YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 549569 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#321  November 04, 2016, 08:20:05 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 08:29:08 pm by Moon Girard
#322  November 04, 2016, 10:23:03 pm
    • USA
Sombra Backstory and Gameplay videos

Also a preview of one of her legendary skins. Which looks hideous who thought this was a good design.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

And the other legendary apparantly

also some concept art for her

Quick Play is getting a 1 hero limit that's going to be in PTR next week.
New Map/Stage Oasis it's a King of the Hill map that has jump pads coming in December

Weekly Brawls will be replaced by Arcade mode
Arcade mode:
1v1 and 3v3 skirmish modes on new map Ecopoint Antarctica
QP + Hero Stacking one mode
Mystery Heroes is a mode
All Brawls, will have various themed Brawls from past Weekly Brawls and new ones on rotation
You get 1 lootbox as reward for winning once in each specific mode for the first time
3 weekly lootboxes as reward for winning a few games
New Arcade stuff they are introducing

Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:40:54 pm by Moon Girard
#323  November 04, 2016, 10:40:53 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Eh I think it looks pretty good, I'd probably just prefer a neon color other than green though (she is likely gonna get an alternate color for that legendary anyway), the Cyberspace skin looks pretty good too I like the blue/black/white color scheme.

Nice to know a 1HL quick play is gonna be a reality, some stackings aren't really fun. Also, I see "all brawls" there, does it mean weekly brawl will now be featured in there?
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#324  November 04, 2016, 10:56:50 pm
    • USA
Nice to know a 1HL quick play is gonna be a reality, some stackings aren't really fun. Also, I see "all brawls" there, does it mean weekly brawl will now be featured in there?

Yup, added more info to that last post that explains arcade mode better i think that's everything announced beside the Overwatch league which is an esports team things.

Eh I think it looks pretty good, I'd probably just prefer a neon color other than green though (she is likely gonna get an alternate color for that legendary anyway), the Cyberspace skin looks pretty good too I like the blue/black/white color scheme.

It's the neon skeleton paint and dumb hair that ruins that Legendary for me if there is a version with no skeleton pain i'd be fine with it.
#325  November 04, 2016, 10:57:16 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Damn her kit is pretty loaded, I think it's only soldier that has 3 abilities if I'm not mistaken. That and they sound very powerful too, with the hacking ability she is likely gonna give trouble to the likes of Mei and Zarya depending on how it will be used.

Yeah I'm sold, possible new main :D

Fuck Mei, Zarya is honestly one of the heroes that is most fucked by Sombra due to her shields being everything to her.

We finally got our Zarya counter thank fuck!

EDIT: OMG, taking 1HL into QP...my dreams have finally come true!
Fuck D.Va in KoTH(it doesn't seem bad till NERF THIS!, NERF THIS!, NERF THIS! congrats, you just lost because you was off the point enough times.
Fuck multiple Zaryas(especially good ones)
Fuck Multiple Meis
Fuck Multiple everything!
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 11:01:28 pm by Xhominid
#326  November 05, 2016, 12:30:12 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Why is there a 1v1 mode in a team focused game?

But anyway, 3v3 arena mode. Might play it a few times.
#327  November 05, 2016, 12:52:17 am
Also yay new King of the Hill map, my favorite type of stage in the game, feels good to have a new one coming soon :)

I wonder why Antarctica will be an arcade mode only stage though, odd.

Damn her kit is pretty loaded, I think it's only soldier that has 3 abilities if I'm not mistaken. That and they sound very powerful too, with the hacking ability she is likely gonna give trouble to the likes of Mei and Zarya depending on how it will be used.

Yeah I'm sold, possible new main :D

Fuck Mei, Zarya is honestly one of the heroes that is most fucked by Sombra due to her shields being everything to her.

We finally got our Zarya counter thank fuck!

EDIT: OMG, taking 1HL into QP...my dreams have finally come true!
Fuck D.Va in KoTH(it doesn't seem bad till NERF THIS!, NERF THIS!, NERF THIS! congrats, you just lost because you was off the point enough times.
Fuck multiple Zaryas(especially good ones)
Fuck Multiple Meis
Fuck Multiple everything!

Don't get too ahead of yourself buddy, you play Widow so good luck trying to kill Sombra when she is moving fast while invisible and inevitably flank you... plus she is got a teleporter to reach high places alng with being able to disable your only escape ability, sounds like she is gonna make your life miserable :P

And actually thinking about it Mei may be a counter to Sombra, she can uncover her when invisible quite easy with her endothermic blaster if she is trying to flank my team, can go into cryostasis to avoid getting hacked if she tries to (I think, as it takes a good couple seconds before the hack is completed) along with ice wall which is always good.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 01:33:21 am by DelusionTrim
#328  November 05, 2016, 01:53:29 am
    • USA
How is Sombra going to be a counter for Zarya when she can't hack through barriers?
#329  November 05, 2016, 02:24:02 am
    • USA
And actually thinking about it Mei may be a counter to Sombra, she can uncover her when invisible quite easy with her endothermic blaster if she is trying to flank my team, can go into cryostasis to avoid getting hacked if she tries to (I think, as it takes a good couple seconds before the hack is completed) along with ice wall which is always good.

