YesNoOk

Sprite transparency (Read 1431 times)

Started by Phonej, April 03, 2021, 12:59:46 am
Share this topic:
Sprite transparency
#1  April 03, 2021, 12:59:46 am
    • USA
So essentially, what exactly I am trying to do is give SF3 gill both of his vtriggers, although really I havent had much experience when it comes to adding new sprites to a character, in fact this is the first time I will have done it before. I have the resources required but im not really sure how to go about doing it. Ive gone through the trouble of making a mod for SFV to make gill invisible, installed a greenscreen mod, and this is what i managed to get

https://prnt.sc/112o4u6

Of course this is only 1 of many frames that I have ready. I suppose the question that Im asking is, how can I make these transparent? Is there a way to have a palette of colors that Mugen will make invisible? Do I need to remove the greenscreen on my own and then put it into FF? If thats the case, how can I tell mugen which color(s) to make transparent, please be patient with me I am very new to the sprite thing. Any help would be appreciated
Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 05:24:49 am by Phonej
Re: Sprite transparency
#2  April 04, 2021, 12:51:19 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Wrong colour bg for making that particular effect look pretty in mugen. You need black tbh so the transparency stuff actually goes see through round the detail. Right now your effect will retain a green tinge around it even with trans = add in play.

Any mugen sprite not using alpha transparency needs a 256 colour palette. Colour 0 which is top left or bottom right depending on application will be your invisible colour. Most of the time if the image has pure black that tends to be 0 by default which is good for your purposes. All you have to do is add it to the file with shared palette turned off and you're good.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Re: Sprite transparency
#3  April 07, 2021, 05:24:42 am
    • USA
Thanks so much man, worked perfectly