YesNoOk

add004basic (Read 1486616 times)

Started by Shiyo Kakuge, June 18, 2014, 05:46:41 pm
Share this topic:
Re: add004basic
#261  July 25, 2015, 07:48:32 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
theoretically would it be possible for someone to set this up to work similar to MK9's tag system? For example use your tag partner's special move at the cost of a bar of meter?
#262  July 25, 2015, 08:16:54 am
  • Raging Fist
You mean like what marvel vs capcom did with that Hyper assist or other tag based games?
I think it might be possible with a small edit of the tag assist code. Like say u can edit the assist code as a HYPER assist code using say D,DF,F + TAG with a meter cost or even a combo LVL3 attack but that's all I know. I haven't tried due to lack of coding skills but theoretically it can be done.
If someone (maybe the creator if he reads this) can do said edit, that would give a better shot of a more resilient Tag based system: One with Tag assist, Tag outs, and possible Meteor Tag assists.. I can see it!
#263  July 25, 2015, 12:36:05 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
Why does his Ryu produce clones of himself? I use 1.1.

Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:47:47 pm by YugaCurry
#264  July 25, 2015, 12:46:57 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I must say, I've seen these things for a long time, but never tried them, they're making me like Mugen a whole lot more again. A universal combo announcer, and tech hit messages, and a even pretty well functioning tag-system (Which I thought I would hate.) is just what I needed. Anyways, with the praise out of the way, I have some questions:

-Is there anyway I could fuse this "system" with another 1.1 random screenpack without a bunch of confusing coding related stuff? I have a few empty 1.1 driven screenpacks lying around, and I'd love to be able to have some more spaces.

-Does this work with all stages? (1.1 compatible ones and stuff like that, of course.)

-Someday, the CvS2 announcer will drive me crazy. Would I change that like anything else, Mugen-wise? Same with hitsparks and other things, too.

-For tag mode, is there a way for the A.I. to control the 2nd player? (My teamate.) I know I could probably just press Crtl and 2, but still...

Also, the fact you can now have double layered lifebars is mind blowing to me. This thing is amazing.
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:53:43 pm by マリオ·ピザ
#265  July 25, 2015, 01:07:12 pm
  • 魂-Tamashi!!
    • Skype - Fallenad16
    • 1drv.ms/1xuFckG
I used mugen 1.1 aswell but his version of ryu never did that to me did you change any coding

And you can change the screenpack just place everything related to the screenpack in the lifebars folder then open the system.def then change the lifebar location too the add004 lifebar any variant will do wich are located in res in their respective folder (svc, bs and 04) you will then have to open the lifebars fight.def then change the localcoords for each thingy (you will know when you look at it) depening on your screenpack and go back a few pages and you will see my post relating to changing or adding more stuff to the lifebar like stun and guard break and removing the ports
add004 does nothing to stages unless you want your chars to have a water animation when they jump or walk just put in WATER in the authors name place
#266  July 25, 2015, 01:09:45 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
I used mugen 1.1 aswell but his version of ryu never did that to me did you change any coding

Nope, never changed a thing. I just can't figure it out.

Just had to get his latest update. Fixed.
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:59:31 pm by YugaCurry
#267  July 25, 2015, 02:44:50 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
think u can help with this?

Drat, after goofing around a little with the files, I was trying to switch the normal default Mugen to his Mugen Match 2 screenpack, but ran into a similar error to this. So, I have to find a 1280x720 screenpack, then?
#268  July 25, 2015, 02:58:45 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
@マリオ·ピザ: No. In the fight.def within the add004 folder, there are lines which u can comment ( ; ) and uncomment. Uncomment the ones against 240 and comment out  the ones against 480 and 720, wherever you see them.

#269  July 25, 2015, 04:03:06 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Alright, it's normal now. Thanks a whole lot.

A random thing I found is: When I tried that new Paper Mario edit in this, it won't let me use his assists, or his Level 3. Anybody have any clue what the issue is?

Actually, I can't seem to use strikers at all...
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:06:47 pm by マリオ·ピザ
#270  July 25, 2015, 05:02:20 pm
  • Raging Fist
Suggestion: Use the NEWEST add004 he's got. The reason why u got those clone copies is because tatsu is using a projectile helper code that shares the newest add004's (ver. 20150707) common01.cns. Surprisingly this said code only truly affects the projectile's alpha, giving say a CVS2 Hi-res projectile effect a more KOFXIII appearance. Problem is working out the bugs on a few attacks like Raging storm or Psycho Crusher.
That said, just use the newest add004. Comes in with a mugen standalone thing too. Just add a SP and go from there.
#271  July 25, 2015, 05:20:16 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
Suggestion: Use the NEWEST add004 he's got. The reason why u got those clone copies is because tatsu is using a projectile helper code that shares the newest add004's (ver. 20150707) common01.cns. Surprisingly this said code only truly affects the projectile's alpha, giving say a CVS2 Hi-res projectile effect a more KOFXIII appearance. Problem is working out the bugs on a few attacks like Raging storm or Psycho Crusher.
That said, just use the newest add004. Comes in with a mugen standalone thing too. Just add a SP and go from there.

