YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1221288 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#441  March 20, 2019, 04:08:30 am
Could you send the lifebar files?

yes I can; already sent to you through PM :)

I updated yet again the AI scaling. (Now I understand better how it works) Test now if it's better.
It still lacks movement AI so it just output random directions.

For now the current AI scaling formula is
Code:
rand(1, -11.25 * aiLevel + 165) = 1
For normal attacks

Code:
rand(0 , aiLevel / 2 + 32) > 32
For special attacks

ahh..can you help this noob by telling where to put these codes? moreover, I like to watch AI play rather than playing manually. thanks..
#442  March 20, 2019, 06:32:44 am
@Gacel I tried em out, I don't see a difference between 1 and 8 difficulty still, using non-ai characters. If you want me to send you a character for example I can send you one.
#443  March 21, 2019, 09:29:55 am
also I realized that many codes along with %n code doesn't work in Ikemen. I have two cheap chars; one is able to KO another in mugen 1.0 when there's no KO in Ikemen of those two same chars fighting. even we all know mugen doesn't support many cheap chars, that's the reason I migrated to Ikemen, yet its a sad part for me that despite of supporting almost all winmugen chars, Ikemen doesn't support all of their codes :( :(
#444  March 21, 2019, 02:45:30 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Pretty sure it's a good thing that IKEMEN doesn't support an engine exploit.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#445  March 21, 2019, 06:15:32 pm
good thing may be for you..but not for me
I collect chars from different sources..make AI playing with them...record the battle and upload to my youtube channel
now if my viewers see a cheap char able to defeat another cheap in winmugen, but is unable to defeat in my battle...what they think then?
they will think I cheat to make a winner or my engine isn't powerful enough to apply a char's full power advantage during the battle
so what should I do? you want me to tell them that yes I use Ikemen which doesn't suuport engine exploitation, and that's why cheap chars become weak (or dumb) in Ikemen !! that's ridiculous
I'll lose acceptability to my viewers and my earned reputation will go wasted...the thing I can't let it to be happened
unless Ikemen has that potential, I guess I better continue with mugen !!
I dont like winmugen because it's aspect ratio sucks in full screen mode...it stretches 4:3 screen to 16:9...and I don't like it at all
Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 06:27:46 pm by fisahas
#446  March 21, 2019, 09:25:34 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Oh no what a shame...?

If an application stretches to fit your screen when fullscreen'd, that's something you'll have to change in your GPU settings.

#447  March 21, 2019, 10:28:26 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
good thing may be for you..but not for me
I collect chars from different sources..make AI playing with them...record the battle and upload to my youtube channel
now if my viewers see a cheap char able to defeat another cheap in winmugen, but is unable to defeat in my battle...what they think then?
they will think I cheat to make a winner or my engine isn't powerful enough to apply a char's full power advantage during the battle
so what should I do? you want me to tell them that yes I use Ikemen which doesn't suuport engine exploitation, and that's why cheap chars become weak (or dumb) in Ikemen !! that's ridiculous
I'll lose acceptability to my viewers and my earned reputation will go wasted...the thing I can't let it to be happened
unless Ikemen has that potential, I guess I better continue with mugen !!
I dont like winmugen because it's aspect ratio sucks in full screen mode...it stretches 4:3 screen to 16:9...and I don't like it at all

also I realized that many codes along with %n code doesn't work in Ikemen. I have two cheap chars; one is able to KO another in mugen 1.0 when there's no KO in Ikemen of those two same chars fighting. even we all know mugen doesn't support many cheap chars, that's the reason I migrated to Ikemen, yet its a sad part for me that despite of supporting almost all winmugen chars, Ikemen doesn't support all of their codes :( :(

That's because is a data overflow that overwrites the other character data.
Because in Ikemen every character and helper is his own isolated object including that in the way that MUGEN does it is imposible. (Also because GOlang uses a garbage collector)
Also I'm not sure if include such a bug is a good idea.

About the stretches as PlasmoidThunder said, maybe it's you GPU settings?
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 05:35:59 pm by Gacel
#448  March 21, 2019, 11:15:36 pm
    • USA
so what should I do?
1.Make your own A.I.
2.Stop complaining that everything isn't automated to your preference.
3.Write your own workarounds, put the work in to have that quality.
All of which require some type of effort, so may not be interested.
#449  March 21, 2019, 11:20:20 pm
never been a fan of pure spectating mugen, and stuff such like salty bets, mugen can be better than a spectator machine, just my opinion. I for one support the removal of these bugs in ikemen. They don't have a place in Ikemen, winmugen/mugen is its own thing.
#450  March 21, 2019, 11:43:15 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Just something to put out there in the hopes someone might know how to fix it, but an issue from IKEMEN that has carried over to IKEMEN GO is the way certain commands are handled. Let's say for instance I wanted to do a Hadoken into a Shinku Hadoken, that'd require a total of three quarter-circles forward (one for the Hadoken and two for the Shinku Hadoken).

