YesNoOk

adding character slots (Read 5029 times)

Started by Immortal Zero, January 07, 2007, 03:10:34 am
Share this topic:
adding character slots
#1  January 07, 2007, 03:10:34 am
  • There are things that cannot be seen, only felt.
First, go to data and make sure your browser is set to all files. Then look for  system.def and then open it. Once its opened, hit ctrl and f on your keyboard at the same time and a box should appear, type in that box "rows" without the quotations. then scroll down a little until you see it. Once you do, there should be numbers by it and another thing called colums (sp >.<) , these determine your character slots. for starters, i recommend 10 rows and 10 colums, because it may end up going off the screen and making it harder to choose your characters.

If you have any more questons reply.
I don't  recall ever calling myself a hero.
Re: adding character slots
#2  January 07, 2007, 07:09:50 am
  • DAT SAX
Well, sometimes it can get more complicated than that. See my edited version of Drachir's 60 slot screenpack.

It involves a lot of spaces and editing of the system.def and select.def

Post if you want to find out how I did it.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#3  January 08, 2007, 10:46:22 pm
#4  February 10, 2007, 10:43:26 pm
yeah, how do I do that? that is sweeeet
#5  February 20, 2007, 07:34:33 am
mugen eve pack is there a way to add 3000 or more slots on the rosteri can get it samll but when it comes to add more slots the extra slots dont show up and some of them end up on teh other side of the screen yeah i know i do have some crappy characters which aproaximatly 20 or less but all the others are like example ryu, holyryu, differnt versions of ryu mvs, cvs any help thank you.
if you want the def let me know ill send or reupload it if the link is down.

I posted link below if anyone wants to check out the code?

http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=Q8IZ22N4
#6  February 27, 2007, 03:29:27 am
#7  February 27, 2007, 03:52:56 am
  • DAT SAX
Oh crap. Haven't checked on this thread in a while. Well, it's a bit complicated, and I don't have much time right now, but I'll try to sum up the steps as easily as possible.

Programs Used

- Fighter Factory
- Irfanview
- MS Paint

1. I saved the background and foreground sprites of the select screen as PCX's.

2. I made the files .BMP, for clear colors.

3. I traced over them in paint, giving them more lines and boxes. This took a lot of precision. I split each individual box into 4 smaller boxes. Any wrong line will mess it up.  You also have to use the eyedropper tool to make the colors exactly the same. Luckily for me, the CvS2 screenpack doesn't have too many colors.

3. I saved the new files as BMP, then converted them to PCX using Irfanview.

4. Replaced the old sprites with the new sprites in the SFF.

5. Made the little red select boxes (the ones that let you know where your cursor is) smaller, small enough to JUST wrap around the small boxes.

6. Changed the cell size and portrait scale smaller in the system.def until they just fit the small portraits.

7. Edited the select.def to have more characters per line.

I may go into further detail tomorrow, as I don't have much time right now.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#8  February 27, 2007, 06:37:26 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
3. I traced over them in paint, giving them more lines and boxes. This took a lot of precision. I split each individual box into 4 smaller boxes. Any wrong line will mess it up.  You also have to use the eyedropper tool to make the colors exactly the same. Luckily for me, the CvS2 screenpack doesn't have too many colors.
Photoshop -> Indexed colors.
Then, only make 4 smalller boxes, and when you're sure they're well done, make many copy/paste on the other boxes.
#9  February 27, 2007, 11:30:53 pm
oh ok thanks any way i didnt know adding and pasting squraes in is how to add more spaces i thought it would be an easy short way of doing just edit the def, and select files and thats but all that work oh well no big deal i dont have alot of time on my hands to do all that work.

thanks anyway.

#10  June 06, 2008, 03:51:11 pm
sorry to for being a noob but how do you change the selcet box size ?