YesNoOk

WereGarurumon (MvC2 Edit) (Read 7113 times)

Started by DarkWolf13, November 14, 2012, 12:22:14 am
Share this topic:
WereGarurumon (MvC2 Edit)
#1  November 14, 2012, 12:22:14 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Just to let everyone one, that I DID NOT create this character, but I edited it. WereGarurumon was created by The Great Matsutzu and this is the first character I ever majorly edited. This digimon still follows the same attacks except they now inflict guard damage and his attack speed increased. He has a brand new Hyper Move I added and I call it, Garuru Fury. The hyper move can only be evaded if you jump over him, hit with a projectile attack or keep your distance from him. He has some of the Marvel Vs Capcom 2 feel. Special thanks to the Great Matsutzu for making WereGarurumon into MUGEN in the first place.

Still need to fix:

-Hyper Combo Finish Effect (Done!)
-Adding the Combo Messages ("Good", "Monster","Air Combo","Danger", etc.)
-Add a good AI, which I'm gonna need help in (Added a good AI)

Demonstration vid:

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rp9145ggc6tgegh
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:08:06 am by AceMugenFighter144
Re: WereGarurumon (MvC2 Edit)
#2  November 14, 2012, 01:11:06 am

- I can't do a basic combo and aerial combo. Use the trigger movecontact instead of time.
- In MVC the run is a dash, you haven't hold forward to do the dash, like run back.
- Why have music in the intro?
- Collisions can be better, check this thread:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/the-greatest-hits-character-feedback-99092.0.html
- Effects are ugly or aren't coded well, for example, launcher's fx has some delay ("el efecto aparece despues del golpe, cuando en su lugar deberia aparecer junto con el efecto comun de un golpe" <- I don't know how translate this).
- Hyper portrait need more work, it not see like a mvc2 one.

I hope you understood what I meant, google isn't my friend :P. Saludos!
#3  November 14, 2012, 01:47:25 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to improve. This type of coding here was advanced-leveled and I'm just a beginner LOL

edit: Ok, I just read the link you posted and I believe I'm gonna need some professional help, because I don't have much time on my hands because of school and everything, from the feedback you posted, are you good at advanced coding? If so, I could use your help
Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:51:23 am by AceMugenFighter144
#4  November 14, 2012, 03:29:24 pm
I'm still learning, maybe I can help you with some specific questions or you can open a thread in M.U.G.E.N Development Help for how to do X move o whatever you want.

About the link, can help you fixing bugs, maybe some thing can be difficult to understand, but just look at the clns section:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

let see some examples:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Finally more tutorials :D http://kod.trinitymugen.net/K.O.D%27s_Basic_CLSN_Tutorial.html
Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:46:01 pm by kainlucho
#5  November 15, 2012, 12:59:37 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I see, and that shouldn't be a problem because I think I put around 2 to 3 CLSN when I was coding for the new hyper move. The CLSN thing shouldn't be a challenge for me, but I will leave the green CLSN alone for the guard push I added on him. A quick question, while doing his attacks, for example, like that punch shown, a blue CLSN box must be placed over the red CLSN box?
#6  November 15, 2012, 02:41:34 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
Yes, blue clsn always have to be placed over any red clsn.  If not, the character's body part with only the red clsn is temporarily invincible during that frame, allowing him to override other characters' attacks.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#7  November 16, 2012, 01:26:53 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
While in school during a break, I watched a MvC2 video and I saw that on of Charlie's Hyper attacks was a triple somersault. That gave me an idea but I don't if this can work out. If I was to add a third Hyper attack for WereGarurumon, should it be a triple Wolf Claw but with a projectile made from the claws slashing? And another question for suggestion: Should I make his Heavy Punch a knockback "Counter" attack? And this is the changes I made/add so far:

-Added the MvC2 Combo messages ("First Attack, "Great","Danger, etc.), I still need to fix the Air Combo message and Tech Hit message.
-Fixed the Hyper Finish BG.
-Added the announcer sound where the guy says "Finished!" but it only works if the attack ends the round. This doesn't apply for Hyper attacks (Garuru Fury and Smash Kung Fu Upper)
#8  November 16, 2012, 03:07:51 am
Download Link:
Not for download. The character is being edited for updates.

