YesNoOk

Scrap Brain Zone Act 3 (Sonic) (Read 4314 times)

Started by Mr. I, December 16, 2007, 09:59:17 pm
Share this topic:
Scrap Brain Zone Act 3 (Sonic)
#1  December 16, 2007, 09:59:17 pm
    • Canada
Scrap Brain Zone Act Three from the original Sonic the Hedgehog; Not that shitty gba port.
Caution: water level rises and falls.

Intro:

Left of the stage:

Right of the stage with flooded water:

And the download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/77047917/scrapbrainzone3.rar.html

PS. If anyone wants to host this stage, feel free to. If only for the stage to survive the 1 month no dl at rapidshare...
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 10:06:53 pm by Shift b is B
Re: Scrap Brain Zone Act 3 (Sonic)
#2  December 16, 2007, 10:15:52 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
1 pixel high floor + stuff that's on that 1 pixel high floor = a stage that lacks depth.
#3  December 16, 2007, 10:21:25 pm
    • Canada
Ok, I'll see what i can do about the 1 pixel floor. Unfortunately that is what the game offers.
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
#4  December 17, 2007, 04:49:08 am
    • www-personal.umich.edu/~tdkim/ziltama/
Oi...

The top of the water layer looks sloppy.  You can easily see dark blue above the water.

The layout itself is a mess.  The floor simply doesn't work for Mugen, even if you're only using chibi characters or characters with flat feet.  The zoffset line is ABOVE the floor, so even flat feet characters are floating 1-2 pixels above.  Having objects directly on the playing field isn't good either.

Not even sure what to advise here.
#5  December 18, 2007, 07:12:57 pm
BTW, this isn't Scrap Brain Zone. It's Labyrinth Zone.
#6  December 19, 2007, 12:46:46 am
    • Canada
I do agree with ziltama in that my layout is a total mess. I do have a tendency to slap as much as i can onto a stage, mostly to the point where it gets to distracting to play on. Perhaps i should have considered the 1 pixel floor thing as the first sign that this stage is unplayable. I'm not quite sure about the blue layer appearing over the water. In the game the water quickly flashes so i tried to mimic that same effect. Oh well, I guess not all levels are suited to be stages for mugen. I'll guess i'll try another concept.
#7  December 25, 2007, 02:48:38 am
  • Green Knight LVL 94
BTW, this isn't Scrap Brain Zone. It's Labyrinth Zone.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Go back and play it to see for yourself that Act 3 is underneath the base in caverns that look like Labyrinth Zone, but are not. Plus Act 3 has no Level clear Sign. You just hit a spring and blast up into Final Zone.

\\\"Nothing justifies 5ing burning cats, Not Even Doom Music.\\\" - Titanium-Gecko