Yes, I realized I was using an older version and downloaded the latest one. It worked like a charm. :)
#272  July 25, 2015, 09:50:46 pm
    • USA
Glad to see others finally picking this up! It has changed mugen for me indeed. Also the grade system is amazing.
#273  July 25, 2015, 10:16:34 pm
  • Raging Fist
IKR!!
I'm still trying to find a good screenpack to use for this system. I was thinking just using Mugenmatch2 that was updatedfor Mugen 1.1 in the past, but the problem is 1) getting all of the different add004 types to work on it and 2) It has no victory screen and coding up one is a pain on this SP for some strange reason.
#274  July 26, 2015, 12:37:00 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Yeah, the lack of a winquote screen is kinda killing it for me, too...
#275  July 26, 2015, 01:17:27 am
  • Raging Fist
Ikr!
I mean the sp is perfect, esp with that Neogeo old school vibe to it. It just needs a victory screen :X
#276  July 26, 2015, 02:09:08 am
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
IKR!!
I'm still trying to find a good screenpack to use for this system. I was thinking just using Mugenmatch2 that was updatedfor Mugen 1.1 in the past, but the problem is 1) getting all of the different add004 types to work on it and 2) It has no victory screen and coding up one is a pain on this SP for some strange reason.

Just wait for my Sp  :sunny: lol
I am implementing the Addon tag system and all its awesome features to the lifebar I'm working on.
Tatsu really did something special.
#277  July 26, 2015, 06:47:36 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Alright, after looking a bit in the common file to see what I can edit, I first see this:

(Code from the common1.cns)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

It wants me to look for some marks, so I guess I was supposed to be looking for sections marked with "@". After finding some, beneath them were huge sections of code. What exactly would I change in these piles of code? For example, I was wondering if you could edit what command-based move you could make the assist do, aside from Hadouken + Light Punch, if maybe I could make it Hadouken + Strong Punch instead.

Plus, I was wondering about a few other things:

-When I used the Battle Dome character, I tried to summon him as a assist, and his small portrait came out, and just stayed there, and I was unable to do anything else with him. Mugen still acted as if his character was onscreen, though. Anybody know why that happened, or is it the character's fault? the Pie.004 thing said he was converted properly, too...

-Another weird tag glitch is that I had Wriggle on my team, and she shot a beetle, and did about 3 hits, like normal, but afterwards acted like some weird moving obstacle, and did no more damage, and I couldn't summon her again. After the beetle was eventually hit, it died like normal, and I was free to change into her or assist her, so I changed, and after she was hit, she somehow became that beetle, "died" like the beetle, and vanished, and I couldn't change, or summon my teammate.

-I've seen some people have their teammate's health bar behind the current player, like in the older MvC games, but it doesn't for me. How would I do that?

-I've ran into several characters, (Japanese, most likely.) they would have .cmd errors due to some of there attack names, because of that common error where Japanese would be garbled symbols. They work in my normal Mugen, though, and my computer is currently on the Japanese region setting, so I can play doujins. I hope I won't need to have to go into there files and change the names myself...

-Also, some character's assist attacks just make them taunt, like ToonAlexSora007's Arnold. Is that a error of sorts?

-Is there a way to disable Guard Crush? Considering the many factors of Mugen, it's real broken when fighting some opponents.

-Is there a way to make the "Assist O.K." thing just a little shorter? Considering how the current command is a slow projectile for a large chunk of my roster, I'd like the ability to have them out a bit more.

-The last glitch I ran into, a few characters get stuck right before they touch the ground after I beat their teammate, and can't be hit, or do anything.

-Lastly, in this .gif:

Put in spoiler, because it's that Vore Kirby again:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

At the beginning, that looks like a dizzy system on Yoshi. Is there already one in this, or is that just Yoshi or Kirby who triggers it? Same with that dramatic red flash, too.

Yeah, it's a lot of questions, sorry about that...
Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:52:07 am by マリオ·ピザ
#278  July 26, 2015, 07:07:22 am
  • 魂-Tamashi!!
    • Skype - Fallenad16
    • 1drv.ms/1xuFckG
like i said before you can change somethings in the common1.cns file just go check my post on the 12th page and some of those assist errors are caused by the chars because the assist defultly uses statedef 1000 for every char for example ryu's assist is hadoken which is the stateded 1000 but you can overwrite it just look through this topic and you will find posts that explain how to do it and about the health bar behind the current player are you by chance talking about this lifebar?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90QJI5d9zOg
 if so its included with the add004 tatsu put in 3 variants of the lifebars first the one your using then SVC then then BS based on his Babel Sword game (the one in the video above) just read through all of the pages on this topic and you will find some of the answers to your question
#279  July 26, 2015, 08:10:22 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I found it. That answered most of them. Thanks again. But, about the lifebars, they were the same as the normal add004 ones, but, you could see how much life your teammate had, too.

Also, I tried to "change" a character with the Pie.004 application,  and it crashes midway through the process. Is the character too big, or something.

And, just now, my partner's A.I. activates, too. I thought I would enjoy having that, but I don't really like it. I don't really know what triggered it, but all of a sudden, I couldn't play as my partners at all in any match.
Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:31:48 pm by マリオ·ピザ
#280  July 27, 2015, 09:31:23 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
And, just now, my partner's A.I. activates, too. I thought I would enjoy having that, but I don't really like it. I don't really know what triggered it, but all of a sudden, I couldn't play as my partners at all in any match.

There are .bat files in there right?  You're running them right?
If the AI still takes over, it sounds more like a problem in that character's AI activation.