There's no indication you are getting hacked until it's finished Sombra would have to be standing in your LoS for you to know she was hacking you and Hack has a pretty long range and then her teleport would be an easy out for getting frozen so i can't see many situations when a Mei would beat Sombra.
#330  November 05, 2016, 05:09:51 am
    • Puerto Rico
I wonder why Antarctica will be an arcade mode only stage though, odd.
It appears to be tied to the 3v3 Arena mode

How is Sombra going to be a counter for Zarya when she can't hack through barriers?
Sombra hacking Zarya shuts down her barriers which is her entire playstyle. Also Zarya's health is half shield which Sombra can remove.

There's no indication you are getting hacked until it's finished Sombra would have to be standing in your LoS for you to know she was hacking you and Hack has a pretty long range and then her teleport would be an easy out for getting frozen so i can't see many situations when a Mei would beat Sombra.
Mei playing to her strength and ambushing Sombra will have her in advantage. Any of the other offense heroes might put Sombra in check.
#331  November 05, 2016, 07:36:57 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Pretty much what Darkflare stated.

Mei's Freeze Ray has about 10 meters on it tops. Sombra can hack up to 9 meters. Even with the healing of Cryostasis removed, Mei still can just plain freeze Sombra and while yes her teleportation is a get out of free card, she will still be slow to move, quickly allowing Mei to get back within range and be a nuisance again. And that's not just discounting firing potshots with alt-left click anyway especially if they are headshots and/or Sombra has Tracer-levels of health to compensate.

And yeah, I see Tanks(if it's her and one of them) and Offensive Heroes(barring Tracer and Genji who are rendered damn near helpless without their kit) being able to check her very easily. Well that and Junkrat too.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#332  November 05, 2016, 02:52:00 pm
A couple images of the new maps of Antartica (exclusive to arcade mode) and Oasis (KoTH)

Antarctica: http://imgur.com/a/AHM74

Oasis: http://imgur.com/a/AHM74

I know I said it before but yay a new KoTH map is so exciting, looks like it's set in India.
#333  November 05, 2016, 02:56:14 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I like what I'm seeing with Sombra so far.  Seems like her playstyle is skewed less towards direct damage and more towards being as much as a disruptive nuisance to the other team as possible.  At least thematically, it reminds me of Mei (at least, how I play Mei. :P)  I think I might just have found an Offense character I won't be garbage with.
#334  November 07, 2016, 07:18:15 am
    • Puerto Rico
I have to ask you Girard. Did you join my game or did we get paired up in matchmaking again?
#335  November 07, 2016, 11:04:24 pm
So Sombra is on PTR as of now... too bad I can't try her out because my CPU hasn't arrived yet :T

Also, apparently some other PTR balance changes happened today, Pharah got buffed it seems.
#336  November 07, 2016, 11:23:52 pm
    • USA
https://gfycat.com/BigColdGopher
Sombra has the Best Highlight Intro in the game

Here's all her skins the Los Muertos and it's alt look way better in game then the concept art still not feeling the skeleton paint though.
https://imgur.com/a/Ms7Pt

I have to ask you Girard. Did you join my game or did we get paired up in matchmaking again?

Was i in a group? i'm gonna assume we got paired up in Matchmaking again or you got paired up with my friend and i joined his match.
#337  November 08, 2016, 12:11:37 am
  • The Goddess Returns
That is SO troll-worthy!

#338  November 08, 2016, 12:53:44 am
    • Puerto Rico
I'm willing to see her other intros first, but I may end up dropping some coins on this one.
Here's all her skins the Los Muertos and it's alt look way better in game then the concept art still not feeling the skeleton paint though.
It's a bit hard to see on my end, but it looks like the Cyberspace skin doesn't look that much different from her default.
Was i in a group? i'm gonna assume we got paired up in Matchmaking again or you got paired up with my friend and i joined his match.
Couldn't tell you as I didn't check. It was on the Hanamura map, I was the Ana.
#339  November 08, 2016, 01:08:53 am
    • USA
POTG 2.0 was confirmed and they're still working on it so we'll eventually be able to see coop POTGs and maybe my Zarya will finally get (Half of) the spotlight for once.
#340  November 08, 2016, 01:11:16 am
    • USA
I'm willing to see her other intros first, but I may end up dropping some coins on this one.
It's a bit hard to see on my end, but it looks like the Cyberspace skin doesn't look that much different from her default.
Couldn't tell you as I didn't check. It was on the Hanamura map, I was the Ana.

Oh yeah that was matchmaking i always seem to get put in matches with people on my friend list quite a bit i just assume it works like the prefer player option.
This should help it's hard to see the big differences with her arms crossed.