YesNoOk

Weapon Holding/Throwing+Return Tutorials (Read 1036 times)

Started by All-Star Platinum, January 11, 2019, 06:20:43 pm
Share this topic:
Weapon Holding/Throwing+Return Tutorials
#1  January 11, 2019, 06:20:43 pm
  • Future Funk Punk
    • Canada
Aloha,

Is there any tutorials/templates of the creation of weapons? Specify looking for a ways to make a projectile as a boomerang type. A way to summon the weapon (following/staying with the character until using the same button to put it away) able to be thrown and return to the character Captain America style? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-A.S.P
Re: Weapon Holding/Throwing+Return Tutorials
#2  January 12, 2019, 06:54:32 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I would definitely look into Captain America/US Agent chars.
You'll end up facing a problem of being 1 tic behind, and having the weapon being "pushed" around or being slow. 
I dont know if you'll need a specific tutorial for this. I'd just use basic tracking of states and anims of a particular helper. You could probably get away with never using a var to keep track of the different characteristics of the states it's in. But I'd think a basic At P1 state, Flying, and Dead/put away, states would be enough. Then switch the anim(s) on button presses and locations.

What have you got put in place so far?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  January 12, 2019, 04:01:07 pm
  • Future Funk Punk
    • Canada
I appreciate the detailed response. I will take a look at Cap, is there one by a specific author or is it a universally use move? I know how to create projectiles but haven't started coding the move quite yet. Would I be able to bind the object to target? I vaguely remember a version of Dante (Devil May Cry) created from edited Rock Howard sprites that used a sword without changing the attacking sprites. 
#4  January 12, 2019, 06:01:12 pm
    • Peru
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."