YesNoOk

EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game (Read 634125 times)

Started by Renzo F, April 01, 2017, 04:40:22 pm
Share this topic:
Re: EX / Fighting Layer: New Arika fighting game
#221  July 07, 2018, 12:44:37 am
With the deafening silence of all the gaming news sites when June 28 rolled around, I almost forgot FLEX FEXL was released worldwide. I mean, seriously guys, do your job instead of just passing around press releases and Twitter memes ? I knew this would get shit publicity...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#222  July 07, 2018, 05:50:15 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190

Fighting EX Layer (FEXL) Launch Tournament
#223  July 07, 2018, 12:10:54 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
With the deafening silence of all the gaming news sites when June 28 rolled around, I almost forgot FLEX FEXL was released worldwide.
I did. I didn't buy it until 4 days ago. I've only been able to play 2 or 3h so far.
Anyone else get it? I like it

vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#224  July 07, 2018, 02:45:45 pm
The game is cool, I'm still getting the hang of it though. I like it more than most fighters I've played over the last few years.

It feels kinda jank in places but that's to be expected, and the game is still fun despite that.
#225  July 10, 2018, 08:59:10 am
    • USA
Does anyone know where I can find png renders for all the characters of Fighting EX Layer? Thanks.
#226  July 11, 2018, 03:34:10 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
3d rocks!
#227  July 11, 2018, 03:57:43 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com

DW

#228  July 13, 2018, 05:05:59 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
The game is cool, I'm still getting the hang of it though. I like it more than most fighters I've played over the last few years.

It feels kinda jank in places but that's to be expected, and the game is still fun despite that.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. I still don't like the sliding normals from running. It's just so awkward to me, because I've never played a game that allowed this. Also, fucking Hades man... It feels so inconsistent. I just got it btw. Blair is turning out to be my fave char. Skullo feels...not as good. His j.HK doesn't cross up like in previous games, and man oh man is he EXTREMELY unsafe on any whiffed/blocked special.

I haven't tried everyone out just yet. Got the $60 version cuz I'm a fanboy and want to support them. I was playing a match earlier against a Darun who had the "Juggernaut" Gouki... So, Lightning Knee would knock him out of it... But cr.MK into Shoot Kick won't? Even with a jump in, like j.MK > cr.LK >cr.MK > Shoot Kick? Nope! Still grab me through all that. Though a basic trip can? It's so weird and can really hurt you in situations. I even did cr.MK > MCK and he STILL was able to grab me through a fucking super and 3-4 hits! It's kinda ridiculous. They should have made it like how it was for Juggernaut in the Marvel VS games. Where he got only two hits worth of armor. There are ways of dealing with it, I know, but it feels like too good of a skill imo.
#229  July 13, 2018, 12:18:18 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Hades vs Hades matches can get a little crazy. BUT! Once you recognize the person has Hades as a perk dont trip. It took me a few matches to realize this and it's HUGE.
I play with Skullo mainly. So adapting from trip kicks to other specials/basics was a little easier. It has a pretty strong impact on the Jug "deck". idk what we're calling all this stuff.
Hades is pretty consistent. It's just how it works is odd. If P2 has it on and does a move that's, lets say, 39 frames. You can attack him all 39 frames and they're stuck doing it. They're completely open and as long as it's a normal reaction they wont have one. I've been able to attack 2x before a successful block, and attack 2x before they recovered. All SLP attacks. No trips, no throws, no launchers and you can attack and attack. But like I mentioned. Once I realized how super strong it was, I focused on not tripping to set it off. I just switch from ending with CFK to SFP.

I think I like shinobi the best so far. The game seems to focus on the run-in pokes. So going ghost is important. (I could be wrong on what shinobi includes but I like the one with ghost and 30 blocks to set off guard cancels into specials)
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv

DW

#230  July 13, 2018, 04:35:33 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I know you want to knock them down as little as possible when they have Hades, but that's not really the issue. I don't go into the match tripping them every chance I get. Though, I will super cancel and anti-air/throw any chance I get. That all contributes toward Hades and with 3 rounds, they're bound to get it. Unless you just constantly poke them or purposely not finish combos/not throw them. Which in turn, Hades is still effecting your playstyle, w/o even being active! You'll opt out of the most damaging things, because you don't want to put them into a hard knockdown. Effectively dragging the match out and giving your opponent more opportunity to beat you.
Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:40:53 pm by DivineWolf
#231  July 13, 2018, 04:44:34 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. I still don't like the sliding normals from running. It's just so awkward to me, because I've never played a game that allowed this.

That is very doujin game-ish; I remember doing that a lot in the rumble fish, and omk, omk even allows youto slide when neutral jumping which gives you an extra tool.
#232  July 13, 2018, 05:18:57 pm
Yeah, that's (one of) the reason sfex felt weird back then, floaty physics. I was a bit disappointed when the gameplay trailers came out that they still copy-pasted that. Oh well, it didn't stop me from loving the character's, back then and now (I'm super pumped about Rossi and Pullum, my two favs).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#233  July 13, 2018, 05:47:45 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
IIRC it was the first game that had "special to super" cancels, it felt pretty lsoe compared to what was out at the time , since "doujin games" or rather, lwo budget games, felt stiff instead.
#234  July 15, 2018, 08:03:45 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Pullum Purna looks like a Barbie.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#235  July 16, 2018, 04:02:18 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
3d rocks!
#236  July 19, 2018, 07:15:53 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
We seem to be kind of had, I can't be sure.

Supposedly, the Arika team were going to demo the free DLC characters Pullum Purna and Vulcano Rosso with Street Fighter creator Akira Nishitani in a special edition of their stream on Twitch scheduled for July 19 (that's today). I scanned through the video (http://www.twitch.tv/videos/286542698), and I couldn't find any traces of the new characters.

However, they did release this one day before the stream:

#237  July 19, 2018, 08:52:44 pm
Yeah, 10 minutes in, they say "are they gonna show Volcano and Pullum ? I don't think we have any big reveal lined up. They just put up the new video, we're just playing on the regular PS4 version."
#238  July 24, 2018, 07:25:24 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
#239  August 05, 2018, 05:48:34 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Terry Bogard confirmed!!!