YesNoOk

Cvs2 ryu to cvs2 ken sprite conversion. I'll pay $$$$ (Read 3110 times)

Started by henrynugen, December 02, 2010, 05:51:16 PM
Share this topic:
Cvs2 ryu to cvs2 ken sprite conversion. I'll pay $$$$
#1  December 02, 2010, 05:51:16 PM
Hi, my name is Henry and i'm creating a cvs2 char that is a mixture of cvs2 ken and ryu. This char has an accurate gameplay and moves from ryu and ken combined.

I need someone to convert some ryu sprites into ken so that i can finish the character. Just a few images, not the whole sprite sheet.  As this will take work, i'll pay for your time. If you know how to do it, send me an email and how much you want for each image conversion.

ricardojtjunior@yahoo.com

I'm not a designer, so I cannot do it myself ( believe me, i tried ). The converted images will be open source for anyone to use on their own projects. This is my last resort, if don't get any help i'll have to give up on this char that i've been doing for almost 1 year and a half.  Thanks.

There is no sprite edit involved, just color matching as the images bellow imply.

GT

Re: Cvs2 ryu to cvs2 ken sprite conversion. I'll pay $$$$
#2  December 02, 2010, 06:27:49 PM
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Do not pay someone to do this for you. You're just trying to get Ryu to have the same palette as Ken right? It'd be quite simple to pull off.

Before I start saying a bunch of stuff that's irrelevant I'd like to know if this is something along the lines of what you're trying to accomplish.

If I'm wrong then please explain further.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#3  December 02, 2010, 10:32:49 PM
I don't think it is simple cuz you have to change pixel by pixel. For instance, if you try to add a ryu pcx from pots into ken by warusaki, it will be all messed up because of pallete problems. There is also the blond hair issue. See the exemple below:

Just so you know, i'm not using warusaki sprites, it is just an exemple. I got my sprites from paodomugen.

Do you know now what i need to do? It is just to add some ryu sprites into my cvsRken spritesheet so that the palletes will match. And i'll be able to perform a move like shinshoryuken with my ken, for instance. All in all, it is just  color problem. If you can do this contact me please. I'm sure we can reach an agreement.

GT

#4  December 02, 2010, 10:39:12 PM
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Ok. You don't need to change it pixel by pixel. All you have to do is change the palette. The reason your palette looks messed up is because you tried to swap colors between two characters that have different color tables.

Making palettes is really easy, and you shouldn't be paying anyone for something that you can make in a couple of minutes.

Fighter Factory has a tool that allows you to take one color from a color table and transfer it to another color table(replacing the old color with whatever color you selected).

If you want I could make palettes for you, but that wouldn't help you to learn the process of palette making.
#5  December 03, 2010, 01:54:38 AM
Where can i learn this? I tried fighter factory function " apply the pallete on the image" but it did not work either.

GT

#6  December 03, 2010, 03:23:02 AM
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
That function is for batch conversions.
Here are Ryu & Ken. Respectively.

Make sure that the sprite of the person you're trying to switch colors too is in either PNG, BMP, or PCX format and the sprite you're getting the colors from is in either PCX or BMP format. (I'll explain later)
They've both been set to 256 colors (They do not share the same color palette. They've been indexed individually)

Next we load the Ryu sprite into Fighter Factory.

Press the canvas at the top to open up the palette editor.

Once you've done that press the red folder on the left[?] and look for the sprite of the person you want to take colors from (Ken). This will only accept BMP or PCX files.

Now touch the section of the sprite you want to take colors from (Ken's side) and on Ryu's side touch the section that you want to be changed.  (For this I selected the brightest color on Ken's Gi, and the brightest color on Ryu's Gi)

Now press the third arrow from the top (Transfer colors <= ) and it will shift the colors.