YesNoOk

Mario 2.0 released & Luigi  (Read 27873 times)

Started by k6666orochi, August 30, 2020, 11:15:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mario 2.0 released & Luigi
#21  March 13, 2021, 07:33:50 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Have only tested him for a few minutes now, but just have to say great update so far. The combos are easier to pull off now with the "B hits" adjustments. Special intro against Luigi is also pretty dope, and his run is much more believable with the added effect which may seem minor in the big scheme, but was needed. No bugs or glitches yet, but I'm just getting started. Thanks for sharing, and again, great work on the update.
#22  March 13, 2021, 06:25:48 pm
I like the Luigi astral combo but after getting hit with the hammer, the opponent should probably be in the dizzy state or something. I think the opponent size should be reduced like Mario and Luigi’s were during that move as well
#23  March 13, 2021, 08:02:20 pm
    • Argentina
I like the Luigi astral combo but after getting hit with the hammer, the opponent should probably be in the dizzy state or something. I think the opponent size should be reduced like Mario and Luigi’s were during that move as well
everything is done on purpose making reference to the Mario & Luigi games which is a turn based game and the point that the player 2 is bigger would be a reference to the boss fights
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#24  March 13, 2021, 08:36:18 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
everything is done on purpose making reference to the Mario & Luigi games which is a turn based game and the point that the player 2 is bigger would be a reference to the boss fights

Changing this in Mario.cns (main data file)

[State 810, Bind 1]
type = Targetstate
trigger1 = !time
value = 3902

into this might help this issue

[State 810, Bind 1]
type = Targetstate
trigger1 = !time
value = 5500

also while were on the topic of small issues
y Axis for sprite no. 7017,0 should be set to -150 or lower
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
New #25  March 14, 2021, 01:49:06 am

Gotcha

I get it’s from that game but I think it’d look better in the Mugen setting if they got smaller too.. that could justify being hit with a hammer prior the hyper if they got smaller since you don’t have them in a dizzy or hurt state
Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 04:34:58 am by dakidbanks
#26  March 14, 2021, 04:11:55 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Sorry for the late reply. My thanks to you for the hard work. Here's my feedbacks on Mario:

-Holding up in the air will trigger his jump cancel. (This is a recent change made by OHMSBY on his characters.)
-Mario's grab cannot be escaped. (Idk if this is intentionally made or not but most of your RWBY characters were also having the same issue.)
-Mario's Tornado and EX Tornado have the wrong attribute flags.
-Mario's EX Tornado costs two meters instead of one.
-Mario's Cape cannot be rapid cancelled.
-Super Jump Punch's landing sound effect can use the default falling sound instead of the landing sound of Mario since he didn't hit the ground by his feets.
-The dust effect from his forward dodge can be used for his Super Jump Punch for aesthetics.
-Super Jump Punch is missing the punching sound.
-Running grab doesn't need the "!" effect since It's always unable to escape.
-The BG of his Astral Heat is misaligned for me. (I'm using MUGEN 1.0 anw.)
-During his Astral Heat, the opponent's size didn't get minimized, which is kinda funny to see.

That's all about Mario for now. I'll let you know if I find something else after testing Luigi and Mario the second time. I also shall be testing your RWBY characters if you don't mind updating them.