YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1221756 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#361  March 05, 2019, 07:49:54 am
@Gacel Thank you for the info, I tried and those "[Tag_3P Lifebar]" etc, does not work on any of the builds. I guess it is in the unreleased code from k4thos
#362  March 05, 2019, 01:19:11 pm
#363  March 05, 2019, 06:04:40 pm
#364  March 05, 2019, 07:17:31 pm
edit: wrong thread
Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 08:21:30 pm by junkerde
#365  March 05, 2019, 07:37:31 pm
I tried him in ikemen and mugen, so basically the only thing you can do is hit hte directional keys and CPU will activate and do a bunch of stuff. Its working fine for me on ikemen, what seems to be the specific issue you have? Working ok on my end.

you sure about that? I use IKEMEN plus go and when I try to play with that char, I see this error message:

#366  March 05, 2019, 07:39:37 pm
I tried him in ikemen and mugen, so basically the only thing you can do is hit hte directional keys and CPU will activate and do a bunch of stuff. Its working fine for me on ikemen, what seems to be the specific issue you have? Working ok on my end.

you sure about that? I use IKEMEN plus go and when I try to play with that char, I see this error message:

that's not ikemen Go plus, you are using an old Ikemen 0.3 with old ssz code. The new one uses google's golang and that is what this thread is about. It is quite confusing because there are so many ikements out there, but you have to download the latest Ikemen Go Plus in the thread. It should work then.
#367  March 05, 2019, 07:42:09 pm
that's not ikemen Go plus, you are using an old Ikemen 0.3 with old ssz code. The new one uses google's golang and that is what this thread is about. It is quite confusing because there are so many ikements out there, but you have to download the latest Ikemen Go Plus in the thread. It should work then.

can you provide me the link of the exact one you are using pls?
#368  March 05, 2019, 08:21:14 pm

can you provide me the link of the exact one you are using pls?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/97hgvaxyh2j4n2p/Ikemen+GO+Plus.zip
#369  March 05, 2019, 08:21:39 pm
Ok I just had a thought/question, and if this is possible with luascript in the current state of Ikemen or would this have to be changed in the source code?

We all know transformations are hard to code and implement because of custom states, but what if we could make it easier by being able to REPLACE characters on the fly IN-GAME to have the effect of transforming? I am not talking about tagteam, but entirely replacing your character  with a different character form on your roster during ingame battle.

For example, you have Mario (from Nintendo) on your character select screen and you also have a FIRE MARIO character on your select screen. In game, what if we could transform Mario to FIRE MARIO by swapping/replacing them INGAME? Maybe in select.def, there is syntax like:

Code:
SuperMario, form1=FireMario

Then Ikemen will autoload that form if you select Mario, and if you click a certain key, Mario will switch with FIREMARIO and "transform" to that character ingame. I think this would also really help DragonBallZ characters. Would this be a complicated thing to accomplish? Because what this would do is make it easier to implement TRANSFORMATIONS in mugen by not having issues with being in custom states, since they exist as an entirely different character file. Thoughts?
#370  March 05, 2019, 08:47:15 pm
    • USA
I like the way Kof Zillion does it, though you mean in game(fight). I know my say doesn't mean much, but hard doesn't mean impossible. Not even limited to full game, though easier.. You can add a var to control your custom states via common1. If you don't want to edit your entire roster though nvm :/. Being able to switch sff on the fly huh.
#371  March 05, 2019, 09:16:17 pm
Being able to switch sff on the fly huh.

yeah that, plus just the entire character in general. I mean it's not really "transforming" in the basic sense, but it gives off the effect of transformations, without having to change my common1 or do a bunch of other things just to get it correct. And without having to add a crapload of sprites into 1 sff. For now I can only see this happening if the character has a new statedef in tehir file that calls for this change even if something like this is implemented, but it should be pretty simple (statechange wise) or so
Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 10:19:59 pm by junkerde
#372  March 05, 2019, 10:19:15 pm
    • USA
So basically more things to be automated? Hmm. Have any of you messed with screen-bound? Does it work as intended? Sometimes it feels as though it doesn't, might be stages though. Also which is the most updated version.
#373  March 05, 2019, 11:36:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I'd implement that as somekind of "invisible" tag, as doing it "on the fly" would pause the game when the transofrmation happens; at least the first time it does.
#374  March 05, 2019, 11:40:43 pm
I'd implement that as somekind of "invisible" tag, as doing it "on the fly" would pause the game when the transofrmation happens; at least the first time it does.

yep, this is exactly how I imagine it. Like it'll select the 2nd form as an invisible character, no lifebar or displayname, but it wont count as a team member. Then there would have to be some kind of statedef to trigger this. So probably in simple terms, ability to invisible select and invisible tag a character to "transform" into them.
#375  March 06, 2019, 06:13:55 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia

yep, this is exactly how I imagine it. Like it'll select the 2nd form as an invisible character, no lifebar or displayname, but it wont count as a team member. Then there would have to be some kind of statedef to trigger this. So probably in simple terms, ability to invisible select and invisible tag a character to "transform" into them.

