YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1260338 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO
#1481  March 09, 2020, 08:13:15 pm
    • Greece
For options menu you need to use the updated mugen files from kathos. Kathos upload them 5 days ago.
Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 08:30:25 pm by Bejeeta
#1482  March 09, 2020, 09:53:07 pm
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
For options menu you need to use the updated mugen files from kathos. Kathos upload them 5 days ago.

Why? Gacel build has everything you need to play. I mean whatever K4thos does in his build it is being taken to Gacel build, Gacel build works out of the box. No need of downloading something else.

#1483  March 09, 2020, 10:40:00 pm
  • The need situation makes the man
    • Mexico
    • www.facebook.com/mike.funkyman
But why did you remove totally the street fighter alpha style counter continĂșe screen? :( :'(

How we Can reactivaté it?

#1484  March 13, 2020, 03:39:59 am
BTW guys 0.90 has its own TAG system based on ADD004, also you need to declare the option menu parameters in system.def, if not you will not see any Options!!

How exactly is one supposed to get the tag-in/tag-out working properly? All I get is three or four characters playing simultaneously instead of actual tagging. Is it still necessary to patch them to use add004?

EDIT: While the bickering was going on I did manage to fix it. I'd definitely like documentation on how to tweak it, if I missed said documentation and if anyone could point me towards it, I'd appreciate it.
Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 08:56:41 pm by Afterthought
#1485  March 13, 2020, 05:43:33 am
BTW guys 0.90 has its own TAG system based on ADD004, also you need to declare the option menu parameters in system.def, if not you will not see any Options!!

How exactly is one supposed to get the tag-in/tag-out working properly? All I get is three or four characters playing simultaneously instead of actual tagging. Is it still necessary to patch them to use add004?

First, It is important to test a clean installation.
IF you are testing this with a custom screenpack or installation, be sure you have TAG enable in the system.def, because contrary to Mugen with ADD004 or UNOtag, TAG is a new mode that doesn't use SIMUL at all.

Also be sure you are using Gacel 0.90 version or superior, since TAG by default was included on that version, no need of patching or anything.

Check the file tag.zss and check the states there used to tag and be sure your chars arent using those states.
#1486  March 13, 2020, 05:56:53 am
    • Greece
download updated mugen files from the repo to enable tag.You can you use add004 if you change statefef-20 to statedef - 2 and - 10 to - 1 at shiyo's common file and delete the code from tag and score files.
#1487  March 13, 2020, 06:46:03 am
download updated mugen files from the repo to enable tag.You can you use add004 if you change statefef-20 to statedef - 2 and - 10 to - 1 at shiyo's common file and delete the code from tag and score files.

I don't want to sound rude, but your recommendations are always doing the double of work or taking a long way, when the shorter one is even safest.

For any newcomer, Gacel fork already includes the "Mugen" files Bejeeta is talking about(instead of going all around Github looking for files to download). Ikemen GO 0.90 includes a tag mode(which I don't like BTW, so you cant say Im a Fanboy) but if you want to use  UNOtag or ADD004 you just need to replace the  line "commontag" line in the config.json file with your favorite main tag file.

For ADD004 replace statedef -20 for statedef -2 and statedef 10 to -1.

For Unotag go to the INI file where all the states are and replace all the  "SIMUL" for "TAG" calls and then use the patcher or create a new file called Unotag.def and copy all the content of that INI file that haves all the states mentioned before and calling it in from the config.json.

Beware that UNOtag works fine for 2 tag player, 3 or more is buggy. I can confirm that because I already set a clean installation of Ikemen GO with UNOtag

https://streamable.com/6wd8n

This is UNOtag working without patching any character, Double Hypers, and assistant/stryker works.

#1488  March 13, 2020, 07:40:41 am
    • Greece
some people have problem to download the automatic build so they have to download the mugen files, also want the add004 lifebars and add004 system so i just point out how to use the add004 system.Please stop being rude to people that want to help.
#1489  March 13, 2020, 04:00:04 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com

just managed to break it agaain
Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 04:05:46 pm by Mark85
#1490  March 13, 2020, 10:07:11 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
The problem is that the stage comes in his own folder.
You have to put the stage ssf and def files inside the stage folder (Or edit select.def so it has the correct stage location)
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1491  March 13, 2020, 10:49:21 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Suggestions for stages:
- Water splash for stages, using coordinate, something like window parameter.
If possible to assign color using RGB color coding (as in fonts), it would be incredible, so muddy stages would be even more interactive.
The coordinates would be to delimit this interaction in stages that have only one puddle or part with water.

- Reflection attributed to sprites.
So it would be possible to have a stage with a reflective floor but use a carpet that would not reflect, for example..

