YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 549527 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#521  March 02, 2017, 07:26:28 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#522  March 02, 2017, 10:17:49 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Oh yes new tank, as a tank main this brings a smile to my face :3

Can't wait to try her out in PTR, here is hoping I can join it...

So how's everyone enjoying Bastion meta?
My opinion on it can be summarized into Remove Ironclad

I'd say to give it some time before jumping into conclusions, we're not used to Bastion being viable ever since like... ever. Basically we gotta adapt to the new Bastion and to what he brings to marches now.

Now, he could be broken, but from my experience with a bit of coordenation he can still be taken down, just not as brain-dead easy as before when he was countered by nearly everyone.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#523  March 02, 2017, 10:47:30 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 10:50:45 pm by Darkflare
#524  March 03, 2017, 12:17:52 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So the next hero is a gender-swapped Centaur Man?

I can dig it.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:24:23 am by Person Man
#525  March 03, 2017, 12:47:42 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Ptr already nerfed bastion ironclad is now 20% less damage instead of 35%
#526  March 03, 2017, 01:23:53 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I can dig that...one of the biggest issues with Bastion's Ironclad is that while it makes it tougher for his Sentry Mode to get sniped out before he can get out...it also allows Bastion SO MUCH FREE ROOM to basically fuck up everyone else.

I have had times where Bastion would instead of trying to engage in Recon Mode, straight out goes right into Sentry Mode and blow me away even though I'm shooting the crap out of him in the process. Even with the massive spread in Sentry, he's still able to play sniper at times and can fuck up characters something fierce if you aren't looking out for him at all. IT DOES NOT HELP if he's supported by a Mercy or Ana which is probably why his Ironclad took another hit in PTR
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#527  March 04, 2017, 08:42:51 pm
I'm really liking Orisa so far, should've expected this from a tank main but she is really fun and engaging. Her shield and the mini-graviton surge reminds me a lot about Mei, more specifically her wall, because it requires really good positioning and stuff.

She feels very viable imo, her biggest flaws (big target, large crit box, no mobility) are balanced out with what she can do with her abilities, plus a gun that is really good. Here is hoping she goes live soon.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#528  March 07, 2017, 04:12:47 am
    • Puerto Rico
#529  March 07, 2017, 12:14:17 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
#530  March 07, 2017, 12:51:32 pm
    • Puerto Rico
So this month's coin toss result is for Ana to be the hero that gets wrecked. Not looking forward to people telling me to switch fron Ana because she's as viable as D. Va. Thanks Blizzard.
#531  March 07, 2017, 09:23:25 pm
Hmmm I'm feeling conflicted about these Ana nerfs... on one hand she is still pretty OP even with the nerfs she's gotten over the past few months, on the other hand I think they are going a bit too far. I'd say the nerf to the healing grenade is understandable, but the nerf to her primary fire seems a bit much.

Also yay more Sombra buffs, hopefully teammates wont jump at my throat when I pick her (though thankfully this has decreased over the past few months).

Nerf to Orisa's gun is pretty much innefective, her gun clip is still huge... not sure about her other nerf though, her Ult doesn't last Very long and isn't so hard to destroy it.
#532  March 08, 2017, 12:56:14 am
  • The Goddess Returns
The main reason Ana's damage got nerfed is that to be frank...she was stupid powerful.

Getting a sleep dart in any fashion meant you was pretty much dead from even Ana which is pretty dumb in and of itself. 80 damage is absolutely insane considering Zenyatta CAN do the same amount of damage but he cannot heal as well as Mercy or Ana in exchange, Ana should not be able to do lots of damage and heal just as much as it creates an imbalance when she can even deal with flankers pretty easily if you are a beast Ana.

The damage nerf across the board is honestly justified.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#533  March 08, 2017, 07:05:35 am
    • Puerto Rico
Uh, you are aware that sleep dart isn't exactly reliable while you're being attacked by a flanker, right?
#534  March 08, 2017, 08:48:00 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Uh, you are aware that sleep dart isn't exactly reliable while you're being attacked by a flanker, right?

You say that then like 2-3 others say the opposite... so it's the skill of the Ana vs. the skill of the Genji/Tracer.

#535  March 08, 2017, 03:50:50 pm
Once again I'm just feeling conflicted, but I can't deny that as a healer that she is the best one right now, and as far getting flanked as her goes she also has her grenade which essentially makes her a 300HP hero (and may also prevent the flanker from getting healed if they are close enough). I play her a lot and I can't deny how very strong she -still- is, I think she is still gonna be viable as her overall kit is still strong but she won't be as mandatory as she is currently.

Also from those balance changes, it's heavily implied they want the tank meta gone, Zen's buff is gonna be something else.

Also another Sombra buff I've been waiting for, they are gonna update the PTR and make it so her hacked healthpacks can be viewed by teammates:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753416574#post-12

Oh yes thank goodness this is finally becoming a thing, it's such a bummer when teammates don't know about the hacked health packs :l
#536  March 09, 2017, 06:16:02 am
    • Puerto Rico
#537  March 10, 2017, 02:38:36 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Did Symmetra get some kind of bullshit buff recently that I missed?  Her primary fire seems busted as fuck all of the sudden.  I've seen a bunch of Symm players today playing her like a tank, just running straight into the line of fire and taking out 2-3 people at a time with just her main weapon and no turrets.
#538  March 10, 2017, 04:01:01 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Did Symmetra get some kind of bullshit buff recently that I missed?  Her primary fire seems busted as fuck all of the sudden.  I've seen a bunch of Symm players today playing her like a tank, just running straight into the line of fire and taking out 2-3 people at a time with just her main weapon and no turrets.

Her range got extended, but after that, nothing else was adjusted.
Which means it's very easy for Symmetra to get a ton of kills if someone can't kill her quick enough.

#539  March 10, 2017, 02:36:07 pm
WELP!

Orb of destruction... had spread? Huh I've never noticed, neat buff I guess.

Welp I wish discord orb through barriers could've become a thing, I think it would've been AM interesting thing to see :x
#540  March 15, 2017, 10:19:04 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK