YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 556021 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#141  July 23, 2016, 08:02:59 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Had no idea Symmetra was nerfed, maybe because I play on PC but was there a reason for it get nerfed on PS4? Speaking of which, she's one of those characters that needs attention in regards to balancing, shield is like hardly noticeable and turrets can be pretty easy to counter :V
Because too many players kept walking into the turret's line of fire and complained. Torbjörn and Symmetra's turrets got nerfed as a result

I've heard Symmetra used to give out more shield but then Blizzard realized some characters really shouldn't have so much extra health.
Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 08:53:35 pm by Darkflare
#142  July 23, 2016, 08:44:24 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I suppose her shields gave characters 50 health? I only played the last betas so I dunno...

That honestly seems like a petty reason to ask for a nerf, then again I've read that some things of the game are harder to deal with on consoles than PC so what do I know...

One thing I do know though, is that if complaints were the number 1 reason for a character to get nerfed, then Mei would be nerfed to irrelevance... in the OW forums some people complain she's this OP character when she's one of the least played characters in the game >_<
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#143  July 23, 2016, 08:59:25 pm
    • Puerto Rico
The Symmetra shield thing was in closed beta. If you ask me, Symmetra's shield should give an amount depending on the character instead of a fixed amount for everyone.
It's harder to aim on console since gamepads will never give you the precision a mouse and keyboard can give.
I think Blizzard is going by use and win rate more.
#144  July 23, 2016, 11:40:04 pm
Forgot to take a screenshot, but I just had 55 eliminations with Mei in ranked... I wonder if I'll top this one off, my average is 28 I think...

I think a good strategy with Mei is to always stick together with one team mate, preferably tanks and offensive heroes, because 1v1 isn't good for her. Pairing up with someone though, really increases her effectiveness of freezing and then killing.

I think Blizzard is going by use and win rate more.

If Blizzard is actually nerfing/buffing by win rates then that isn't really a good idea... for instance, Symmetra has the highest win rate of any characters in the game, but that's only because the defense team is doing a good job at defending Obj A and it's certain they will win there, and if they lose that point then they switch her for someone else to protect Obj B.

Another thing is to take into account that characters like Mei and Bastion can demolish unexperienced players, they may have one of highest ratios as well but that doesn't mean they are in need of nerfs.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 11:45:47 pm by DelusionTrim
#145  July 24, 2016, 05:05:06 am

Welp seems like I just topped my previous record :D. Also, it's just so satisfying when Mei's ult freezes a bunch of enemies and it secures free kills to my team mates... I actually walked out of there because I was at low health but it still counted for a triple kill there, loved it :P

On another subject, I really wish we'd be able to save our highlights... there are PotGs, then there are those PotGs that will probably not happen again any time soon. I still remember a couple weeks ago in this match where I was Reinhardt on the attack team in Route 66, and right at the beginning the other team was giving us trouble, so I charge at them from far away, caught their Rein, and just right when we were next to the cliff I happen to stop the charge while the other Rein gets pushed far and falls... then I killed a Soldier afterwards and that got me the PotG... it just looked so cool that it makes me wish I could save that replay but the game doesn't have that option :/
#146  July 24, 2016, 06:12:13 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Yeah, saving highlights would be great.  I had a great POTG today as Symmetra where the replay literally started with me dead, and then my sentries got a team kill.  Top quality stuff, gone.
#147  July 24, 2016, 07:22:41 am
    • Puerto Rico
47 eliminations, Bronze medal.
Wait, was that in Ranked? Quickplay is too short to get so many eliminations and even less so with two other teammates getting even more.
#148  July 24, 2016, 08:37:10 am
Man I know I've said this before but not enough words can do justice... his buff is amazing, he really is an entirely new character with his long range damage. Pharah's future is not looking bright with all his sniping.

47 eliminations, Bronze medal.
Wait, was that in Ranked? Quickplay is too short to get so many eliminations and even less so with two other teammates getting even more.

Yeah it was ranked, I think it went either 3-2 or 3-1 to our team. Though looking at my career on Quick play the highest I've gotten was 36 so far.
#149  July 25, 2016, 10:40:49 pm
Some players you encounter are just so weird... there was this Reinhardt on my team that kept rushing into enemies and complained that I wasn't healing him, come on man you had like 3 enemies attacking you at once, I can't heal you fast enough nor would I survive :/
#150  July 25, 2016, 11:47:16 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
I've begun using Torbjorn on Attack based modes as of recent.

He's actually pretty effective on Attack? Like, you can clear the front spawn room door with a Lv.2 Turret and place them in sheltered spots near objective points. It's pretty rewarding.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#151  July 26, 2016, 05:16:04 am
For payloads he can be effective if used right yeah, not so much for Obj A/B points though I think. Though I guess he's just so much easier to use for defense that it's not worth the risk to some players to pick him for attack, then again I don't play him that much...

Also it seems like my Mei's been more effective whenever I tag along with tankers, sometimes offensive heroes too but mainly tanks. I've read some comments that Mei is good 1v1, but I don't entirely agree with that as a lot of characters can counter her if the player knows how to deal with her.
#152  July 26, 2016, 05:59:34 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I'm not sure what you're saying, Mei is good 2v1 (when she's part of the 2) but not 1v1 "if the player knows how to counter her"? Mei, aside from getting cross map picks with alt fire, is 100% better in a 1v1 than a small skirmish w/o ult.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#153  July 26, 2016, 06:28:00 am
Many characters in the game can avoid being frozen and if someone from the other team comes by before she lands the head shot then she can be in trouble. Sometimes it's just hard to be in a 1v1 with her, even though she can still be pretty effective if the freeze is successful, along with her survivability being great with the tools she's got. If I'm together with someone, I can try freeze to the opponent while my partner deal more damage during the process, the enemy has much lesser chance of escaping so easier to kill them.

