YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 743411 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros for Switch
#161  May 29, 2018, 02:17:47 pm
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Come on guys E3 is just less then a week away.
#162  May 29, 2018, 04:25:14 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
The one that was chosen out of 3 popularity contest winners because one was most likely a meme or joke, and the other was a singing robot schoolgirl.

Eh. I'd rather have Hatsune Miku over Bayonetta.
This is fate.
#163  May 29, 2018, 09:47:44 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
The one that was chosen out of 3 popularity contest winners because one was most likely a meme or joke, and the other was a singing robot schoolgirl.

That's not what happened?  She was within the top 3 most voted characters for the US and Japan, and was the number 1 most voted in Europe.  There's no way you can spin this that doesn't end with her winning the contest clean.  Take a statistics class or something.  Any way you slice it she came out on top above every single character included on a Nintendo system, including first party characters.  To say "nobody wanted her" is not just factually wrong, it's completely baseless.  Now if you say YOU didn't want her, that's a different story and you can't argue against that.
#164  May 29, 2018, 10:08:18 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com

That's not what happened?  She was within the top 3 most voted characters for the US and Japan, and was the number 1 most voted in Europe.  There's no way you can spin this that doesn't end with her winning the contest clean.  Take a statistics class or something.  Any way you slice it she came out on top above every single character included on a Nintendo system, including first party characters.  To say "nobody wanted her" is not just factually wrong, it's completely baseless.  Now if you say YOU didn't want her, that's a different story and you can't argue against that.

top 5, in everywhere, not just us and japan and thanks to europe we all got someone no one wanted

and i too would rather have some meme or joke instead of bayonetta
this website is stupid
#165  May 29, 2018, 10:41:02 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
That is the most asinine thing I've ever heard

I don't give a shit about half the Pokemon they put in, that doesn't mean I'd rather them put some half-assed character because it's all about me and fuck everybody else

She was the highest ranking character in the poll that they could do so they put her in and that's the end of it

And she's pretty much a Nintendo character now because they're the only ones licensing her games so you might as well get used to her
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#166  May 29, 2018, 10:49:50 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

I'm not upset at her in the slightest. I was just stating facts.

Now, Cloud on the other hand...
#167  May 29, 2018, 11:14:52 pm
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Honestly, I'd rather Sakurai and Nintendo just call the shots for characters at this point. All this fan input is headache inducing.
#168  May 29, 2018, 11:21:09 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
...Cloud what?  Certainly Cloud was wanted and popular, just considered impossible due to preconceived rules about third-party characters.  Not without some form of basis, mind you, but not so rigid that they couldn't be bent enough to allow one of the biggest RPG characters out there in.

Unless you mean you're completely against all characters that don't put Nintendo first, regardless of their status and popularity.  In which case....sorry?  Smash certainly is Nintendo focused, but when opportunity arises to bring other huge names into the fold, people are going to want it.  Like, imagine they want to represent the FPS genre (other than Samus, which Metroid Prime is a far cry from your typical FPS anyways) and the option for Master Chief or Gordon Freeman comes up?  That would be a huge draw.

Oh my god, could you imagine Gordon Freeman using the gravity gun for far-ranged grabs, though?  That would be awesome/terribly broken.
Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:35:47 pm by Long John Killer
#169  May 29, 2018, 11:34:26 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

top 5, in everywhere, not just us and japan and thanks to europe we all got someone no one wanted

What combination of drugs do you have to be on to interpret "This character won a popularity contest spanning 3 entire continents" as "nobody in the world wanted this character".
#170  May 29, 2018, 11:42:21 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

I mean that I personally do not like Cloud at all. That was all I meant.

They already have Mario and Yoshi to represent the FPS genre, I mean... Who else would they choose? Doomguy or B.J. Blastowitz?
#171  May 29, 2018, 11:44:58 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
What the fuck?

Mario and Yoshi were in one shooter and it was an obscure Super Scope rail shooter on the SNES (Yoshi's Safari)

I think it's time to stop
#172  May 30, 2018, 12:00:14 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Also yes, they would choose DoomGuy.  The series has got history with Nintendo, and still has an exclusive what with Doom 64.  Heavily censored compared to the likes of Doom 4, obviously, like Bayonetta went through, but you can still get away with things like the Plasma Gun or BFG9000.  Not sure how you'd go about fitting in the signature Super Shotgun because you're not losing that, but hypothetically DoomGuy can be made to fit in.
#173  May 30, 2018, 04:41:54 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA

and i too would rather have some meme or joke instead of bayonetta

Have you considered auditioning for the circus?  Because those are the most impressive mental gymnastics I've seen in a while. 

Honestly, I'd rather Sakurai and Nintendo just call the shots for characters at this point. All this fan input is headache inducing.

Of course I believe everyone is entitled to feel however they do about any character's presence or exclusion.  I only take issue when I see complete ignorance used to justify either.  These games aren't being sold to a sole individual, so to disregard the tastes of thousands because one person disagrees is more than a little questionable. 
#174  June 03, 2018, 01:13:06 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Remember how Nintendo added a what the fuck NES character to Melee with Ice Climbers?
And then a what the fuck NES character to Brawl with ROB?
And then a what the fuck NES character to Smash 4 with Duck Hunt?
I want the what the fuck NES character of Smash Bros for Switch to be Mike Jones from StarTropics, and I just couldn't care less how unlikely his addition would be.
I know he wont be in Smash Bros for Switch, but that still wont stop me from dreaming, damn it!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#175  June 03, 2018, 08:15:03 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

What about Star Man from Pro Wrestling? Would be interesting to have a grappler. And then they could reboot that and have the game reach a whole new audience.
#176  June 03, 2018, 08:31:02 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Most likely it will be Takamaru, but ...

I'd like it to be either Balloon Fighter with a gameplay focused around air-game. Or, Lip from Panel De Pon, being a summoner of those blocks.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#177  June 04, 2018, 01:12:08 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#178  June 08, 2018, 03:27:53 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
E3 can't come quickly enough. Hopefully, the reveal trailer will shed some light on a few things.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#179  June 10, 2018, 01:59:17 pm
#180  June 10, 2018, 06:52:44 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Don't know the validity of the post, so take it with a grain of salt. Even if it was posted to Twitter on May 30.

https://twitter.com/TannerLPer/status/1001940499429814273

Listed companies based on copyright: Nintendo, Pokemon/Creatures/Game Freak, Intelligent Systems, Sega, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, Konami

Speculate.