YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2602086 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#341  February 08, 2012, 11:05:45 pm
pack it up nintentards

unboxing and demo of the devic. is says it in the title.
cool why didnt you include the footage of you buying it and the footage of you taking a massive shit or making a post here (same difference) if youre aiming to stretch out the video with uninteresting shit
#342  February 08, 2012, 11:38:30 pm
    • http://nxistence.tumblr.com/
Because those things would take more effort than him just throwing a long uneditted clip from his cameraphone into Windows Movie Maker.
#343  February 09, 2012, 03:35:56 am
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#344  February 10, 2012, 11:00:01 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Today, Bandai Namco, known as Namco Bandai in the West, revealed it's created a new studio called Bandai Namco Studio. It will be responsible for Tekken, SoulCalibur, Taiko no Tatsujin, the Tales games, and the Gundam games

GOH

#345  February 11, 2012, 02:49:21 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
http://www.shacknews.com/article/72413/steam-hack-exposed-2004-2008-transactions

Valve is continuing its investigation into last year's Steam hack, and has discovered that a backup file with four years of transactions was probably obtained by the hackers. A letter from Gabe Newell maintains that credit card information and passwords should be secure, but warns users to watch their credit card statements for suspicious activity.

"In my last note about this, I described how intruders had accessed our Steam database but we found no evidence that the intruders took information from that database," Newell wrote. "That is still the case.

"Recently we learned that it is probable that the intruders obtained a copy of a backup file with information about Steam transactions between 2004 and 2008. This backup file contained user names, email addresses, encrypted billing addresses and encrypted credit card information. It did not include Steam passwords."

The company says it still doesn't have any evidence that the encrypted credit cards or billing addresses were compromised, but Newell repeats his prior advice to keep an eye on your credit cards. "And of course keeping Steam Guard on is a good idea as well," he points out. "We are still investigating and working with law enforcement authorities."
#346  February 12, 2012, 10:54:18 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
#347  February 13, 2012, 02:39:58 am
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK

Sonic & SEGA All Star Racing sequel confirmed:
http://kotaku.com/5884388/start-your-engines-for-sonic--sega-all+stars-racing-sequel

Publisher Sega will release a sequel to Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing this holiday season, Kotaku has learned.

Toys associated with the franchise were displayed in a booth at the Toy Fair in New York this Sunday, where an attendant confirmed that Sega is making a sequel to the franchise-crossing kart racing game. There will be new characters and vehicles revealed later this year.

#348  February 13, 2012, 02:57:38 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
#349  February 13, 2012, 03:09:39 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
http://kotaku.com/5884388/start-your-engines-for-sonic--sega-all+stars-racing-sequel

Publisher Sega will release a sequel to Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing this holiday season, Kotaku has learned.

Toys associated with the franchise were displayed in a booth at the Toy Fair in New York this Sunday, where an attendant confirmed that Sega is making a sequel to the franchise-crossing kart racing game. There will be new characters and vehicles revealed later this year.

If this is happening, we need Ristar, and Nights as an actual racer.
#350  February 13, 2012, 04:11:43 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Ecco the Dolphin as a racer!!! >:[

also Joe Musashi on a horse or a surfboard or something I dunno

DMK

#351  February 13, 2012, 04:19:00 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
#352  February 13, 2012, 04:26:43 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
well that's the thing, you kinda can already

i'm judging by the fact that this is possible

DMK

#353  February 13, 2012, 04:29:39 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Alright you fucking win. :O
#354  February 13, 2012, 04:34:10 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#355  February 13, 2012, 04:35:56 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
#356  February 13, 2012, 06:51:02 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/

Woot! I absolutely loved the first game. I prefer it over Mario Kart.
#357  February 13, 2012, 06:54:27 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares

So will Nintendo allow Mario as a guest for the Wii/3DS version this time?
#358  February 13, 2012, 10:25:39 pm
    • USA
Oh God I hope not. Excuse used last time is still valid.

GOH

#359  February 14, 2012, 05:50:59 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
http://www.shacknews.com/article/72427/epic-founder-talks-unreal-engine-4-and-console-power

Epic Games vice president Mark Rein recently teased that the company will show off Unreal Engine 4 sometime this year. Whether or not the next generation consoles will even be powerful enough to take full advantage of it, though, is another story entirely.

Speaking at DICE (via Kotaku), Epic Games' Tim Sweeney said that the impressive "Samaritan" demo would require 2.5 teraFLOPs, while the current Xbox 360 can only handle .25. So to handle that in real-time, the next iteration of the Xbox would have to be ten times as powerful as the current generation. That's for a particularly impressive "Unreal 3" demo; the computational power needed for Unreal Engine 4 could vary.

Rumors have placed the next Xbox at six times the 360's processing power, short of the ten-fold increase required for Samaritan. Given Epic's intent on making sure UE4 ready on day one of the next generation, something will have to change. Epic did push Microsoft into raising RAM on the Xbox 360, and has been vocal about memory for the next generation, so the company has proven it can sway hardware decisions.

Unreal Engine 4 = 10x Xbox360 CPU
#360  February 14, 2012, 08:30:51 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Posting this here cause i'm to lazy to check for the other sonic 4 topic.

XBL leaked screenshots.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/SONIC-4-Episode-II/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111f2?cid=search

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Hints at online Co-op
The Sonic 4 Saga continues as Sonic reunites with Tails for all new collaborative play! Following the events of Episode I, Metal Sonic has returned to form a formidable alliance with Dr. Eggman! To face this new threat, Sonic will have to call upon an old friend to help him save the day! Joined by Tails, utilise ingenious combination moves and race across four brand new Zones, in order to put an end to their evil plans! Play alone, or with a friend locally (and online), in an evolution of Sonic 2's collaborative gameplay! Unleash Sonic and Tails’ devastating joint attacks and combination moves to fight the united force of Metal Sonic and Dr. Eggman. Episode II features an all new game engine, bringing you updated physics and an original graphical style as you race through four unique Zones and a new Special Stage.
Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:39:40 pm by Girard