YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734220 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1681  September 09, 2019, 07:16:37 pm
    • Brazil
A fad implies that it's popularity is temporary and forgotten about in a short amount of the time. Undertale is still massively popular and a sequel is literally in the works.

No it's not a damn fad.
Thank you. The game was released 4 fucking years ago, and its still crazy popular, there is no way in hell this is fad.
#1682  September 09, 2019, 07:25:00 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
A couple other franchises that crossed my mind are Double Dragon and Bubble Bobble.

And Macaulyn, good call on Lara Croft - totally forgot about her.

HMK posted this yesterday: https://twitter.com/HMKilla/status/1170881404193902592

HMK said:
Based on character comments after Nintendo reveal more Character DLC*

Sora made into the #1 in NA and EU and #2 in Japan AND is the only character on all 3 lists...

Japan: Lloyd, Sora, Dante, Monster Hunter, Byleth, Arle Nadja, Gundam, Raiden*, Sephiroth, 2B
United States: Sora, Crash, Shantae*, Geno*, Steve, Doomslayer, Master Chief, Waluigi*, 2B, Bandana Dee*
United Kingdom: Sora, Steve, Crash, Rayman*, Doomslayer, Geno*, Heavy, Agumon(!), Dante, Jibanyan

* Currently a spirit
! Digimon started out a video game as part of the Tamagotchi craze, so they can qualify
#1683  September 09, 2019, 07:31:32 pm
No more fad characters please, Sans already fills the fad games quota. Also please no meme characters.

I just want Jazz Jackrabbit.
Undertale isn't a fad game. Also, a Rabbid is much more likely to be added than an obscure ugly rabbit that nobody remembers.

it kinda is, i mean nobody is talking about the sequel.

a tales rep would be nice , probably a character from berseria or the upcoming one.  velvet would be good she's very unique especially we've got too many sword guys already. magilou would be nice too she'd fit right in. plus both her japanese and english VA are pretty good i wouldn't mind hearing her voice again.
#1684  September 09, 2019, 07:37:46 pm
    • Brazil
No more fad characters please, Sans already fills the fad games quota. Also please no meme characters.

I just want Jazz Jackrabbit.
Undertale isn't a fad game. Also, a Rabbid is much more likely to be added than an obscure ugly rabbit that nobody remembers.

it kinda is, i mean nobody is talking about the sequel.
It was literally ALL that was talked about when it was released, and Undertale itself is still massively popular, regardless of Deltarune.
#1685  September 09, 2019, 08:36:32 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
A couple other franchises that crossed my mind are Double Dragon and Bubble Bobble.

And Macaulyn, good call on Lara Croft - totally forgot about her.

HMK posted this yesterday: https://twitter.com/HMKilla/status/1170881404193902592

HMK said:

Sora made into the #1 in NA and EU and #2 in Japan AND is the only character on all 3 lists...

Japan: Lloyd, Sora, Dante, Monster Hunter, Byleth, Arle Nadja, Gundam, Raiden*, Sephiroth, 2B
United States: Sora, Crash, Shantae*, Geno*, Steve, Doomslayer, Master Chief, Waluigi*, 2B, Bandana Dee*
United Kingdom: Sora, Steve, Crash, Rayman*, Doomslayer, Geno*, Heavy, Agumon(!), Dante, Jibanyan

* Currently a spirit
! Digimon started out a video game as part of the Tamagotchi craze, so they can qualify
I would honestly be surprised if Sora gets in.
#1686  September 09, 2019, 10:36:35 pm
  • hecc

HMK said:

Japan has good taste. I would be cool with any of them and Lloyd was my number 1 most wanted in Smash.
I dont see him being part of fighter's pass 1 since they already went with 2 other RPG characters so I imagine he'd be a safe bet for one of the extras after Fighter's Pass 1. Worst case scenario they bring back the Mii costume at least.
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1687  September 10, 2019, 02:24:09 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
All this talk of a run-'n-gun rep makes me think that it'd be great to see a Treasure franchise in there.
I remember a time when Sm4sh had polls, a ton of folks were pushing for Gunstar Red/Blue. That'd be pretty sick.
#1688  September 10, 2019, 03:10:18 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Wait, Gundam is in Japan's top picks?  Like, we're talking Mobile Suit Gundam, right, the RX-78-2 Gundam?  Surely that doesn't count if Goku doesn't despite the plethora of big Dragon Ball games over the years.

