YesNoOk

Pallet problem. I think my character might have some color loss soon  (Read 304 times)

Started by Odb718, January 10, 2012, 02:07:12 pm
Share this topic:
Pallet problem. I think my character might have some color loss soon
#1  January 10, 2012, 02:07:12 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
My character has a couple pallets, about 7. I've switched which ones I wanted to be the #1 pallet a couple of times. I've needed to edit a sprite in an external editor besides FFU. When I save the sprite it's saving with the current #1 pallet. Which is a problem because 3 of the colors I've set to be the same. When I use FFU or mugen the other sprites work perfect with no color loss.
How can I get the original pallet of the sprites back. I'm not sure how I, or FFU got the sprites to switch to the new color pallet originally. I'm afraid my sprites will have some color loss if I cant change it back.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Re: Pallet problem. I think my character might have some color loss soon
#2  January 28, 2012, 03:43:26 pm
  • Back for a few months.
    • USA
It's not easy for me to understand what you're saying. I don't think in English. You edited one sprite, and now that you saved it back to the sff, the other sprites now use that one sprite's palette, which has less colors than the original palette?

If so, one thing would be to save that one sprite with it using an original palette.

If that sprite can't use an original palette without losing the edits you made, I recommend putting the new colors of that one sprite onto each of the original palettes without moving any of the original palette's colors. You'd have to move the one sprite's color indexes to the new spots on the original palettes, and that would be another issue.