
- Evil Ryu SHP still has Akuma's sleeves
- Evil Ryu EX Shoryuken seems like it has too many sounds playing at the same time
- Ryusokyaku (light and medium) needs stomping sounds. It's too gentle
- Close hard punch causes a million frames of hitstun. Intentional? Also has more pushback than other normals of that type
- Jumping attacks, when blocked, should have the same block stun and pushback as the respective ground normals
- Power Charge particle effects are misaligned. Possibly the number one thing people miss in these chars
- Crazy idea: give us Shin Shoryuken at point blank instead of max distance
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#3  April 01, 2022, 11:58:49 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Yeah I don't think he's too problematic, but the Tatsumaki's super weird in the audio department when it uses punch hitsounds which are easily cut off.

Another thing that could help would be cherry-topping him with the Alpha/MvC voice. It would feel more right if he did. Not sure how to explain it.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#4  April 02, 2022, 12:00:42 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Little feedback for Ikemen:

- Have a little palette error If you select the big portrait with animation.
#5  April 02, 2022, 04:10:23 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Welp, thank you all for the feedback you provided. Ryu is reuploaded with some fixes you mentioned.
Also, I now added his Win Quotes from SFA3. But I decided not to give him personal win quotes, kinda because this Ryu is a small time, I kinda expect him to be much more neiche than my other chars. So, I'll leave things like this to a big and scary KarmaCharmelion's CvS sprites Ryu, this one WILL need them.
And, as a bonus that took my whole weekend day away: new Sound packs: SF4+ English, SF4+ Japanese and SFA3 mixed with MvC. CvS pack is still there by default though, so it's up for you to pick the one you need.

It's hard to give feedback on some things that doesn't just end up being to make things the way I did, but here goes:

BIG list goes here.

Thanks a bunch, pal! Unfortunately, though, some of that I'll have to defend.
-You see, it might not be the most correct way of doing it, but all velocity-concerned stuff in this Ryu, like speed of Hadokens, Tatsumakis, Long Jumps, are more-or-less SFA3 accurate for his 1:1 size. I bet, if you'll set xscale to 1 and change his localCoord to make him smaller in the system itself (I prefer 320, seems accurate enough to SFA3 itself), you'll see it.
-Some stuff, like Hadoken's Recovery length, Hadoken Red CLSN, Evil Ryu not having airborne Hadoken and Close HP being hefty in hitstun are, again, problems of accuracy. That's the CLSN his Hadokens have in SFA3, the animation timings and hitstuns of his standing and crouching attacks are handcounted frame by frame, thank God for FB Alpha and its features.
-Everything sprite-related is not up my alley: I'm not a spriter here, and God sees it, I'll never be really good in it. His Joudan sprties are stolen from Reu's Evil Ryu, and Akuma's HP is a long time walker here. I never actually saw any edit of this animation that actually changed the sleeves.
-About misalligned dust on EX Tatsumaki and Senpu Kyaku xx Tatsumaki: can I ask you to elaborate, please?
-Funny thing is, Evil Ryu's walking speed didn't come outta nowhere. While making Evil Mode, I heavily relied on his USF4 balance and its comparacion to USF4 Normal Ryu. The speed you see right now is proportional to Ryu's SFA3 walking speed in the same way Evil's walking speed is proportional to Normal Ryu's. The same philosophy is used for his framedata and some animation timings.
-His small portrait has no alien colors in the hair. I mean, I CSed that stuff, I know what's happening there. The problem is, it might look wrong because the original was 20x25 portrait, meaning I had to fill the empty space manually. Another proof of me being a genuis spriter.
-Well, if you'll ask me, I think Unblockable Denjin is working out just fine: for it to actually become dangerous, Ryu needs to change it to LVL4 at least, when it stuns. Other than that, using it with any lesser charge is just waste of gauge (the same Shinkuu Hadoken does the STABLE damage, even if it's blockable). And even using it as a way to weasel out of the punishment or to deal the damage through the block isn't really a good idea: Denjin leaves you at neutral if done with no charge (meaning you MIGHT be able to block the incoming attack, but you won't know what'll enemy throw at you, maybe he'll go for SGS), and canceling it into LVL2 means getting in less than raw damage of LVL2 at the cost of LVL3 (not the best exchange either, but still a way to go).
-Again about angled Hadokens: Ryu won't be getting them. I still have plans to update my Ken (the similar deal, SFA sprites on the Template we all know and love), with pretty custom Evil Mode. THAT'S where Angled Hadoken will go (my basic idea for Evil design here is that while Ryu got Akuma's powerhouse moves, like Shakunetsu Hadoken or heavily buffed Shoryuken, Ken will get his Mobility moves, like Airbourne Hadoken and Demon Flip). So, I'll need it there to create a difference.
-Yes, I know his Metsu Hadoken is a bit underwhelming compared to CvS and your versions. But I just wanted to give some love to USF4 version of if, and that's, basically, how it worked there. So, I guess, there is nothing really bad in having a LVL3 Shinkuu Hadoken.
-EX Shoryuken sounds are intended: the sound spam, albeit short, actually creates that chaotic lightning feeling. At least, IMHO.
-Dash Dusts, Power Charge particles, Denjin Redizzy and problems with grabbing a stunned opponent are fixed. Parry CLSNs are re-alligned, made Tatsumaki multihit in CC (but because I such at understanding CC and damage dampener it does a sucky-wacky) and applied your suggestion for dash ctrl. For the rest though I'll think later, I'm tired as hell today.
Once again, thanks for a feedback!

