YesNoOk

Fighter's Generator ( previously Nekoconeko )( a new fighting game engine) (Read 112050 times)

Started by Bastard Mami, December 21, 2017, 07:40:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter's Generator ( previosuly Nekoconeko )( a new fighting game engine)
#81  March 24, 2018, 05:35:23 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
nope, just overwrite the files.

that reminds ,e that I might have to look into installers, or at least, the steam install process.
#82  July 23, 2018, 06:11:37 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
bump for some visibility as some beta testers need access to the thread.
I will also add a few (minor ) news later, on the day.
#83  July 27, 2018, 07:57:18 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
You're far enough to invite beta testing?
#84  July 27, 2018, 11:31:37 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Well, one of the updates is that I am scrapping the idea of making the IDE in python, funny thing, ebcause I learned more python and have no need to add to my python skills by coding that, I also learned more .net at work and learned a way to share code between .net projects so I can make it so the IDE runs parts of the engine. I also learned how to specifically make a debug version of the engine, thoguh that was already doable with what I knew before, but now I require less effort to do that.

You're far enough to invite beta testing?

Yeah, the engine was mostly usuable when it was aimed for making full games.
The thing is, with in house engines the engine takes priority over the tools, until actual games start getting made and the tools take priority, but the company never got to that point, so the tools for game creation are very lacking. Since I foresaw that the file formats the engine used are pretty open and relatively easy ot edit without special tools ; the sprite sheet file is a png file; animation file is a json file, most of the code files are also json files. json is a text file with special annotations.