In MUGEN, doing it fast enough (determined by the time value for the motion in the cmd) lets you activate both with just two quarter-circles forward, as the quarter-circle from the Hadouken is read as half the command for the Shinku Hadoken, though it'll still activate even if you perform all three quarter-circles; in fact, you can perform as many quarter-circles as you'd like as long as MUGEN understands two of them have been input within the defined time given to perform the Shinku Hadoken motion.

In IKEMEN, you can also activate both with just two quarter-circles as long as they're input fast enough, but the problem is when you try to input them both quickly but individually (three quarter-circles), as there's this delay period after activating the Hadoken where the Shinku Hadoken just doesn't activate, regardless of however many quarter circles you perform; if you want to cancel the Hadoken into the Shinku Hadoken quickly, you have to perform the fast double quarter-circle or else the Shinku Hadoken just won't activate.

I'm awful at wording things, but it's like this:

MUGEN:
QCF P -> QCF P (if performed quick enough) = Hadoken into Shinku Hadoken.
QCF P -> QCF QCF P = Hadoken into Shinku Hadoken.
QCF P -> QCF QCF QCF QCF QCF QCF (you get the idea) P = Hadoken into Shinku Hadoken.

IKEMEN:
QCF P -> QCF P (if performed quick enough) = Hadoken into Shinku Hadoken.
QCF P -> QCF QCF P = Hadoken.
QCF P -> (delayed) QCF QCF P  = Hadoken into Shinku Hadoken.

This issue only occurs with motions of the same direction, so QCB P -> QCF QCF P will always activate both attacks without needing to delay the second motion.

Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:48:18 pm by PlasmoidThunder
#451  March 22, 2019, 05:34:49 am
  • The need situation makes the man
    • Mexico
    • www.facebook.com/mike.funkyman
Good evening friends

I only have a few questions/requests about ikemen
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First question: can I have support for midi playing
Using soundfonts (fluidsynth plugin)

Example of this

In the stage.def we use this synthax
Bgmusic= sound/liberathos.mid
Bgvolume =255
...}
    }

So, for example have somithing like this in
System.def or motif file:

Code:
Midiplay = true
MidiuseMicrosoftWavetable = false
Midiuseexternalsoundfont = true
GMSoundfont = data/cps2musicalinstruments.sf2
..}
    }

Or

Code:
Midiplay = true
MidiuseMicrosoftWavetable = false
Midiuseexternalsoundfont = true
GMSoundfont = data/neogeomusicalinstruments.sf2
..}
    }

So this means, that in system.def you can choose
The file of musical sounds/instruments that want
To be used on midi playing (remember point and click adventures and snes particular instrument sounds in each game)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second question
I know about the unlocking system
Using ranking, defeats, but I propose to
Expand this to using a custom sequence to
Unlock boss chars, for reference remember
Kof 95 when you unlock rugal and saisyu
With a button sequence (start, down b, up c, left, left, D and after to push that sequence appears rugal on select screen

Pseudo coding this example:

Your select.def have

Code:
Rugal95,stages/blacknoah.def, hidden =1, unlockable =1, unlocktype =ranking
...}
     }

And i want to:

Code:
Rugal95,stages/blacknoah.def, hidden =1, unlockable =1, unlocktype =buttonsequence
...}
     }

And paralel to this thing in system.def:
Code:
Fight = data/fight.def
Font = font/kof95.def
Titlebgm = sound/funky.mid
Selectbgm = sound/choosealterego.mid
Vsbgm = sound/confrontation.mid
Unlockingseq = data/bosschoose.cmd
..}
    }

So, this brings to the bosschoose.cmd file:

Code:
[Command]
name = "Rugal"
command =  Start, D, D, U, U, D, U
time = 1
}

And this cmd file is loaded simultaneously to the
select.def by the engine, so when you load that custom sequence you can unlock that character with that sequence of buttons
Other question
Can I allow to p2 push start on select screen when
I am in one player mode, or begin the arcade mode with player 2 and interrupt the game with player 1

Example:

Code:
[Arcade]
Selection
P1start = true
P2start = false
Originalplayer = P1
Cpuladder =true; the time when you play with
Player 1 side begin arcade mode
}
 }

Code:
[Arcade]
Selection
P1start = false
P2start = true
Originalplayer= P2
Cpuladder =true; the time when you begin the game with p2 player

}
 }

And

Code:
[Arcade]
Selection
P1start = true
P2start = true
Originalplayer = both
Initvsmode =true
Cpuladder = false
}
 }

And

Code:
[Arcade]
Selection
P1start = true
P2start = fase
Originalplayer = P1
Cpuladder =true
Undefiniedplayer interrupting = true
Gamepause= true
Herecomeschallengerscreen = true
If undefinied player win = true
   Do = replaceoriginalplayerwithwinner
If undefiniedplayer win = false
  Do = getbacktogame before pause
   Restartround = true
}
 }

You know about this, the here comes a new challenger
And last question about continues,
Can I increase the continues
With a button directly in the game when
I lose the round (eg. The continue credit button in original arcade games) and separate each continue in a different side of player
(E.g. P1credit = button 9,  p2 credit=button 27)
You know like old school games

Code example
Code:
[Main]
P1lives = coins1.lua
P2lives = coins2.lua
}
 }
And

Code:
[Coins]
Int Gettotalcoins = menu.lua
   If PlayerLoseround = true
        Continuescreen = true
               Get coins=-1
                      If Gettotalcoins = -1
                           Do = gameover.lua

}
  }
Forgive me about bad coding explanation of the request, but I am a musician (I am Mike77154, a cps2 style composer and Whizzywhipitwonderful sidekick than a coder

Thanks in advance, greetings from Mexico DF

Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:17:10 am by Mike77154
#452  March 22, 2019, 06:20:05 am
Oh no what a shame...?