Yeah I don't think he's too problematic, but the Tatsumaki's super weird in the audio department when it uses punch hitsounds which are easily cut off.

Fixed it. Kinda strange I didn't notice it myself that his Tatsumaki does punch sounds and that whoosh sounds chop them off a bit.

- Have a little palette error If you select the big portrait with animation.

Sorry, Akito, but this one isn't up my alley. I don't really mess with IKEMEN, so I don't know, what IS the problem, what could cause it and how to fix it.
Edit: just got consulted by a friend. This is fixed by re-saving his SFF into 1.1 version. THAT I'll leave up to you, because it's not really a good idea to make a 1.1 SFF for 1.0 character that is standalone.
Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:53:52 pm by Trololo
#6  April 02, 2022, 05:08:54 pm
    • Portugal
Thanks a bunch, pal! Unfortunately, though, some of that I'll have to defend.
-You see, it might not be the most correct way of doing it, but all velocity-concerned stuff in this Ryu, like speed of Hadokens, Tatsumakis, Long Jumps, are more-or-less SFA3 accurate for his 1:1 size. I bet, if you'll set xscale to 1 and change his localCoord to make him smaller in the system itself (I prefer 320, seems accurate enough to SFA3 itself), you'll see it.
I don't agree with that way of doing it, but if it's intentional it's cool.

-Some stuff, like Hadoken's Recovery length, Hadoken Red CLSN, Evil Ryu not having airborne Hadoken and Close HP being hefty in hitstun are, again, problems of accuracy. That's the CLSN his Hadokens have in SFA3, the animation timings and hitstuns of his standing and crouching attacks are handcounted frame by frame, thank God for FB Alpha and its features.
Sorry but, assuming they came from SFA3 Turbo, I think all those points (except air Hadouken of course) are inaccurate. I'm not trying to be a jerk so I can show it to you if you want.

-About misalligned dust on EX Tatsumaki and Senpu Kyaku xx Tatsumaki: can I ask you to elaborate, please?
Dust: If Ryu is on P1's side, you can see that the dust is a little to the right compared to Ryu.
Senpu Kyaku xx Tatsumaki: I meant it's weird that he can stay that long in the air. SK XX EX Tatsu works visually, but SK xx Regular Tatsu doesn't IMO

-His small portrait has no alien colors in the hair. I mean, I CSed that stuff, I know what's happening there. The problem is, it might look wrong because the original was 20x25 portrait, meaning I had to fill the empty space manually. Another proof of me being a genuis spriter.
It's hard to notice in most palettes because of the glove colors, but if you pick Master Ryu you can see some red from the gloves in his hair.

-Well, if you'll ask me, I think Unblockable Denjin is working out just fine: for it to actually become dangerous, Ryu needs to change it to LVL4 at least, when it stuns. Other than that, using it with any lesser charge is just waste of gauge (the same Shinkuu Hadoken does the STABLE damage, even if it's blockable). And even using it as a way to weasel out of the punishment or to deal the damage through the block isn't really a good idea: Denjin leaves you at neutral if done with no charge (meaning you MIGHT be able to block the incoming attack, but you won't know what'll enemy throw at you, maybe he'll go for SGS), and canceling it into LVL2 means getting in less than raw damage of LVL2 at the cost of LVL3 (not the best exchange either, but still a way to go).
Well I'm no saint either because I left it unblockable in mine for what, around 17 years? :laugh:
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#7  April 02, 2022, 07:22:51 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
With everything mentioned above; I will say, I've kept your Ken and Ryu respectively in my main roster for quite some time; as thhe "younger variants", what you've done with these updates to me at least, is wonderful so far ... there are those aforementioned bugs and various issues here and there, but overall I'm enjoying this; and I hope to see you continue updating and working on him!  Really cool stuff!

