YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2411572 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#281  May 21, 2008, 12:41:00 am
  • "Feelin' random"
Ok you people might be able to help me. So what's up with Fist of the North Star? I've heard about it many times, but I never got into it...
#282  May 21, 2008, 12:42:00 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Think Jack kirby, its like "their" jack kirby. One of the oldest series that involved actual plot development and many of the traits that later on would be adapted into the main stream.
#283  May 21, 2008, 12:51:58 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
nani nano desu yo ~?
#284  May 21, 2008, 01:11:23 am
  • SNK is life
Ok you people might be able to help me. So what's up with Fist of the North Star? I've heard about it many times, but I never got into it...
Mutilation, Blood, Manly tears, Buff guys.

It defined an era, and thus, a generation. Looking forward to watch it fully.
#285  May 21, 2008, 02:27:09 am
And all of that while explaining how much they love their people and how the other doesn't have enough love. Well, some of them.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#286  May 21, 2008, 03:33:09 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Well, to give you more points the ones who do that are the ones that matter.
#287  May 21, 2008, 04:06:03 am
  • Yume De Aetara fanboy of the highest caliber!
    • www.esnips.com/user/urzaspalettes

Wouldn't this kind of advertising go better with Code Geass?

Trying to find a streaming English subtitled episode of Narue no Sekai is proving fruitless.

Ecchi, it calls to me...
Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:14:38 pm by Urza
#288  May 23, 2008, 07:50:32 am
Now, does anyone know a good manga where the main male character is a loser, gets mistreated by the females and such but still remains a good guy?

Ecchi, it calls to me...
#289  May 23, 2008, 11:26:17 am
  • "Feelin' random"
Jonouchi (I belive that's how it's spelled.) from Yu-Gi-Oh! Maybe even Yugi himself. Another example may be Usopp from One Piece. (Although he did fight with Luffy and tnen went AWOL a few episodes.)

EDIT: Oh shit you said main characters... XD

DM

#290  May 23, 2008, 03:03:00 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.rickiecreations.paodemugen.com.br
Today I finished Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. The episode 00 was fun as hell, but the series was just "good".
Whatever, I'll give 7/10.
#291  May 23, 2008, 03:34:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Today I finished Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. The episode 00 was fun as hell, but the series was just "good".
Whatever, I'll give 7/10.

that seems to be the general reaction for people with what I consider decent taste.
#292  May 23, 2008, 11:27:47 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Now, does anyone know a good manga where the main male character is a loser, gets mistreated by the females and such but still remains a good guy?

Reminds me of lum; I found the first part of the series pretty boring, until mendo joined the regular cast, then it becaame much better, but when "ranma" joined the series it actually became very enjoyable.
#293  May 23, 2008, 11:44:46 pm
Is it a riddle where we need to reply "Love Hina" ? It sounds like your regular harem show... ... Okay I don't know that many of these.

Anyway, reading Mx0. Funny, but it has the same problem as Pretty Face : it doesn't move anywhere. It's a collection of fun... And it certainly is funny. But the thing is, it keeps looking like you should expect the story to develop into something big (I mean, setting up all those details on how magic works, magic cards, types of spells and everything). And it doesn't come :/ It's still hillarious, but I can't help thinking "just move on with the story already !" and "gag, rinse and repeat". Feels like a missed opportunity of a great story.
Also I think the author should just go and have his stories connect together one way or they other, drop just some winks, like a character of Mx0 being an acquaintance with a character from Pretty Face, details like that. It would help make his world grow, and give it a nudge of... Personnality.
It's still hillarious though, at least. I love the personnality of his male leads.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#294  May 24, 2008, 12:01:25 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
mx0 is the best harry potter inspired series.
#295  May 24, 2008, 12:01:35 am
Is it a riddle where we need to reply "Love Hina" ? It sounds like your regular harem show... ... Okay I don't know that many of these.

Anyway, reading Mx0. Funny, but it has the same problem as Pretty Face : it doesn't move anywhere. It's a collection of fun... And it certainly is funny. But the thing is, it keeps looking like you should expect the story to develop into something big (I mean, setting up all those details on how magic works, magic cards, types of spells and everything). And it doesn't come :/ It's still hillarious, but I can't help thinking "just move on with the story already !" and "gag, rinse and repeat". Feels like a missed opportunity of a great story.
Also I think the author should just go and have his stories connect together one way or they other, drop just some winks, like a character of Mx0 being an acquaintance with a character from Pretty Face, details like that. It would help make his world grow, and give it a nudge of... Personnality.
It's still hillarious though, at least. I love the personnality of his male leads.

Mx0's ending was a disappointment. Sure it leaves things open for a sequel (which probably wont happen anytime in the near future) but it just didn't have the depth that Pretty Face did.

I guess I should clarify my request:
The male lead does not get the girls. Something along the line of Yume de Aetara, but more depressing.

Ecchi, it calls to me...
#296  May 24, 2008, 01:17:21 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
What, mx0 got cancelled too ?

Oh, lum still fits the bill, except for the depressing stuff.

I guess you could read chobbits, the ending is depressing because the guy ends up in love with a can.
#297  May 24, 2008, 02:11:19 am
What, mx0 got cancelled too ?

Oh, lum still fits the bill, except for the depressing stuff.

I guess you could read chobbits, the ending is depressing because the guy ends up in love with a can.

Read and own Chobits (manga and anime).

Ecchi, it calls to me...
#298  May 24, 2008, 03:14:30 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
something like love hina ? I would recomend shimokita glory days, not becuse it is good, but because it is short and refreshing, and it has sora aoi.
#299  May 24, 2008, 03:59:59 am
Nevermind Max...

Ecchi, it calls to me...
#300  May 24, 2008, 04:09:13 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
nani nano desu yo~!?