YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 557571 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#401  December 19, 2016, 06:38:14 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I can't help but feel Ana is gonna get nerfed at some point... I dunno how she is on console with her being a sniper, but man is she such a powerful healer. It feels bittersweet to heal 400+ HP on a tank in less than a second and make them survive battles longer than they should, that biotic grenade of hers is pretty OP.

Are you sure it's Spanish and not Portuguese?  :mlol:

I'll give you that Brazillians can be a pain too... but those who speak spanish usually outnumber them when it comes to being so terrible to have in a team. It's like if I can't do everything at once perfectly I'll get called out on it -__-
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#402  December 19, 2016, 07:05:56 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Stop solo queing in Competitive mode.
Pretty much the best thing said to anyone doing competitive, especially in the lower ranks, it's complete hell.

Heck, I just need to get up to 1,000 CP then I can kiss the mode goodbye forever, all I wanted was a gold for Winston and Lucio or Zen anyway (going with Lucio) since I managed to hit Master roughly at the start of the season.

But related to the update, I have all the skins/emotes besides Zarya's skin, Zenyatta's skin and Symmetra's highlight intro, I'd have gotten Zen's skin sooner I bet, but the game just had to give me a third Jingle Tracer skin instead.
#403  December 19, 2016, 07:10:55 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I can't help but feel Ana is gonna get nerfed at some point... I dunno how she is on console with her being a sniper, but man is she such a powerful healer. It feels bittersweet to heal 400+ HP on a tank in less than a second and make them survive battles longer than they should, that biotic grenade of hers is pretty OP.
What do you mean? It feels great when you can pull out a teammate out of danger with your snipe heals. It's fine, tanks can still die with enough focus fire, there's inevitably a moment where the healing stops because Ana has to reload, and really the enemy team should know by now to kill the healer first.
#404  December 20, 2016, 03:10:22 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I have now opened about somewhere around 15 holiday boxes and have only gotten Zarya's skin to show for it.

I have, however, started getting DUPLICATES of the holiday voice lines so Merry Fucking Christmas to you too, Blizzard.
#405  December 20, 2016, 03:50:06 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
If it makes you feel any better i opened around 40 boxes and only have "Special Effects" Mei to show for it while getting the peppermint icon every other box.
#406  December 20, 2016, 07:11:40 am
    • Puerto Rico
I got Zarya's holiday emote. =|
#407  December 20, 2016, 09:03:43 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I expected an out of left field character to be the gay one not someone obvious like Tracer.
#408  December 20, 2016, 09:54:19 pm
    • USA
It should of been Hanzo he was the perfect candidate what a let down only way it could of been worse was if it was Zarya.
#409  December 21, 2016, 12:28:03 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Well I mean it's not like Tracer being gay means nobody else is allowed to be.  As far as I know it's not a musical chairs situation.
#410  December 21, 2016, 01:34:30 am
  • The Goddess Returns
So they announced Tracer is a lesbian...
Dear god, the WidowmakerxTracer ships have gone into overdrive.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#411  December 21, 2016, 02:53:37 am
    • USA

Plz Blizzard i need this Hanzo skin plus he's lacking when it comes to getting new stuff anyway.
#412  December 21, 2016, 03:06:34 am
oh great now i have to throw away this 3 hour tracer movie i was working on in sfm. thanks for nothing

TOP 500 STRAIGHT MALE
#413  December 21, 2016, 03:24:18 am
  • The Goddess Returns
The only issue I have with it is how pointless it is because in general the only amount of story we will ever get of Overwatch is in webcomics.

The game will never have or show any of this info unless Emily becomes an actual character and they give her character specific lines to Tracer and likewise.

Sure some people may appreciate it but it's more of "It Happened". And tacking on that there will be more LGBT announcements is just completely unnecessary and will cause more stupidity from both sides for something again so pointless to actually be represented ingame.

Atleast come out and say Pharah is quadriplegic(one of the designers hinted that Pharah may be a quadriplegic) and Mei is fat under her snowsuit rather than thick because atleast that will do more for the characters since it's actually represented ingame than only in webcomics.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#414  December 21, 2016, 03:34:27 am
    • USA
The Christmas comic shows Pharah is not quadriplegic and at the Blizzcon Q&A session(or some Q&A Session) they confirmed she isn't.
#415  December 21, 2016, 03:40:48 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I don't know why Pharah would be quadriplegic, the new comic showed she is not? Mei's body has been shown in concept art and her olympic's spray, showing she is not fat, but curvy/thick.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#416  December 21, 2016, 04:07:10 am
  • The Goddess Returns
The Christmas comic shows Pharah is not quadriplegic and at the Blizzcon Q&A session(or some Q&A Session) they confirmed she isn't.

I don't know why Pharah would be quadriplegic, the new comic showed she is not? Mei's body has been shown in concept art and her olympic's spray, showing she is not fat, but curvy/thick.

I think you guys missed my point...well Girard answered my question but he missed my point.
My point is that Overwatch's moments in the webcomic doesn't translate to the game mainly because of how Blizzard wants the game to be pure multiplayer only. So we won't know any of these things unless we read outside material. So adding things like that doesn't matter because ultimately, it will only stay tied to the comic unless the character herself gets added and we get the trivia from some lines otherwise.

So it might as well be pointless filler for those who rather see it from the game than read webcomics or scour the internet for stuff like that.

#417  December 21, 2016, 04:18:40 am
    • USA
What's the problem with different media expanding upon the game's story and content? The game doesn't even have a single "canon" mission since that would be impossible unless they introduce a whole new mode for that, with character restrictions and all.

It's ultimately what happens with almost any popular product. There's no enough room for certain stuff in one media or product so details are added in others <- Whens OW anime.
#418  December 21, 2016, 04:48:29 am
  • The Goddess Returns
What's the problem with different media expanding upon the game's story and content? The game doesn't even have a single "canon" mission since that would be impossible unless they introduce a whole new mode for that, with character restrictions and all.

It's ultimately what happens with almost any popular product. There's no enough room for certain stuff in one media or product so details are added in others <- Whens OW anime.

Except unlike in most of those examples, Overwatch has NO story in the game itself while most of the other game expands on the story present in the game itself.

That's my main issue with stuff like this.

#419  December 21, 2016, 05:06:59 am
    • USA
I think you guys missed my point...well Girard answered my question but he missed my point.
My point is that Overwatch's moments in the webcomic doesn't translate to the game mainly because of how Blizzard wants the game to be pure multiplayer only. So we won't know any of these things unless we read outside material. So adding things like that doesn't matter because ultimately, it will only stay tied to the comic unless the character herself gets added and we get the trivia from some lines otherwise.

So it might as well be pointless filler for those who rather see it from the game than read webcomics or scour the internet for stuff like that.

I don't recall anything in the game that would lead anyone to think Pharah was quadriplegic unless we go from a design stand point of the joints on her suit but then at that point Reinhardt should be headless since his head shouldn't fit in his helmet.
#420  December 21, 2016, 06:53:58 am
    • Puerto Rico
Spoiler: Salty people mad that they lost their waifu (click to see content)

So can we go back to talking about our winter loot box luck?