Also, as I did read quite a bit; but not all above ... I will say Evil Ryu's teleports feel ... very fast.
#8  April 03, 2022, 10:01:21 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Well, it's not even as intentional, as collateral. I kinda did the same thing with Cody previously, and it did work out, so I didn't see much need to fix it here too.

Sorry but, assuming they came from SFA3 Turbo, I think all those points (except air Hadouken of course) are inaccurate. I'm not trying to be a jerk so I can show it to you if you want.
Yeah, you're right here. I'm referring to Turbo 1 of SFA3 here. I know, it can NOT be entirely accurate because it skips every 7th frame, meaning animations can be different with different moment ot pause and frame skipping used. But, funny, it actually works in out favor here: if I'd refer Normal Speed, all the abovementioned stuff would take even longer. But I'd still like to ask your opinion if referring Normal Speed is actually better than Turbos.

Dust: If Ryu is on P1's side, you can see that the dust is a little to the right compared to Ryu.
Senpu Kyaku xx Tatsumaki: I meant it's weird that he can stay that long in the air. SK XX EX Tatsu works visually, but SK xx Regular Tatsu doesn't IMO
Dust: well, it's funny, because when set on pause it looks fine. I guess, it's looks like that because SFA animation of Tatsumaki isn't as centrical as it is in later games. I still referred here and placed it a bit to his left, I hope the position is good enough.
XX Tatsumaki: you know, thanks for insisting on it being a problem! I just found out that I done goofed with their execution overall: while physics is in the same broken state, I somehow failed to notice it's ALWAYS a 2-hitter, and that only HK version knocks the enemy down, and even there its hitvels are closer to Normal Ryu's Tatsu than by Evil Ryu's/Akuma's. The problem is reviewed.

It's hard to notice in most palettes because of the glove colors, but if you pick Master Ryu you can see some red from the gloves in his hair.
Well, it might look like that because Ryu's hair has the same tones of red as his gloves there. But again, CS palette tells us a whole story. As you can see, in palette with glove colors like THESE they would be easily seen if they would be in the hair.

Well I'm no saint either because I left it unblockable in mine for what, around 17 years? :laugh:
Yes, you sure did. Once again, welcome back aboard. Can't wait to see your next character when the time will come. Any plans on reviving that Ken?
Also, I gave a thought about sounds for Unique Moves and about Metsu Shoryuken stuff. Decided to follow your suggestion about the first one (hope I got the right sound), but I have to refuse for the second one. I KNOW it looks off, but you know, this whole scene not only is a re-state of the fact THAT'S how Ryu put that scar on Sagat, but kinda works like a direct reference to that exact scene from "SF2: the Animated Movie" (and THIS was NOT intended). So, yeah, now that I see it this way I can't bring myself to edit this out... xD

With everything mentioned above; I will say, I've kept your Ken and Ryu respectively in my main roster for quite some time; as thhe "younger variants", what you've done with these updates to me at least, is wonderful so far ... there are those aforementioned bugs and various issues here and there, but overall I'm enjoying this; and I hope to see you continue updating and working on him!  Really cool stuff!

Also, as I did read quite a bit; but not all above ... I will say Evil Ryu's teleports feel ... very fast.

Thanks for kinda words. Good to see some people REALLY use the Alpha versions here. And, well, my work with them will continue for as long as I won't be fine with them (with Ken I'm still not fine, so he will be updated someday, who knows how long will it take with my tempo of work).
And yes, it might be pretty fast. Have to say, here I used the values of DS's Akuma, but after later comparing them to SFA3 Max, I can say they're roughly the same speeds, so, yeah...
At any rate, Ryu is updated again, with small stuff mentioned above.
#9  April 03, 2022, 10:39:17 am
    • Portugal
Yeah, you're right here. I'm referring to Turbo 1 of SFA3 here. I know, it can NOT be entirely accurate because it skips every 7th frame, meaning animations can be different with different moment ot pause and frame skipping used. But, funny, it actually works in out favor here: if I'd refer Normal Speed, all the abovementioned stuff would take even longer. But I'd still like to ask your opinion if referring Normal Speed is actually better than Turbos.
Oh, I've always based everything in Turbo 1 too. Normal feels like playing underwater. But, for the arcade version of SFA3 at least, Turbo skips approximately every 5th frame.