Suggestions for lifebars:
- [AILevel], [Time attack], [Match] also separated by mode.
As much as it is extra work, I think it is something important. For example, in the current lifebar, in simul mode, scores overlap the name of p3 and p4.
- Different bg animation for timer when time is infinity.
- Animation and snd for perfect.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 07:13:47 pm by Rurouni
#1492  March 14, 2020, 10:14:09 pm
to be honest, I've always hated add004 tag style, prefered unotag but its too bad unotag was written as a 2 character system. Unoshe would have to heavily modify everything (mostly the way the vars work too) for it to be 3+. add004 is overrated and bloated af imo. Too much bloat.
#1493  March 15, 2020, 02:06:01 am
some people have problem to download the automatic build so they have to download the mugen files, also want the add004 lifebars and add004 system so i just point out how to use the add004 system.Please stop being rude to people that want to help.

I wasnt being rude, you decided to feel that way, Ok, it is up to you.
Automated builds are working fine, and people can even decide to download old versions if the most recent one is somehow broken for them.

I will not send to anyone to Github because it is confusing and not everyone does know what compiling is, youll be surprised how many people ask "Hey what I do now"  and they show a screenshot of the source, because they went to Github because someone else told them so...

There is a reason automated builds exists and it is a good reason.

Now the reason I do come here, is to point out something, and I think it is time that Gacel and K4thos should start thinking on a 1.0 version.
Im been thinking on doing some screenpack conversions, but I am afraid since the engine is still in development that every work I could do now will not work on a pair of days.

People keep suggesting stuff for the engine, that is OK, but I think devs should stop adding things for now and just focusing on fixing bugs(before someone decides Im being assertive or rude, this is humble suggestion), so anyone that decides to support the engine with screenpacks, chars, sprites, animations, story assets and other stuff, can work on a base that is not changing every week.

Also people can start sharing their own customized versions of Ikemen GO, I mean with "customized", builds of Ikemen Go that comes with some example chars and things like ADD004 already included and ready to use, actually Im making a build of Ikemen Go 0.9 with add004 already working and another one with UNOtag (for those who doesnt care about 3vs3, 4vs4), for most of the newcomers or people who doesn't want to waste time lurking in the files. I have share some of these builds already and people tell me they are working.

Whatever it happens after that 1.0 version it is up to devs, release candidates and beta sounds good, it is up to the "programing  enthusiasts".

Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 03:46:02 am by orochi_kyo
#1494  March 15, 2020, 02:47:19 am
  • Rurouni Fan
^
You have a point about the requests that people make. But while they can overwhelm the work of developers, most requests are for "basic" features that have been asked for a long time. At the end of the day, it's up to the developers whether they are worth adding or not. It is interesting the small number of active people here on this board, considering that the team working on IKEMEN is basically doing what the community has always wanted Elecbyte to do.
Now, about converting things to IKEMEN, it's still too early. Even though it is already in version "0.9", there are still many bugs and even the basic things are not working as they should. I suppose it will be a long time before we get to a stable build.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#1495  March 15, 2020, 03:38:25 am
^
You have a point about the requests that people make. But while they can overwhelm the work of developers, most requests are for "basic" features that have been asked for a long time. At the end of the day, it's up to the developers whether they are worth adding or not. It is interesting the small number of active people here on this board, considering that the team working on IKEMEN is basically doing what the community has always wanted Elecbyte to do.
Now, about converting things to IKEMEN, it's still too early. Even though it is already in version "0.9", there are still many bugs and even the basic things are not working as they should. I suppose it will be a long time before we get to a stable build.

The first thing we have to set is what we think is basic and whatnot.
Except for the ESC/PAUSE button I think almost everything is covered. Not even commercial games has been able to have 4vs4 or else on SIMUL or TAG, because the  complications that comes with this kind of stuff.
But things like lobby for online could seem "basic" for some when it could mean rewriting all the netcode, so this is where devs should guide us about what could be accomplished soon, and what will need months, years or "it will never happen", if they are still here  by then.
We have submenus, we have zoom(even if Kathos think is broken, it had worked for me very nice), support up to 4 players, filters, ratio, scores, missions, two characters in the same slot, hidden chars, helpers and chars attached to stages, etc
Im sure anyone interested in new features have plenty to play with for now.

Meanwhile I still have(and I know many outthere just notice this) this trouble the engine cant detect properly two(or more) button pressings on keyboards or sticks. Ex movements and two level special that need two buttons pressed are hard to make, this is basic for me, still no fix yet.

Now it seems devs are trying to move things to zss. Lets be honest, this could wait before all bug fixing and for an "after 1.0" version, because both Gacel and Kathos have a life outside of this forum and the discord, this week has been hard to locate them and the only other zss "expert" in the discord server is Alceris and he answer like once in month(he also doesnt have to answer anyone if he doesnt want). For a code that is not documented (people said is poorly, I can say is not documented at all, at least in english) it is risky to move default files to zss IMHO.
Im been working on understanding the new tag.zss code and I cant just simply going asking anyone(they dont answer, they are busy, they are just drinking or having a life outside internet), and not even looking on internet because there is zero info about zss and It is obvious both devs are busy right now.

