Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#6721  February 24, 2016, 03:11:27 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
At least it sold better than Xrd. :D
#6722  February 24, 2016, 03:26:24 pm
Xrd also makes bank in arcades, they don't need to rely as heavily on console sales. Also, Chronophantasma did better than both.

PC wasn't exactly amazing either, currently at 100,000.
http://steamspy.com/app/310950
#6723  February 24, 2016, 03:43:11 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Capcom did a bad job, now receives bad sales. Inb4 Ono blaming us consumers for not liking what they dished out...so far.
#6724  February 24, 2016, 05:21:03 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
so we are only lacking the ps4 usa/europe sales ? hopinjg those are 4 860 000 units so capcom can consider it succesful
#6725  February 24, 2016, 05:43:45 pm
Mmmmm..... Did capcom decided to keep Chun-Li's weird bouncing boobs and now also happens in player 1 side of the character select screen or is still a glitch that they are unable to fix yet?
#6726  February 24, 2016, 05:47:00 pm
    • USA
#6727  February 24, 2016, 05:53:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Mmmmm..... Did capcom decided to keep Chun-Li's weird bouncing boobs and now also happens in player 1 side of the character select screen or is still a glitch that they are unable to fix yet?

still a glitch, afaik.
#6728  February 24, 2016, 06:17:24 pm
Well, I learned something.

Poor sales in Japan isn't exactly a shock, especially since it's getting panned there too. Competitive fight gaming (the heavily advertised part of the game) is just too small a niche.
#6729  February 24, 2016, 06:21:37 pm
    • USA
There's a lot of people who are probably just waiting a few month before buying it because let's be honest, the game IS quite lackluster in content so far.

We'll see how many people buy it once story mode is out.
#6730  February 24, 2016, 06:40:55 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I wonder how much of those will still play the game after finishing the story mode
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#6731  February 24, 2016, 06:48:08 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Isn't console gaming not that big anymore in Japan? No surprise SF4 outsold it, even without these launch issues I doubt anyone expected such a thing to happen.

I'd be more concerned about US/Euro sales, as it seems like they advertised the game more for these regions.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#6732  February 24, 2016, 07:36:14 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Not to put a damper on everyone's negativity, but didn't they explicitly state that the game will only be receiving one release followed by free updates? So wouldn't this mean that everyone's getting all bent out of shape over nothing because it will get updated and they won't have to buy anything else other than paid DLC?
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#6733  February 24, 2016, 07:41:12 pm
It's also pretty obvious they just got it out now to fit some yearly financial stuff and for people to train before EVO (what with the broken record), I doubt they were expecting to have good sales on the first week, they're hoping for it to stay up for a long time thanks to the updates.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#6734  February 24, 2016, 09:59:55 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
he thinks that two different implementations of a similar aproach are going to work the same way because reasons, like cars and bikes the same because both are land vehicles.

I wasn't actually (sorry for late response). I was just referring to how rollback isn't that bad. it all just depends on how it's used...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#6735  February 24, 2016, 11:37:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
still makes no sense as  a proper phrase that explains what you think properly and is true in any sense.
#6736  February 25, 2016, 03:32:49 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Not to put a damper on everyone's negativity, but didn't they explicitly state that the game will only be receiving one release followed by free updates? So wouldn't this mean that everyone's getting all bent out of shape over nothing because it will get updated and they won't have to buy anything else other than paid DLC?

I doubt that alone will explain things like server issues and glitches out the wazoo and not doing anything to punish rage quitters...

And again, makes no sense pricing it at 60$ like this. And even then, price drops and buying used can happen for those waiting for the game to be complete so that's lost money regardless.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#6737  February 25, 2016, 09:50:33 am
Isn't console gaming not that big anymore in Japan? No surprise SF4 outsold it, even without these launch issues I doubt anyone expected such a thing to happen.

I'd be more concerned about US/Euro sales, as it seems like they advertised the game more for these regions.

It's not as bad as people say but console gaming there sure isn't what it once was.

Capcom is expecting 2 million units, digital included, before the end of the fiscal year (March 31st).
#6738  February 25, 2016, 04:02:35 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#6739  February 25, 2016, 04:06:03 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
thats hilariously wrong when you consider sfxt, sfv isnt even getting that much bad press compared to any bad game launch from the last year.

"opinion" linked is also extremely badly written
Sure, I may not be able to prove this at this time. However, if you take a look at the SFV grades yourselves. Then you will soon realize that there is something fishy going on here for sure. Some people will of course claim that it´s just a clash between different opinions (user reviews Vs critic reviews, small sites Vs big sites reviews). And yes, I´m aware of the fact that there is pretty much always a difference to be found between critic and user scores.

I cant prove it but theres something wrong is not journalism, its barely an opinion, and repeating several times "Broken game waaaugh" doesnt make it true.
Lord M would write a more entertaining "opinion article".
#6740  February 25, 2016, 04:28:53 pm
  • SNK is life
Article? By the amount of rage and subjective sentences in that link, I'd say it falls in the category of "Blog Post"