I don't think that was the problem though, because your normal hitstun is even longer than in Normal speed.

Going back to the things from earlier:
-Some stuff, like Hadoken's Recovery length
You have 54 frames of total animation, whereas SFA3 uses 57, 58 or 59 (LMH versions) in Normal, which is about 46, 47, 48 in Turbo.

Hadoken Red CLSN
https://imgur.com/a/05rArT6
We can thank Jesuszilla for that one, but Capcom always does it more or less like that. The hitbox you used is probably from the first frames, which is made wider to ensure the fireball doesn't miss at point blank.

Close HP being hefty in hitstun
In Winkawaks I count 22 frames of hitstun in Normal (18 in Turbo) while you gave it 26.

Well, it might look like that because Ryu's hair has the same tones of red as his gloves there. But again, CS palette tells us a whole story. As you can see, in palette with glove colors like THESE they would be easily seen if they would be in the hair.
That completely clarified it.

SNT

#10  April 03, 2022, 01:19:36 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Solid stuff. I've been out of the scene for a while, but I remember someone working on a CPS2 Ryu ages ago, framing it as a KOF-style Another Ryu. Was that you?

Also this is kind of a petty fix, but the readme currently has Evil Ryu's Shakunetsu as a QCF instead of a QCB.
#11  April 03, 2022, 01:36:55 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
You have 54 frames of total animation, whereas SFA3 uses 57, 58 or 59 (LMH versions) in Normal, which is about 46, 47, 48 in Turbo.
OK, I'll recheck that tomorrow.

https://imgur.com/a/05rArT6
We can thank Jesuszilla for that one, but Capcom always does it more or less like that. The hitbox you used is probably from the first frames, which is made wider to ensure the fireball doesn't miss at point blank.
Shit, I actually have it different... I guess, I really changed it because on 1:1 scaling it wasn't too comfortable to use like that. But I DID initially use the similar proportions, why I thought I still use them. Sorry for wasting your time here, I'll fix it, especially since now, with 0.8:1 it actually work stably enough.

In Winkawaks I count 22 frames of hitstun in Normal (18 in Turbo) while you gave it 26.
Hm. Maybe this whole situation is a misunderstanding between us?
You see, I much already explained that I even tried to recreate frame advantages for attacks I could, and funny thing is, despite you mentioning I use very long hitstun, the Training by Stupa tells me, that on hit the Close HP has -1 advantage.

I rechecked that on the emulator, there enemy recovers (aka enters the stance) one frame faster than Ryu, meaning Ryu's Close HP in the game is -1 on hit too. Maybe you can elaborate on what exactly is the hitstun you mention here? Do you mean the "ground.hitTime" parameter here?

Solid stuff. I've been out of the scene for a while, but I remember someone working on a CPS2 Ryu ages ago, framing it as a KOF-style Another Ryu. Was that you?

Also this is kind of a petty fix, but the readme currently has Evil Ryu's Shakunetsu as a QCF instead of a QCB.
Thanks. And no, the only Another Ryu I know it Ryon's. It fits the bill too, because it's SFA sprited. Also, he has a lot of custom sprites, like different Shoryuken, SF EX Tatsumaki, SF3 Tatsumaki and ets. If that rings any bells, then it's Ryon's (at least it says so in the authorname).
And yes, I'll fix that in ReadMe.
Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 02:14:26 pm by Trololo
#12  April 03, 2022, 06:14:07 pm
    • Portugal
Maybe you can elaborate on what exactly is the hitstun you mention here? Do you mean the "ground.hitTime" parameter here?
Sorry, I should've just said ground.hittime because that's exactly what hit stun is. In your screenshots it's about from https://imgur.com/eDAfyL1 to https://imgur.com/2Z5XIK7, which is about 18 frames.

Hm. Maybe this whole situation is a misunderstanding between us?
You see, I much already explained that I even tried to recreate frame advantages for attacks I could, and funny thing is, despite you mentioning I use very long hitstun, the Training by Stupa tells me, that on hit the Close HP has -1 advantage.

I rechecked that on the emulator, there enemy recovers (aka enters the stance) one frame faster than Ryu, meaning Ryu's Close HP in the game is -1 on hit too.
I guess adjusting the hittime is one way to achieve the frame advantage you want, but I personally like to have standard light, medium and hard Hitdefs and adjust the animation timings instead, which is how Capcom did it before SF4.