The way that Ikemen load characters could make that posible.
But these characters must be loaded before the match starts.
(I'm not sure if would be posible to program character transform to any character in the roster)

To explain the internal way it could work (This is just speculation of the way someone could make it work)
It would not be a character transformation it would be 2 characters (Or more) connected by code.
And it needs a (Configurable) limit so it does not waste too much resources.
Imagine have loaded 50 Blazblue characters inside a match the use of resources would be through the roof.

But before we add these features to Ikemen we have to think about fix the font loading. (The reason why half of the screenpacks/lifebars does not work)

So basically more things to be automated? Hmm. Have any of you messed with screen-bound? Does it work as intended? Sometimes it feels as though it doesn't, might be stages though. Also which is the most updated version.

I think screenbound works in a different way that works in mugen when is widesceen.
Maybe later I will check what suehiro changed and what is the best way to screenbound to work.

EDIT

And now. It's time for a new release. (It's really the old code from Sunday compiled)
https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen_GO/releases

And as always the required mugen files.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i2u70ordfjqj186/Ikemen_Mugen_Files.zip

And I added the build instructions (For windows and linux) to the readme in the repo.
https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen_GO
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 06:35:52 am by Gacel
#376  March 06, 2019, 09:23:49 am

Wah..You are a Life saver! Now I can play with all of my fav chars abesnt issue. Btw, there are some chars that use high gfx while attacking (i.e. donald edits). While playing with them, the frame passes too slow on IKEMEN while I can play with them on mugen real smooth. I guess video setting from the options might be tricky for that purpose. Unfortunately I have no knowledge on that. So if you provide some fix would be so nice of you...you are an angel living among men 0:)
#377  March 06, 2019, 12:45:11 pm
If I was updating the engine I would fuse all of your branches into 1 its way more user friendly, gonna keep an eye on this.

A question as well, I have used ikemen and I dunno, how does it handle the little intricacies when it comes to mugen chars ? It felt a bit off when using some of the chars I've been using for years at this point.

I know mugen is closed source and you guys are doing your best to emulate it and its a teething period but I believe its still worth asking about.
#378  March 06, 2019, 04:01:39 pm

Wah..You are a Life saver! Now I can play with all of my fav chars abesnt issue. Btw, there are some chars that use high gfx while attacking (i.e. donald edits). While playing with them, the frame passes too slow on IKEMEN while I can play with them on mugen real smooth. I guess video setting from the options might be tricky for that purpose. Unfortunately I have no knowledge on that. So if you provide some fix would be so nice of you...you are an angel living among men 0:)

You should download Gacel's updated version he has above instead now, but Im not sure about that issue then, but yeah performance can be slower if you have older hardware
#379  March 06, 2019, 04:11:29 pm

A question as well, I have used ikemen and I dunno, how does it handle the little intricacies when it comes to mugen chars ? It felt a bit off when using some of the chars I've been using for years at this point

They've made some huge progress, but yes I do have the same feelings about just the little intracracies as well. Example, this code behaves differently in Ikemen GO, vs Mugen 1.0, 1.1 (this is during an attack in which the character's position can be moved if holding forward):

[State 12345]
type = VelAdd
trigger1 = command = "holdfwd"
x = 1.2

[State 12345]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = command = "holdfwd"
trigger1 = Vel X < 0
x = 0

In Ikemen the velocity is atleast 2x greater than it should be, but I think if we post examples it will give them a good idea of what some issues are at present. But I have full faith in their ability to fix things like this.

Also there is no "SPEED" option in the menu, for example Normal, Fast 1, Fast 2, etc. Ctrl + S toggles speed but its either to ofast or too slow, and you have to click keys every round.
Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:59:27 pm by junkerde
#380  March 06, 2019, 04:27:22 pm
The combat feels super fast and it lacks any sort of impact, maybe its the chars or something else. I'll fiddle around with it a bit more.