YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1221444 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO
#1701  August 29, 2020, 04:55:09 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Hi. I would like to be able to specify where the cursor goes after selecting a character in any of the team modes, would this be easy to implement?

So that it gives different char options for different team positions?
In other words limit what chars can be selected at one pos?
Currently is not posible.

But it could be useful for assist only chars.
Like Dengeki Bunko.
Or Card Saga Wars.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1702  August 29, 2020, 06:46:11 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
You could probably do that yes. But I just wanna do something like this:

After you select Jotaro

Your cursor goes back to 0,0 for the next selection.
#1703  August 29, 2020, 07:39:27 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
#1704  August 29, 2020, 06:27:19 pm
    • USA
The GLSL requirement did not increase.
It has always been version 1.5.
I fell like something is wrong with your drivers.

Still, I made so you can select the GLSL version 1.3 adding this:
Code:
"FontShaderVer": "130 core",
To the config file.

Thank you for helping.

Sorry that I got pissy in my last post. This has just been very frustrating for me. I like this engine and I want to keep using it.

Ok. So, I think you are right about the driver. This is really weird.

I tried IKEMEN GO on my Laptop which is a newer Intel Chip and it works just fine now. But, it is still giving the error message on my Desktop even when I switch to the GLSL 1.3 like you told me to. It's odd that the old version from May 18Th 2020 works on my Desktop and the new version doesn't. The engine broke on my Desktop on July 13Th of 2020; right around when the Pause Menu was implemented.

I will close the bug report as this does seem centered around my Desktop's chip and or driver and changes made between May 18Th 2020 and July 13Th 2020.
Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 09:32:07 pm by EVILED
#1705  September 07, 2020, 10:11:10 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
I've been curious to ask but I wasn't sure if there was a simple way to set up specific matches for each character's arcade mode, I know that you can make it so it pools characters of a certain order so it can only pick from something like order=1,2, etc. Or the specific rival match where you can do something like 1={kfm[, 2={suavedude}. I just wanted to make it so that in arcade mode it only allows certain characters for specific encounters in groups, so someone like Ryu can only fight Ken/Kyo/Wolverine on a specific round. I don't necessarily want to make teams as someone mentioned on the previous page, I just wanted it so it narrows down each fight to only like 2-3 people possible per stage and then randomly select 1 of those few I add.

I was trying to see if adding multiple rivals with the same number ex. 1={ Ken},1={ Kyo},1={ KFM} but that just prioritizes whoever is further to the right with the value it seems.

rivals param will be removed in the next major version. This system will be used instead: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki/wip
It allows to implement stuff you've requested (and what RagingRowen requested here, and pretty much whatever you can think of).

OK this is a potentially game breaking idea or a major game changing idea. Has anyone played a coop tag arcade mode and went up against a team of 4 Ai characters well wouldn't it be nice that player 1 has characters 1 and 3 and player 2 has 2 and 4  and they could tag out between those characters I feel it'd add a more of strategic approach to certain modes especially if Boss Rush comes back.
not sure if I understand. If you mean 2 human players using tag or simul mode against cpu than that's already implemented (team coop). Mode in which 2 players use tag against each other also already exists (team versus). If you mean more than 2 human players fighting each other in tag or simul than that will be available in next major release (versus coop mode)

edit: also Boss Rush doesn't have to come back, it never went anywhere. See select.def boss character param description.

Ok I meant  Human Player 1 and human player 1 second option, human player 2 and human player 2 second option versus 4 cpu characters.
({1,1}, {2,2} vs. {Cpu,Cpu}, {Cpu,Cpu}) also can I get a select example of how to implement a boss character in my ikemen there is no boss rush mode will it appear when I set a character to boss or will I have to code it back in.
#1706  September 07, 2020, 09:30:51 pm
    • Mexico
Can portraits be swapped in tag mode?

I mean, I know that the portraits are relocated when the tag is produced, but assuming that the portrait of the character that is battling is 9000.5 and that of the inactive character is 9000.4, can these exchange number when the tag is produced?

The idea would be that when changing, the portrait of the incoming character becomes the main portrait, going from 9000.4 (Inactive Potrait) to 9000.5 (Main Portrait) instead of just repositioning itself.
Is that possible?
Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 09:38:37 pm by Krosx
#1707  September 09, 2020, 05:04:47 am
are you looking at the possibility of a waiting state as far as the picture and an active state when the character is active?
#1708  September 09, 2020, 07:37:03 am
are you looking at the possibility of a waiting state as far as the picture and an active state when the character is active?
Fauxcry, once again I don't understand what you're suggesting. And the clarification for the first request made it even more confusing to me.

Can portraits be swapped in tag mode?
no. They are automatically swapped in tag (only if the tag code uses TagIn/TagOut sctrls), but there is no way to assign different sprite numbers for active and standby characters.
Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 04:25:48 pm by K4thos
#1709  September 09, 2020, 02:57:14 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Hello guys. Recently I've read more about IKEMEN and I liked it.
I took a read at your wip post and I have a doubt about this:

custom Arcade Paths (for e.g. with rival matches, Simul battles mixed alongside Single, hidden bosses, branching paths etc.)
Story Mode Arcs (selectable from main menu as part of Story Mode, e.g. cinematic stories where author decides exactly who the player fights as in each match, against who, with multiple storyboards displayed along the way)

Is there any plan to support custom number of rounds per fight?
For example, I want to include a bonus game between normal fights of 2 rounds, but I want to make that bonus game a 1 round only (think about SF2 car bonus).