The only ones one those three lists I don't know are Jibanyan and Byleth.  And is the Heavy Weapons Guy really the face of Team Fortress?  I know he was picked for Valve's crossover poker game, but I always thought it was more the Scout or Spy, personally.  I'd be down for Heavy to be honest, though, that could be a lot of fun.

Though wait, Minecraft over Doom and Halo?  By popularity alone I don't think it was over Doom, and I was always under the impression people were accepting of it being the rep best suited for Microsoft as a whole over Halo, not wanted by demand.  That makes me raise an eyebrow if there's anything to this list.
Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 03:16:11 am by Long John Killer
#1689  September 10, 2019, 04:45:20 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Japan: Lloyd, Sora, Dante, Monster Hunter, Byleth, Arle Nadja, [bGundam[/b], Raiden*, Sephiroth, 2B
japan, you crazy

Wait, Gundam is in Japan's top picks?  Like, we're talking Mobile Suit Gundam, right, the RX-78-2 Gundam?  Surely that doesn't count if Goku doesn't despite the plethora of big Dragon Ball games over the years.
I don't think it was specified which Gundam that got voted for. The Twitter link showing the poll uses a picture of Nu Gundam, which is the most popular Gundam design in Japan, but I doubt the poll was voting for the Nu Gundam specifically.

I guess Gundam vaguely has a special relationship with Nintendo? But like, not that special? The second Gundam game ever, and the first ever to be released on a console, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: Hot Scramble, came out on the NES in 1986. It had some pretty impressive (for the time) first person shooting action (and also some very bad third person platforming sections that were literally tacked on at the last minute when producers realized you'd otherwise spend the entire game without ever seeing the actual Zeta Gundam):

The game was famous enough to warrant a rerelease on the GBA as part of the NES Classic line, and also has a special Gunpla named after it that was made for the 30th anniversary of the franchise and was including as a playable unit in one of the Gundam Versus games.

Now, obviously, that's not that big of a deal, all things considered. Not even I would say that it warrants an entry from Gundam in Smash, even if one doesn't take into account that for all the talk about Ridley being too big, fucking 20 meter tall robots are definitely way too fucking big to be in Smash!
#1690  September 10, 2019, 04:50:55 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
If we get a Gundam rep somehow, no matter what series it's from, here's hoping that the stage is Side 7 just so it's at least consistent with the EXVS crowd lmao
#1691  September 10, 2019, 05:03:31 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#1692  September 12, 2019, 12:54:50 am
#1693  September 13, 2019, 01:12:26 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio

#1694  September 14, 2019, 03:38:58 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
During an acceptance speech at the Japan Game Awards, Sakurai had two very interesting things to say regarding Ultimate:

1) The reason he's been so dedicated to make Ultimate as big and as great as possible was because making Smash Bros for the Switch was the "last mission" he was given by Iwata, and he considers the game a tribute to his late friend.

2) He wants people to stop fucking asking him to put Goku in the game because he's not a video game character and it will never happen.
#1695  September 14, 2019, 03:43:40 pm
    • Brazil
2) He wants people to stop fucking asking him to put Goku in the game because he's not a video game character and it will never happen.
God bless his soul, I don't get why was this so hard to understand.
#1696  September 16, 2019, 01:59:14 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Finally..!! Now he said it, now everyone can lay off of him about Goku!
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1697  September 16, 2019, 02:30:44 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
That ain't gonna stop em
#1698  September 16, 2019, 04:29:35 am
    • Brazil
That ain't gonna stop em
It sure will reduce the number of people requesting that. Seriously, Smash never had a single character whose origin was not in a videogame (R.O.B. being the only exception, but even then, he was a video game acessory, despite not being a character), if they actually wanted to add random characters they would have done that a long time ago.
#1699  September 16, 2019, 12:21:23 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Hopefully he can get some rest from Goku, Shrek, Spongebob and all of that cancer.

However, even tho most of us understand the easy prinsip of; "origin must come from a video game."
How about the Melee rumour, do you think James Bond was even considered? I know it's an old rumour, but with the old idea in mind, do you think it's safe to say that the rumour is debunked completley now?
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1700  September 16, 2019, 12:55:27 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I really wish to see Arle from Puyo Puyo series or Klonoa in Smash.
That's right. Especially Klonoa since he haven't got his recent games since 2001 (remake of Klonoa 1 doesn't count) which is very sad.
This is fate.