In this particular case, I think the issue is that your animation timings for close hard punch are wrong. This one is 35 frames total in Normal (around 28 in Turbo), while you have it as 32. I can send you the guidebook where I get this from if you want.

Another thing I just noticed is that close medium or hard punch xx Shoryuken doesn't hit.
#13  April 04, 2022, 04:12:42 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
Well, it's not even as intentional, as collateral. I kinda did the same thing with Cody previously, and it did work out, so I didn't see much need to fix it here too.

Dust: well, it's funny, because when set on pause it looks fine. I guess, it's looks like that because SFA animation of Tatsumaki isn't as centrical as it is in later games. I still referred here and placed it a bit to his left, I hope the position is good enough.
XX Tatsumaki: you know, thanks for insisting on it being a problem! I just found out that I done goofed with their execution overall: while physics is in the same broken state, I somehow failed to notice it's ALWAYS a 2-hitter, and that only HK version knocks the enemy down, and even there its hitvels are closer to Normal Ryu's Tatsu than by Evil Ryu's/Akuma's. The problem is reviewed.

Yes, you sure did. Once again, welcome back aboard. Can't wait to see your next character when the time will come. Any plans on reviving that Ken?
Also, I gave a thought about sounds for Unique Moves and about Metsu Shoryuken stuff. Decided to follow your suggestion about the first one (hope I got the right sound), but I have to refuse for the second one. I KNOW it looks off, but you know, this whole scene not only is a re-state of the fact THAT'S how Ryu put that scar on Sagat, but kinda works like a direct reference to that exact scene from "SF2: the Animated Movie" (and THIS was NOT intended). So, yeah, now that I see it this way I can't bring myself to edit this out... xD

Thanks for kinda words. Good to see some people REALLY use the Alpha versions here. And, well, my work with them will continue for as long as I won't be fine with them (with Ken I'm still not fine, so he will be updated someday, who knows how long will it take with my tempo of work).
And yes, it might be pretty fast. Have to say, here I used the values of DS's Akuma, but after later comparing them to SFA3 Max, I can say they're roughly the same speeds, so, yeah...
At any rate, Ryu is updated again, with small stuff mentioned above.

Fantastic and thank you for the reply I’m looking forward to seeing the tweaks also questioning whether or not you may one day do Akuma himself or even and bison in the style I absolutely cannot express how awesome these are
#14  April 04, 2022, 11:10:57 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
In this particular case, I think the issue is that your animation timings for close hard punch are wrong. This one is 35 frames total in Normal (around 28 in Turbo), while you have it as 32. I can send you the guidebook where I get this from if you want.

Another thing I just noticed is that close medium or hard punch xx Shoryuken doesn't hit.
I see. Well, I'll try to adjust things for MP to connect Shoryuken. HP doesn't do that though.
And yes, a guide would be good. Any info about SFA3 is really appreciated, especially because of lack of thereof.

Fantastic and thank you for the reply I’m looking forward to seeing the tweaks also questioning whether or not you may one day do Akuma himself or even and bison in the style I absolutely cannot express how awesome these are

There are 3 things you never ask:
-You never ask a woman about her age.
-You never ask a man about his salary.
-You never ask Trololo about what he is going to do next. This guy right here never knows what he'll get a whim to do next, and even more he doesn't know if it will even survive to see a release. Ryu was lucky enough, even though I took several breaks on him.
If we're talking hypothetically though, Bison sounds interesting, but I don't really feel it either. My head tells me I finally need to update Charlie (for him not to be such a leach off P.o.T.S.'s version, kek), my heart tells me that a kinda customized version of Enja from SamSho would be great, but it might end up being something entirely else. So, no expectations from me, OK? xD
#15  April 04, 2022, 04:43:02 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA

I see. Well, I'll try to adjust things for MP to connect Shoryuken. HP doesn't do that though.
And yes, a guide would be good. Any info about SFA3 is really appreciated, especially because of lack of thereof.