And the reason of the low activity both here and the Ikemen discord server is because most Mugen users doesnt care about Ikemen Plus and most Ikemen Plus users doesnt care about Ikemen GO. It sound awkward, you should take a look on both Mugen.net and the Ikemen discord to see what I am talking about.

Still a "stable release" could help to bring some new and old people to the scene, knowing that something they do for the stable version will still work in a month or a year.
Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 03:42:17 am by orochi_kyo
#1496  March 15, 2020, 04:04:08 am
  • Rurouni Fan
There are certainly many new features. But if you stop to think about possibilities that have always been discussed, what is available does not even scratch the surface of what we could consider as basic. Not that I think they have to add everything at once.
The 2-button problem... Oh, man! That's really annoying. I can't play properly with my favorite characters because of that, heh. But there are still many more problems than that, music for example. I started to port a lifebar to see what bugs I can find and just in the beginning I found some. As soon as I'm done with the lifebar, I'll go check the screenpack.
Without a doubt, a stable build would help a lot to attract more people. But until then there is a lot to be done. Anyway, so far the engine has shown incredible potential and I am rooting for its development.

Did you play the new
#1497  March 15, 2020, 05:07:19 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Meanwhile I still have(and I know many outthere just notice this) this trouble the engine cant detect properly two(or more) button pressings on keyboards or sticks. Ex movements and two level special that need two buttons pressed are hard to make, this is basic for me, still no fix yet.
Two button press actually technically works properly, however it could possibly be made more lenient, although in all honesty it would require a fix in regular characters before it could be done engine wide, I think. More info here: https://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2468886 long and short though, MUGEN's original button press check code was wrong because it checked for a hold first, then a press, introducing arbitrary input latency on press inputs and two additional frames for 2 button press inputs (if EX Flash Kicks have ever been harder in regular MUGEN for you, this is why)

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#1498  March 15, 2020, 08:31:52 pm
I would like to know what Gacel or K4thos think. What are their plans? Pretty sure they won't be on this forever, want to move to new things, etc. So before this happens, this two-button thing and some important bugs should be attended. In my experience even if you know a programming code well, it is hard to take on someone else code and guess what they did, where are the variables, functions, parameters, etc

If Mugen was doing things wrong with simultaneous buttons, please don't fix what is not broken. The important thing is that it works from the front end user.  When Gacel build was by 0.70 version, the problem wasn't that serious, but it just getting worst.

I had this KOF game with an old build of Ikemen GO and BC(cancel bar activation) worked fine, but now you will fail to activate in half of the times. Tested on three sticks, two pads, and three different keyboards.

Ok, for those who just want to enjoy tag 3vs3, 4vs4, this build has add004 ready to go and working.
16:9 screenpack and some sprites/anims were imported from add004 lifebars. Btw ADD004 lifebars arent working and I dont waste time working on them. I just worked with default HD bars to work with 3vs3, 4vs4, based on  0.90 Gacel build.

https://mega.nz/#!Zd1zXRTR!dg96VMuMu-TSpb1Sn5zpyUCCs-FK-bkcEuPRer8qt8U

Does it work? Check it out here.
https://streamable.com/ejog5
Bigger roster and random?
https://streamable.com/8ed4v
Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:57:56 pm by orochi_kyo
#1499  March 15, 2020, 10:06:20 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
From someone who has been flirting with Ikemen for years now, I can tell that the reason that I didn't dropped MUGEN for good already is because its just more pratical and pleb friendly. Setting screenpacks is easy, and the characters work as they should, while on Ikemen you need to manually adjust screenpacks(which requires some knowledge) and the two buttons thing and some bugs just kills it to me. I hope that this changes in the future because I love the features that the engine has but to me functionality will always trump everything else.
Lasagna
#1500  March 15, 2020, 10:13:27 pm
From someone who has been flirting with Ikemen for years now, I can tell that the reason that I didn't dropped MUGEN for good already is because its just more pratical and pleb friendly. Setting screenpacks is easy, and the characters work as they should, while on Ikemen you need to manually adjust screenpacks(which requires some knowledge) and the two buttons thing and some bugs just kills it to me. I hope that this changes in the future because I love the features that the engine has but to me functionality will always trump everything else.

Well this pretty much is happening already. I was on discord two days ago and this guy comes with some error with  Legacy screenpack not working. Downloaded from MFG, installed,  I just changed one line and it was working out of the box,
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/282927929548210177/688141190624706654/unknown.png?width=640&height=396

The only changes needed for this kind of screenpacks are taking advantage of the new ikemen features. Others are quite tricky.