Is that possible?
It would be good if there could be a header command in the character .def which tells the engine how many rounds the character needs to lose to be a match over.
#1710  September 09, 2020, 03:28:30 pm
#1711  September 10, 2020, 12:30:14 am
  • The Endless
  • 6P-$PXK_mEN3""Xz
    • USA
There is a folder named mods in the external folder.
What is it for?
_EXC-Progression[ 703 ]
#1712  September 10, 2020, 06:56:13 pm
You could probably do that yes. But I just wanna do something like this:

After you select Jotaro

Your cursor goes back to 0,0 for the next selection.
while this is not possible without editing lua files (and I honestly don't see what's the point in this, are there even commercial games that works like this?) the next major build will have a new toggle in options titled "Team duplicates", which if disabled, prevents selecting the same character more than once to the same team and automatically moves cursor to the next available position (already selected slots are jump over by cursor)

There is a folder named mods in the external folder.
What is it for?
It's a default directory for upcoming feature that will allow to load external Lua modules (scripts). Not used for anything yet.
#1713  September 11, 2020, 02:50:11 am
Ok first post: Say you want to play co-op arcade or co-op survival with the tag feature except you can actually pick 4 characters between the two people playing. Player 1 has Ryu and Chun Li. Player 2 has Goku and Terry Bogard. Player 1 can Tag between Ryu and Chun Li via tag and Player 2 can do the same with Goku and Terry Bogard. The CPU Characters will have the same tag ability.

---[side note: if anybody remembers street fighter alpha 3 dramatic battle with this feature there will definitely be alot of those where your skill with the character will make a difference so is raises the strategic fun in matching up the right characters and the randomness of the cpu characters team cohesion. I don't know if its a rumor or not and haven't went through this thread in it's entirety to find out but if there is going to be an option in the coming future with a 4 player as in 4 xbox remotes one ikemen this tag feature would be a nice addition to whats already there.]

Second post: I was asking if K4thos was asking if when you swap between characters if there is a different sprite used for the their portrait by the lifebar.
Example: When they are active the sprite is a grimace or an excited expression and when they are on standby they have an annoyed or worried look.
Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 02:59:37 am by Fauxcry
#1714  September 11, 2020, 03:09:06 am
Ok first post: Say you want to play co-op arcade or co-op survival with the tag feature except you can actually pick 4 characters between the two people playing. Player 1 has Ryu and Chun Li. Player 2 has Goku and Terry Bogard. Player 1 can !Tag! between Ryu and Chun Li via tag and Player 2 can do the same with Goku and Terry Bogard. The CPU Characters will have the same tag ability.
I don't think it's a good idea. 2 tag teams controllable by different players, within a single team? Seems weird. Is there a game that works like this?

---[side note: if anybody remembers street fighter alpha 3 dramatic battle with this feature there will definitely be alot of those where your skill with the character will make a difference so is raises the strategic fun in matching up the right characters and the randomness of the cpu characters team cohesion. I don't know if its a rumor or not and haven't went through this thread in it's entirety to find out but if there is going to be an option in the coming future with a 4 player as in 4 xbox remotes one ikemen this tag feature would be a nice addition to whats already there.]
SFA3 dramatic battle is pretty much normal mugen simul mode. Arcade co-op mode already works like that for 2 human players. And next version will allow to have more than 2 human players in a simul/tag coop team (each controllable by separate local player, not the way you've suggested)
#1715  September 12, 2020, 05:32:16 am
When you asked what game works like this. I think EXACTLY if anything it would be a good mod for IKEMEN or a new mission mode called Gauntlet mode.
#1716  September 15, 2020, 06:28:51 pm
    • Brazil
interesting, so is this more than 2 human players stuff going to also be a thing on the network mode? i mean like well the lag might be horrible but y'know it could be still something
#1717  September 15, 2020, 09:51:38 pm
#1718  September 16, 2020, 12:12:12 am
    • Brazil
that's unfortunate

#1719  September 16, 2020, 08:44:14 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Currently the netcode is not made to support more than 2 players.
The netcode sends inputs.
And the input code is going to underwent heavy rework because the current implementation does not work as well as it could.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1720  September 17, 2020, 09:03:35 pm
But for local play granted you have the available attendants or for 2 people versus 4 Cpu combatants this could be a groundbreaking thing that sets ikemen apart in many ways from every game that has been created thus far. Sure it would be an ambitious project that may seem too broad to most but I would see it as an opportunity to make another class of fighting games think about how things have been rehashed for the past however many years surely there are bells and whistles and the graphics bump buy few bring something new and original. Even if the net code can't support this if in the future it can it wouldn't be that long of a wait because the pre-existing code would already be available for this mode.
Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 09:13:24 pm by Fauxcry