There are 3 things you never ask:
-You never ask a woman about her age.
-You never ask a man about his salary.
-You never ask Trololo about what he is going to do next. This guy right here never knows what he'll get a whim to do next, and even more he doesn't know if it will even survive to see a release. Ryu was lucky enough, even though I took several breaks on him.
If we're talking hypothetically though, Bison sounds interesting, but I don't really feel it either. My head tells me I finally need to update Charlie (for him not to be such a leach off P.o.T.S.'s version, kek), my heart tells me that a kinda customized version of Enja from SamSho would be great, but it might end up being something entirely else. So, no expectations from me, OK? xD

Hey fair enough man!  Do you!
#16  April 05, 2022, 07:38:40 pm
- Shinku Tatsumaki helpers (vacuum helpers) can get hit and spawn a Ryu that disappears. You're missing a NotHitBy in their states.
- You forgot me in the credits for the sprites, like the knee attack (close medium kick) and the dodge. No big deal, just thought I should tell you.
- Speaking of sprites, I'm sure Balthazar made the Joudan Sokuto Geri (Donkey Kick) sprites better than what you're using (I'm guessing Reu's?).
- Any hitsound can be cancelled with another attack, even if it doesn't connect. It's easier to notice with Custom Combo but even just doing two light punches (and whiffing the second) does that.
- If you're quick enough, if you throw the c.MP twice, the second will not connect. Easier to get this problem in Custom Combo, but it's possible without it too.
- He can get power from any special move while in Custom Combo.
- The EX Hadouken, Shakunetsu and the different levels of Shinku Hadouken have shadow when they get parried/when they hit.
Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 08:39:33 pm by AlexSin
#17  April 06, 2022, 11:56:17 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
- Shinku Tatsumaki helpers (vacuum helpers) can get hit and spawn a Ryu that disappears. You're missing a NotHitBy in their states.
- You forgot me in the credits for the sprites, like the knee attack (close medium kick) and the dodge. No big deal, just thought I should tell you.
- Speaking of sprites, I'm sure Balthazar made the Joudan Sokuto Geri (Donkey Kick) sprites better than what you're using (I'm guessing Reu's?).
- Any hitsound can be cancelled with another attack, even if it doesn't connect. It's easier to notice with Custom Combo but even just doing two light punches (and whiffing the second) does that.
- If you're quick enough, if you throw the c.MP twice, the second will not connect. Easier to get this problem in Custom Combo, but it's possible without it too.
- He can get power from any special move while in Custom Combo.
- The EX Hadouken, Shakunetsu and the different levels of Shinku Hadouken have shadow when they get parried/when they hit.

Crap, that's some solid feedback right here.
-It seems, I made a mistake there, and instead of NotHitBy I used HitBy. Fixed.
-See, that's exactly what I meant in the same ReadMe. If you're making a character with big breaks in between, like I do, you tend to forget some things when it's time to make a ReadMe. Added you in the credits.
-Well, TBH, I like Reu's version more. While Balthazar's is fairly good too, Reu's is just plain closer to SFA, IMHO. The only thing it kinda lacks is smear frame, but that is not something we can't survive without.
-That's weird, it doesn't happen for me. Tested it both on 1.0 and 1.1, HitSound does not get interrupted for me, whiffing the second jab doesn't cut off the HitSPund of the first one.
-Well, TBH, it was intended, because I wasn't sure if MP was supposed to cancel into MP. But yeah, I didn't think the way I cut this thing off would affect CC. Besides, SF4's trials say that you can CMP into CMP, so, I guess, I'll recton that one.
-Thanks. It seems I forgot about  "* !var(20)" in poweradd part of StateDefs. Fixed.
-Fixed.
Ryu is reuploaded with mentioned stuff. Unfortunately, though, no review of timings P.o.T.S. suggested yet, kinda trying to figure out the math here. xD
#18  April 12, 2022, 09:23:20 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
YESS!! Thanks, Trololo!! :yippi:

It's been 7 years... Thank you very much for Evil Ryu

Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 09:10:32 pm by Emerie The Goat
#19  April 14, 2022, 08:50:23 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Heh. Nice videos. Thanks, pal! Why didn't you replace the small portrait though? He has the alt for Evil Ryu in the folder (though it's not even remotely perfect, had to use what I could).
Also, they kinda show how much of an ass is AI for this guy. Really needs more work... I just can't understand, I pick the ranges for moves' use perfectly, I measure it up with the help of AppendToClipboard with P2dist X being one of its parameters, and I test it all on KFM, with his thin hitboxes, meaning for characters with wider hitboxes it shall work even better. Why do they all always mash the hits long before the face of opponent for me? Do I miss something? Does it not count the distances between characters' AXIS Points?
#20  April 14, 2022, 11:49:54 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
I didn't see the small port until today :laugh3:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(