YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2280095 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
#12021  October 09, 2015, 03:13:18 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Wells, Simon Belmont and ridley are 21 and 22, but most of the top 25 I'd be alright with seeing.
#12022  October 09, 2015, 04:48:48 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Sora made it into the top 100.
That made me happy.

People voted for a new Mii class? That would be interesting. Something like Mii Sorcerer would be cool.
#12023  October 09, 2015, 04:58:33 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I don't want Wolf to win the ballot because we would have lost a chance to get a brand new character.
#12024  October 09, 2015, 05:13:22 pm
Nostalgia for a game that's not even out?

What?
the game is developed by former rare people and is a spiritual successor to banjo kazooie. it was funded on nostalgia. people like the character because of nostalgia even though it's not direct
#12025  October 09, 2015, 05:50:37 pm
  • Engage me____ mother f_____
  • Killing parents since 1986
Nostalgia for a game that's not even out?

What?
Notsalgia for Banjo-Kazooie, not Yooka-Laylee. And Y-L is a spiritual successor to B-K, which had no "collectathon" game since 2003. It reached its initial crowdfunding campaign goal of £175,000 within thirty-eight minutes and its initial highest goal of £1 million in 21 hours. Nostalgia for B-K and lack of proper B-K game certainly is the reason why they got that much money so quickly. And now not-Banjo and Kazooie can be in Smash. So...yeah.
Uhh yeah so, about that...
All i see is a sequel that is so different from original games that it might as well be a different thing. Kinda like MP:FF.
Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:00:38 pm by BaganSmashBros
#12026  October 09, 2015, 05:59:11 pm
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
Sora made 70, so at least a voice was made for him. It's sad to see that Ice Climbers got that many votes, they literally can not be in the game. Squirtle, Ivysaur, Sceptile, etc etc. I love Pokémon, but we've got enough. I wouldn't mind Wolf or Inkling making it in. Wolf seems hype and Splatoon looks like a fun game, so Nintendo can further pat themselves on the back

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#12027  October 09, 2015, 06:52:07 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
I don't want Wolf to win the ballot because we would have lost a chance to get a brand new character.

Apparently there's 3 more character placeholders.
So we could have 1 more veteran and 2 newcomers.
#12028  October 09, 2015, 07:26:00 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
They are bringing back clones

all fighters will play the same
this website is stupid
#12029  October 09, 2015, 07:37:55 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Call me silly for feeling this way, but after seeing wolf in first place on the ballot, I feel like I'm looking on Mugen site in a poll topic about who a spriter is going to sprite next.  The  choices are Ryu, Juri, C.Viper, Bayonetta, and Zero, and of all the choices to pick everyone wanted to see a new Ryu sprite set  :P
#12030  October 09, 2015, 07:47:23 pm
Call me silly for feeling this way, but after seeing wolf in first place on the ballot, I feel like I'm looking on Mugen site in a poll topic about who a spriter is going to sprite next.  The  choices are Ryu, Juri, C.Viper, Bayonetta, and Zero, and of all the choices to pick everyone wanted to see a new Ryu sprite set  :P
There is a big difference between what you described and this situation. There are a lot of Ryus (from simply gorgeous to absolutely disgusting) and you can use all of them in any version (outside of Winmugen as far as i know) with any characters or stages, so, doesn't really matters if he gets new sprites. With Wolf, you can't use him against Villager, Wii-Fit Trainer, Robin, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu and Rosalina on Gaur Plains at same time with HD graphics and stuff. You can use him in Brawl and PM, but that certainly is not same thing.
#12031  October 09, 2015, 07:54:19 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
#12032  October 09, 2015, 07:56:17 pm
i don't see it as "most people want an old character instead of something new!" it's just that the people that want an old character mostly agree on what they want (wolf, snake, ice climbers) because there's not a lot to choose from while the people that want a new character have 200 different ideas
#12033  October 09, 2015, 08:03:42 pm
but that certainly is not same thing.
I never said it was, my point is that I'd rather see that slot used for someone who has never been made for Smash yet period, but hey I'm only one person
Not exactly what i meant by "that certainly is not same thing" (i meant having Wolf available in Brawl and PM is not same as having him in 4), but i can understand why you would rather see someone new. Its more interesting to see how X character was handled in Smash Bros for first time than seeing Y from previous game, but with buffs and nerfs here and there.
#12034  October 10, 2015, 01:28:36 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#12035  October 10, 2015, 05:05:17 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
He hates clones but he loves Roy IN MELEE. As much as I want to say he's a paradox, it's more likely he's just a hypocrite.
#12036  October 10, 2015, 07:57:30 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Does that means he prefers Melee Roy over SSB4 Roy? Because if he does, holy shit, hahah

Shit
#12037  October 10, 2015, 02:38:02 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Given his post history it's entirely possible that he genuinely doesn't understand the irony in wanting Roy to be more like Melee while also saying that he hates all clones.
#12038  October 10, 2015, 06:43:28 pm
  • Magna Power
this website is stupid
#12039  October 10, 2015, 08:23:43 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
So you want him to play like Marth then
#12040  October 10, 2015, 08:55:16 pm
  • Magna Power
this website is stupid