If an application stretches to fit your screen when fullscreen'd, that's something you'll have to change in your GPU settings.

About the stretches as PlasmoidThunder said, maybe it's you GPU settings?

there's nothing to do with my GPU setting...all who uses winmugen has the screen like that; because its an old engine that doesnt support wide screeen. still wanna doubt on me? go try yourself..and see how the chars look like when you change the setting to stretch = 1 and fullscreen = 1 in winmugen. the chars will become fatty !!

1.Make your own A.I.
2.Stop complaining that everything isn't automated to your preference.
3.Write your own workarounds, put the work in to have that quality.
All of which require some type of effort, so may not be interested.

sorry to say but I dont have that time for those crap...I've my business and family to take care of...and when I have some time free, I watch the battles and share with my friends !! and I'm not a lazy ass...I seek help only when something's beyond my reach. If I'd be that expert, I'd rather try myself than replying you here !!
#453  March 22, 2019, 06:27:24 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Hey guys... Just to clarify, you are acting totally rude to this situation, seriously... you are not Gods or something.

lui

#454  March 22, 2019, 06:38:44 am
    • USA
...what?
#455  March 22, 2019, 04:38:56 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
Hey guys... Just to clarify, you are acting totally rude to this situation, seriously... you are not Gods or something.
They are rude yes, but they aren't wrong.
this website is stupid
#456  March 22, 2019, 05:46:33 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
They are rude yes, but they aren't wrong.

I'm not trying to be rude I'm just explaining that Including such bug/quirk is no easy task because the reason why things like %n exist in mugen is because it uses a static variable position. Ikemen uses dynamic object allocation.

Also I said that including the bug is not a good idea I was referring to the way that mugen does, intentional code to replicate the things would be posible. (With the option to toggle it)

But we need to finish the core parts of the engine first before thinking about adding these type of features. We don't even have the lifebar support complete.

The things that fisahas and PlasmoidThunder said do not represent the thought or opinions of the Ikemen developers.

Some things like a characters that are borderline malware (Edit Ram, uses CMD files that changes/deletes files, run external scripts, etc) will [Probably] never be supported.

EDIT

I have college exam week over here so this week and the next I could not work on Ikemen.

EDIT 2

Reading about the %n bug

% n bug
Bug using DisplayToClipboard.
You can do various things by rewriting an arbitrary address using the% n token.

That seems imposible to implement....
Anything that writes arbitrary addresses is imposible to implement because GoLang does not allow that.

EDIT 3

I was wrong.
You can use "unsafe.Pointer" in GoLang but...
Also I'm not sure how useful it would be considering that object allocation is dynamic.
You will have to fight not only against the other cheapie but also against the Garbage Collector.
Consider this, what once was a helper variable address could become the file I/O and overwrite your hard disk files.
Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 07:30:41 pm by Gacel
#457  March 22, 2019, 06:31:13 pm
    • Turkey
Any news about left-right controller bug and dash-run chars?
#458  March 22, 2019, 07:11:51 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Since Tuesday I was investigating the dash-run chars stuff.
So this is my report.

• AI scaling: Base system finished I just need to tweak the scaling ratio.
  • Dash-Run bug: Investigating, I'm still not sure what causes it.
  • Cornerpush bug: Investigating, It seems that only happens with the chars that Junkerde send KFM does not present this behaviour.
  • Lifebar bug that fisahas did have: To do.
  • Lifebar dynamic TrueType scalable font: Planned to to after the rest.
  • Left-right controller bug: This is a bug that I cannot fix because I do not understand the input code, you should try to contact NeatUnsou.

But a I said the next week is the college exam week and I have to study from today so I will not have free time to work on Ikemen.
Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 07:16:53 pm by Gacel
#459  March 22, 2019, 07:15:19 pm
    • Turkey
Ok i understand.Good luck on your exam mate.You work really hard for us.But i wonder,are there no progress about the bug which chars unable to execute some special moves on left side using controller?
#460  March 22, 2019, 07:20:06 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
As I said I do not understand the input code...
The weird thing about that bug is that was the same bug with keyboard but it was fixed without anyone editing the input code.
Maybe the cause was the GLFW implementation. https://www.glfw.org/
The GLFW go repo is constantly updated, so is the only cause that I can think of.
https://github.com/go-gl/glfw
Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 07:23:30 pm by Gacel