YesNoOk

Really Easy Sprite Ripping from Variable Geo Custom (Read 6559 times)

Started by Legayto B, November 20, 2004, 02:07:49 am
Share this topic:
Really Easy Sprite Ripping from Variable Geo Custom
#1  November 20, 2004, 02:07:49 am
I wrote a tutorial on how to do this way back in July. I think I was still banned then, so I didn't post about it here. Regardless, I wrote a program that more-or-less renders half that tutorial pointless, so I updated it and uploaded the program in question.

http://jeff.sandwich.net/vgctutorial/vgctut.html

I know, I am like the only person on the planet who ever had a use for this. But, there it is anyway. Maybe if someone asks me really, really nicely I'll give them the sprites for one of the characters. Maybe.
:banneded:
Re: Really Easy Sprite Ripping from Variable Geo Custom
#2  November 21, 2004, 08:24:46 pm
  • I'm everyware.......Or am i???
    • lipucd.deviantart.com/
Oh yes...I remember this...Im was looking for a program to rip sprites from playstation games and had found it...I might do one but if the games got h-type stuff in it...NAAA.....But at least the ripper is there ;)
Working projects:

Felicia---75% (programmings going well..in a few months she MIGHT be ready for a releace.)

Q-Bee---60%( Programming specal attakcs now)
#3  November 21, 2004, 11:59:17 pm
  • I'm Always watching You
Oh yes...I remember this...Im was looking for a program to rip sprites from playstation games and had found it...

If you are talking about this game, then this is for PC no PS.

About the tutorial, It's good, But you Should Have Done one for Variable Geo Max  ;)
#4  November 22, 2004, 10:37:35 pm
Too bad Giga wasn't as lazy on VG Max. :P
:banneded:
#5  November 23, 2004, 09:48:58 pm
  • I'm everyware.......Or am i???
    • lipucd.deviantart.com/
Oh yes...I remember this...Im was looking for a program to rip sprites from playstation games and had found it...

If you are talking about this game, then this is for PC no PS.

About the tutorial, It's good, But you Should Have Done one for Variable Geo Max  ;)

Please note I was LOOKING for a Ps ripper...I never found anything about ps ripping though...just computer game ones...bah!
Working projects:

Felicia---75% (programmings going well..in a few months she MIGHT be ready for a releace.)

Q-Bee---60%( Programming specal attakcs now)
#6  November 26, 2004, 08:01:57 pm
yea, i used your old way, i ripped all the sprites and none of the effects, because that would of been murder, but i found it humerous that all you had do to was replace a few colors here and there. what i did was use colors from already existing sprites, and just did trial and error to figure out which color goes where, but it worked, and was awsome.