If the char is not for download, I think that this topic should be moved to Projects subforum, the char is still a Wip.

While in school during a break, I watched a MvC2 video and I saw that on of Charlie's Hyper attacks was a triple somersault. That gave me an idea but I don't if this can work out. If I was to add a third Hyper attack for WereGarurumon, should it be a triple Wolf Claw but with a projectile made from the claws slashing?

Maybe can be similar to Clarice's hyper from Arcana Heart, adding a camera follower|screenbound like venom and hulk hypers and using the same fx that use clarice would be nice.
This video shows the hyper of which I am talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JlHLXB4gmM
#9  November 16, 2012, 03:35:57 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I like that attack... but where can I find this Clarice character so I can copy some of those FX to WereGarurumon?
#10  November 16, 2012, 03:47:51 am
google? jeje check your inbox, I sent you a pm with the link
Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:53:57 am by kainlucho
#11  November 24, 2012, 03:50:05 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Here's what I've done so far...

-I haven't figured how to add Clarice's projectile for the planned Hyper Attack I was gonna code.
-Added Some AI Coding from hsiehtm's Morrigan for his attacks and guarding, somewhat making him an extremely tough opponent. In my case in  MUGEN, he's earned the title of "Boss Character" alongside hsiehtm's Morrigan, making the 2 a deadly duo in Simul Mode. Yes, everytime I try to attack him, he blocks or Advance Guards then he combos me.
- Fixed the attacks coding and added the Aerial Rave, meaning you can now perform an Air Combo
-Changed the buttons of his attacks so the commands "y" and "b" are his medium punch/kick

Still need to do...

-Fix his Super Jump Velocity
-Finish his AI coding

Once that's done, this digimon will be as tough as he is currently.

Posted: November 27, 2012, 02:08:56 am
He is ready to be tested and please leave feedback on what I need to improve on Matsutzu's character

Changes made to this version:

-Fixed Air Combo attacks
-Has a good AI
-Garuru Fury can now be blocked

Download link's on the first post
Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:13:29 am by AceMugenFighter144
#12  November 28, 2012, 07:36:05 pm
Now is a decent char, still has some details:

- In MvC2 the light, medium and hard attacks sounds are differents, try implement this in the char.
- Instead of kfm sounds, use the MvC2 sounds.
- Standing medium kick doesn't has sound.
- Check (again) the collisions, still are moves with infinite priority.
- Some sprites are missaligned, for example the punch attacks.
- MvC2 has a 4 button layout, anyway, there are a lot of chars with mvc2 label that has a 6 button layout, is only a detail to keep in mind.
- Light wolf claw and mega wolf claw has the same command, but mega wolf claw use 1000 power, is a hyper attack?
- Garuru kick pausetime is high, IMO.
- If garuru kick projectile doesn't have a hit animation, then use -1 in projhitanim.
- Add a readme with the credits and commands for the moves.
- Remove the mugencharacters link in the char folder.
- Air combo is ok, coding an MvC air combo is a fucking pain (at least for me)
- In MVC the run is a dash, you haven't hold forward to do the dash, like run back. (Déjà vu)

I like how is being the char, playing MvC and doing a lot of test you will notice the small details that I search in the char.

PD: What happened with the hyper attack?
#13  November 29, 2012, 02:07:49 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Well, Light and Medium versions of his punch and kicks are the same. I can't ask the creator why because I don't think he does MUGEN anymore. I can change the command for Mega Claw for all 3 punch buttons though. And I agree with an MvC air combo. I had a LOT of difficulty trying to get that done right, but his AI allows him to throw a good 7 or an unlucky 8 hits on his opponent. As for the Hyper attack I planned, I can't seem to find Clarice's projectile for the attack. Maybe I could find a better projectile for WereGarurumon's Garuru Kick. You're right about the pausetime, because I did change the speed of his move and he does it rapidly with AI. I'll try to shorten that. I greatly appreciate for the feedback. This is NOT an easy task for me, to change a MUGEN character into a MvC character. And what do you mean by his Medium Kick doesn't have sound, the sound when he tries to make a hit or when it hits? I did implement the sound of the hits but the problem is that it's hard to tell because of the animation of the attacks.