YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 745463 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#1181  June 10, 2021, 04:34:07 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Seriously, what is taking them so long to reveal the last member of Women's Fighters?

Now that she's back, Gang-Il isn't far behind.  I can't wait if they finally decide to give Kim's pants the animation it desperately needs.
#1182  June 10, 2021, 06:17:41 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Well there goes my wish for Jhun or May Lee reappearing.

That aside, Luong seems to not receive much redesign from her XIV counterpart.
I wish she wore a reformed ao dai or smth we saw from Kim's ending cuz you know... she's Vietnamese and all.
#1183  June 10, 2021, 07:14:30 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
YESSSS !! It was Luong! It could not be someone else.

Also, her design is pretty much the same but seems like she have the quality and details of the few good designed ones in KOFXV.

Seems like they didn't touch up anything about her gameplay.
Even her Climax "Ben" seems to be exactly the same.
I was a bit worried they went for something less "risqué" (because 2021...)

Nothing bad to say about her, she looks good. Even If I had hopes for a little improvement/variation about:
-specials
-Climax
-overall appearance

Interesting that they show some interaction with Shermie... Of course, Luong is not the "only one" now, since Shermie is back...

Also, WTF with the win pose... ^^;

I'm not really fa of May Lee, but Jhun return would be so awesome!!!
Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 07:29:25 am by Nedflandeurse
#1184  June 10, 2021, 07:52:57 am
    • Mexico
#1185  June 10, 2021, 09:22:52 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Keep in mind, this is now four incomplete teams we have: K' Team, Women's Team, Blue Mary Team and now Korea Team. We pretty much know the composition of two of them, K' and Korea, but jeez man...I have no problem with the character whatsoever, but the last person on the Women's Team better not be the exact same Alice from XIV, and K' himself better not be the exact same either. There's no other real reason for their reveals to have taken this long.

Luong looks as good as ever, I'd say. Not much to say about her, really.
#1186  June 10, 2021, 10:42:26 am
I would normally say they're waiting to reveal the complete Women's team because it's a new character / old returning unexpected character, but we all know it's going to be Alice.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1187  June 10, 2021, 10:43:45 am
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Next week we can see someone from South America, Another World or Mexico to be revealed.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#1188  June 10, 2021, 10:55:52 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
#1189  June 10, 2021, 02:58:25 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I'm actually glad to see Luong. We have had far too many old characters and quite few from 14, so at least they seem to want to keep some from 14, which is a good thing. I love classic characters, and the idea of old characters make debut in KoF, but I was starting to get afraid for the last game's newcomers. One thing that's for sure is that it seems like there will be very few newcomers in general.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1190  June 10, 2021, 06:10:52 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
I'm worried Xanadu might make a return now...
#1191  June 10, 2021, 06:22:05 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
What is there to be worried about? Just don't play him if he gets in.
#1192  June 10, 2021, 10:36:27 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Its pretty much a given. As of their endings in XIV Chang and Choi are still stuck with Xanadu, in tge same way Kim is still stuck with Gang-Il and Luong.
#1193  June 11, 2021, 05:01:35 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea

That he takes a precious slot in the roster when another character could fill that spot.
Also, I find him weird overall. Weak gameplay, wonky design and confusing narrative. He just looks too Street Fighter-ish and I don't like that. Leave all the cartoony stuff to Capcom.

I get that he's a villain character and all, but KOF series had stylish antagonists like the New Face Team, Botan, Shion, Ron and etc. Xanadu.... not so much.
#1194  June 11, 2021, 06:53:15 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nobody's stealing slots

They're repurposing all the work they did with the last game to ensure this one has a huge roster which means if your character didn't make it in they weren't ever gonna make it I'm afraid
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1195  June 11, 2021, 06:57:52 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I'm down for Xanadu to return, y'all naysayers are just weird.
#1196  June 11, 2021, 01:03:26 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Nobody's stealing slots

They're repurposing all the work they did with the last game to ensure this one has a huge roster which means if your character didn't make it in they weren't ever gonna make it I'm afraid

Knowing SNK and their financial status, I guess you're right...

I'm just not so fond of him as a character in general... I think he should've been a completely different design than his bulgy eyed fur coated dude.
#1197  June 11, 2021, 03:29:34 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com

That he takes a precious slot in the roster when another character could fill that spot.
Also, I find him weird overall. Weak gameplay, wonky design and confusing narrative. He just looks too Street Fighter-ish and I don't like that. Leave all the cartoony stuff to Capcom.

I get that he's a villain character and all, but KOF series had stylish antagonists like the New Face Team, Botan, Shion, Ron and etc. Xanadu.... not so much.

Well, I understand if you're not a fan of his design. He's not for everyone, but the "taking up a slot" thing is nonsense. Kim is for sure already in the game and he was in XIV too. Xanadu isn't taking anybody's "slot." Especially in the era of fighting games where DLC is a thing.

Xanadu is cool as fuck to me personally
Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 04:35:01 pm by Umezono
#1198  June 11, 2021, 04:21:27 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Out of all KOF 14 newcomers Xanadu was probably the one who stood the most out, and the one I'm most excited to see return. Luong was one of them, same with Smokey (Antonov). If all of them make it I get my faves from KOF 14.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1199  June 11, 2021, 04:38:02 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
yes he´s design was pretty cool in concept art but the kof xiv graphics didn't help it properly
#1200  June 11, 2021, 05:26:43 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Luong is kinda meh, Xanadu is... ok. I would be happy to see Dinosaur or Sylvie, actually.

Ay yo, quick little theory:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty