YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2919696 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#5021  November 07, 2015, 01:10:59 am
  • Never give up
Yep, I gotta delete it and reinstall for it to work.
#5022  November 07, 2015, 01:36:01 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Any plans for Beta 3 on PC, or they backing out of that due to how many stuff is found within the PC version?
#5023  November 07, 2015, 03:48:20 am
  • Never give up
Yo Ryu f*cking SUCKS now! Most of his combos from the previous beta were removed. Jesus Christ! What a basic piece of trash.

Looks like I'm moving to Ken with this one. If he keeps his combos that is. If not, I'm picking some random hot female character. Damn, where is Rose....
#5024  November 07, 2015, 05:10:30 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Laura is pretty damn fun i really like her though she seems real terrible against Karin but fuck Karin fighting her tonight sucked the opponent was either really amazing or had a terrible connection and was warping around the stage.
#5025  November 07, 2015, 01:56:40 pm
I'm curious if they would add any modes  like tag modes or atleast  more versatile battle options/restrictions and stuff. SF was always very basic and pretty boring and it continues to be that way.
What's wrong with keeping a simple fighting formula, though? Not every fighting game needs flashy options filled with complex features to be fun.
k,... so SF5 isn't flashy at all?  So by you're standards there should be no story, trial or other modes/options that will benefit the game?
How the fuck is any of that related to how "flashy" a game is.
Because he thinks having useful modes, more Lobby/System options are flashy or mysteriously complicated for SF5, if those things were fancy then things like trials, story are also gimmicks, which  I thought he was implying.
also he said to not having flashy mechanics for SF game, well
SFV: has flashy mechanics, look at the character select screen with characters moving all awkward; V-Trigger, and the supers. Supers are still exaggerated and slow like in SF4 but slightly faster,  annoying camera angle, and obvious slowmotion effects, looks lame.  I expected supers to be fast, like in KOF or CvS.

Lets be clear on somethings:
For Lobby/System options  I mean things like allowing Hosts to ban certain characters like in SF3, or global settings for meter(on/ off), etc, or things like chain combo on/off. For modes: either team battle or tag, Color edit, or something beneficial. Its been decades and SF is still barebones. Its a shame really, especially with todays technology. It'll be great if SF5 had some good controls like this.

Another example of a simpleton game. USF4. It doesnt even have a rematch option in arcade and online, Just Pathetic. Its very stupid to go back to select screen in a 1 vs 1 lobby every time to see the dumbselect/loading screen all over again, especially when we're going marathon runs.

Generally speaking, KOF, MK, DOA, Tekken , all have similar things in place, and they're fast paced with less gimmick. USF4 was nothing but gimmick when it came to Ultras and supers, its part of your strategy so you must use it.

And Brawl fucking sucks, no matter how popular you try to make it seem it is. So far your only arguments were "SF is boring and it isn't popular!", only because it doesn't has a Tag system. Maybe Mortal Kombat 2 is a boring game because it doesn't features tag as well.

Also, I didn't even say anything about other modes, but SF5 is confirmed to have a story mode, and will most likely have a trial mode, so... I don't even know what you're trying to prove in here.

I'll say it again, calm the fuck down.
I didn't say anything about MK2, you did. Ok so you don't like brawl or Smash,?Thats fine, just try not to throw a tantrum..

Examples of games with good Modes or System options. (Has nothing to do with gameplay mechanics, just noting modes and other things you can modify)
-SF3,
SFxT-- 4 on 4 team fights was possible with 4 people(online as well), can even have 2 players on same console go online, and Scramble (2vs2 simultaneous). And color edit was really fun, those neon/plastic colors was fun to mess around with.
VF5:FS  This is the best one, everythings quick in this game, hardly any loadtimes, you can pick your character fast and have them set, so you can just start battles almost right away.

Also noting  that Brawls got a lot of options for battle, can chose between different stage themes if you prefer, and other good things of that sort which isn't fancy or complicated and keeps replay value pretty good., Plus other fun modes and its 4 players local all while keeping the game simple, dont forget that.
smash brothers brawl sold more than all versions of sf4 combined. it's not really relevant, though. you can't really compare the games because they're extremely different. you can tell by how some people that follow fighting games can't stand smash brothers even being in fighting game tournaments.

i don't know if when you say brawl you mean smash in general but if you mean smash brothers brawl that game was dropped really fast while sf4 went on for years. brawl is a really bad example regarding popularity
good to point that out,I meant Smash in general.
What the heck are you talking about? What makes you think SFV won't have trials or more modes?
SF may have a simple game system, but the dept comes from other places.
I know SFV would come with base Arcade, Versus, Training/Trial. Well you don't consider any of the other options to increases SF's life span? Who doesn't like color edit mode?, or making a lobby with your preference? 
SF is popular, but Brawl is even more so.
Hahahaha okay that's all that needs to be read.
and what exactly are you mumbling here?
Brawl is successfull, or your gonna pretend that didn't happen? Also Brawl was just used an example to point out that theres more system/battle options or preferences, just like in SF3 you were able to add chain combos, or disable bar etc.

Anyway, Look at UMvC3:  Arcade, versus, Training/trials, Online.
Aside from this, theres nothing else. So if you wanted a clean match with no assists, it can't be done, or a simple 1 vs 1 isn't available either. More importantly is that in this day and age,  Umvc3 is 2 a player game as opposed to being 2-6 players in battle. Thats very good Capcom ,considering UMvC3 is tag based. Also, remember MvC3 vanilla did not even have spectator option.

So  I wouldn't be expecting anything spectacular in terms of modes for SF5.

Yo Ryu f*cking SUCKS now! Most of his combos from the previous beta were removed. Jesus Christ! What a basic piece of trash.

Looks like I'm moving to Ken with this one. If he keeps his combos that is. If not, I'm picking some random hot female character. Damn, where is Rose....
Heh, Just curious about Ryu  graphics wise,  everything except his Forward Dash looks wierd. He looks short, Ryu is supposed to be normal height, but it just doesn't look right,  Ryu also looks like Ace from SF EX, an ugly ACE at that. 

#5026  November 07, 2015, 02:39:32 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
^
This is a very bad post.
title changed because durr
#5027  November 07, 2015, 02:41:17 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
^
This is a very bad post.
This is a terrible post, this is a forum, you can reply to the guy but to just try to dismiss him to flamebait is horrible practice.

Cut that shit out.
#5028  November 07, 2015, 02:55:16 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/

Shit
#5029  November 07, 2015, 03:46:33 pm
He doesn't even know what mechanics are.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#5030  November 07, 2015, 03:58:11 pm
  • stressed weeb
    • USA
    • derpyhawk@gmail.com
How long will the beta be up for? I can't seem to get in.
#5031  November 07, 2015, 04:09:05 pm
    • Indonesia
    • larsmasters.deviantart.com
You know what else is ridiculous in SFV?

- Ken can summon fire through his kicks
- Nash's transplanted body parts with necro skin

Like seriously, what were you expecting.

Ken:
Duh. His Shoryuken moves & Marvel vs. series version of Shinpuu Jinrai Kyaku explains this

Nash:
Don't forget Illuminati's forehead gem
#5032  November 07, 2015, 04:36:05 pm
you can reply to the guy
it's hard to reply to him really. he knows little about street fighter (or fighting games) and tries to lecture us on it. i mean V-Trigger is a flashy mechanic? and supers too? a gameplay feature that has been in street fighter ever since ST is a flashy mechanic?
also, where the fuck were you able to add chain combos in SF3? do you mean SFA3's V-ism?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#5033  November 07, 2015, 04:50:11 pm
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

All I wanna know is if PC Beta 3 is free-to-play.
Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 04:54:04 pm by MLGPoliwhirl
#5034  November 07, 2015, 05:13:57 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
How long will the beta be up for? I can't seem to get in.

It was a stress test for a few hours last night so the beta is down again probably won't know till later today if there will be another stress test tonight.
#5035  November 07, 2015, 05:19:18 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
also, where the fuck were you able to add chain combos in SF3? do you mean SFA3's V-ism?

I think after you beat the game with everyone on the console versions you could go into one of the extra settings and turn on chain comboing...

But don't quote me on that.
#5036  November 07, 2015, 05:27:57 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ yeah it was like that. chain combos were an unlockable extra option, at least in the Dreamcast version (never played another one)
#5037  November 07, 2015, 05:29:02 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
That was part of System Direction in like every home port of 3rd Strike, including 3SOE.
#5038  November 07, 2015, 05:34:07 pm
interesting. i always wondered why some of the SFIII3S combo videos on youtube were too ridiculous, this must be it. i never played any of the home ports, i play it on MAME.
can you go online with it?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#5039  November 07, 2015, 05:47:09 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
3SOE does not allow for System Direction-enabled online lobbies.

Which is the stupidest fucking thing ever. Seriously IG, you're gonna allow Gill online but not fake Marvel?
#5040  November 07, 2015, 07:51:26 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Chun-Li's Hyakuretsu Kyaku (fast-rapid kicks) used to be performed by tapping any kick button repeatedly. Here, it is now a D,DF,F+K command. How have users taken to the change? Is it a better preferred command than the traditional method?

I ask in regards to the arcade control devices. In time, the buttons would wear out to the point they become of no use. Either, they'd stick to the edges, or nothing would come out of it (there's a tiny trigger at the bottom of the button base which sends the appropriate signal to execute said action). Did Capcom make the change with the intention of the arcade control devices in mind?