Well... at least so far that's been the case to me  :confused:
#154  July 26, 2016, 07:32:07 am
    • Puerto Rico
What are you talking about? Mei is great 1v1 against plenty of heroes. Yea, you can beat pretty much anyone by double teaming someone if you play it right.

But anyway, Mei is an ambush character so she's meant to instigate the attack. If she gets close, you're screwed unless you're someone like McCree, Reaper or Tracer who also excel at close range.
#155  July 26, 2016, 09:19:30 am
Sometimes I wonder how the exp in ranked works, I was Roadhog in a couple games ago, and got an entire bar to level up. I think that was the most I've ever gotten but I wonder why exactly that happened...

What are you talking about? Mei is great 1v1 against plenty of heroes. Yea, you can beat pretty much anyone by double teaming someone if you play it right.

But anyway, Mei is an ambush character so she's meant to instigate the attack. If she gets close, you're screwed unless you're someone like McCree, Reaper or Tracer who also excel at close range.

I can agree to an extent, but then there are also other characters like Junkrat and Winston for example that can escape from her, and for characters like these it's best to freeze them while you're together with a teammate.

Against healers though, yeah they are pretty doomed against her. Lucio in particular gets his speed slowed down so much that he becomes an easy target for everyone to kill (of course that applies to every character, but considering how hard he can be to hit while running around, just slowing him down is a huge advantage for the team).
#156  July 26, 2016, 09:52:41 am
    • Puerto Rico
Junkrat needs concussion mine to be able to escape, but his grenades and bear trap are really good and can help deter a Mei from fighting him.
Winston's gameplay is to get in with his jump, cause disruption and proceed to jump out. With only a 4 second cooldown in his jump, Winston getting away is pretty common.

Healers aren't meant to be fighting except for Zenyatta anyway.
#157  July 27, 2016, 12:07:04 am
Sometimes I think Blizzard doesn't have a clear idea of what they want McCree to be, he's supposed to be an anti-flanker, got that nerfed (but for a good cause) and went to the dumpster for quite some time. Now they buff his damage reduction and he's practically a sniper, making Widowmaker kinda irrelevant for now.

I mean I love that he is good now, but I just don't know if this was the right direction for his character.

Junkrat needs concussion mine to be able to escape, but his grenades and bear trap are really good and can help deter a Mei from fighting him.
Winston's gameplay is to get in with his jump, cause disruption and proceed to jump out. With only a 4 second cooldown in his jump, Winston getting away is pretty common.

Healers aren't meant to be fighting except for Zenyatta anyway.

You can trust me that as a Mei player, maybe with the exception of healers it's harder than it seems to freeze someone in the game if the other team is competent enough. She is in need of some buffs, though that can be said to practically all the defenders in the game as of now.

One thing I would like is to have no fall off damage to her right click, the icicle is already so hard to hit from a distance that's not from close. It doesn't have to be unscaled for all distances, but 44 headshot damage is a bit too much. I think the nerfs she got from the beta hit her a little too hard.
Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:10:55 am by DelusionTrim
#158  July 27, 2016, 12:39:56 am
    • Puerto Rico
McCree still doesn't have a scope and his headshots do good damage but don't one shot anything. Widow still has her place.

I play Mei too and I consistently freeze people from time to time. The trick is to surprise people by either flanking them or waiting for them to come to you.
What kind of extreme range were you hitting that icicle from? I've one shot Tracers from mid range with it just fine. She's not a long range character anyway.
#159  July 27, 2016, 12:56:07 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747615932
HERO BALANCE UPDATES

Ana
    Biotic Rifle
        Rate of fire increased by 20%
        Magazine size increased from 8 to 10

Developer Comments: While Ana has been very well received, she was showing to be a little bit weaker overall. In addition to helping her feel better to play, these changes should also increase her healing and damage output.

McCree
    Peacemaker
        Primary Fire
            Damage falloff range decreased by 10 meters
                Damage falloff amount is unchanged
                As a result, even with this change, McCree’s effective range is still higher than it was at launch
        Alternate Fire
            Rate of fire increased by 15%
    Flashbang
        Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree can fire again) decreased from 0.5 seconds to 0.35 seconds

Developer Comments: McCree’s latest range increase helped him quite a bit, but it was a bit too much in the right hands. This change weakens his long range damage somewhat, but still keeps it stronger than it has been in the recent past. The other changes combine to allow him to land more alternate fire shots on targets that he has hit with Flashbang.

BUG FIXES

Heroes
    Targets of Ana’s Sleep Dart will no longer instantly recover when damaged (recovery time is now 0.5 seconds)

User Interface

Fixed UI compatibility issues for ATI cards
    Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Lúcio, Mei, and other models to only partially render (or disappear)

McCree sure is a roller coaster.
#160  July 27, 2016, 08:32:54 am
Someone in a ranked match said McCree wasn't that much of a sniper anymore, thought he was joking but apparently he was not... well anyways, I do think the falloff range was pretty insane, he could snipe Pharah so easily with 3 shots. Glad they buffed his alternate fire though, maybe he can actually kill Genji this time around and the reduced recovery on Flashbang can help it too.

Didn't expect Ana to receive buffs so soon, but small buffs like these are always welcome I guess.